IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus Christ was and is a Jehovah’s Witne  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus Christ was and is a Jehovah�s Witne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2008 at 3:13am

again, this needs to be in the interfaith section, not here.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 9:21am
Originally posted by mariyah mariyah wrote:

ASA Minuteman:
As far as I know the JW's believe:
*Jesus is the son of God but not God,..He is the Archangel Michael sent to the earth to do Gods work(correct me if I am wrong please Robin)
*They believe the concept of the trinity is of pagan origin (which is a point we agree on) the worship is of the One true God only, and all holidays pretty much are not observed as they are "no part of this world"
*The organization is run by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania...
*you were formerly called Bible students, or Russellites (after the founder, Russell"
*Only 144,000 select JW's will go to heaven to rule with Jesus, the rest who are worthy (You must be a baptized JW) will inherit a paradise earth.
*All other so called Christians are part of the whore of Babylon called "christendom" and are condemmed to Gehenna as are the rest of us who do not join their faith.
*The leaders of this brand of faith do not encourage higher education unless it is further study of the tenets of their faith. The end of the world is coming soon and they must "serve as a witness to all nations and then the end will come"
Very simple, inclusive, but easy to figure out.

note the corrention:-

*All other so called Christians are part of the whore of Babylon THE GREAT, AND ALL OTHER RELIGIONS and are condemmed to Gehenna as are the rest of us who do not join their faith.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2008 at 2:23pm
Robin,

that's how you believe, this is how we do:

103:1 CONSIDER the flight of time! 

103:2 Verily, man is bound to lose himself

103:3 unless he be of those  who attain to faith (in God and His messangers), and do good works, and enjoin upon one another the keeping to truth, and enjoin upon one another patience.

Hasan

Edited by honeto - 24 June 2008 at 2:26pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 12:48am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Robin,

that's how you believe, this is how we do:

103:1 CONSIDER the flight of time! 

103:2 Verily, man is bound to lose himself

103:3 unless he be of those  who attain to faith (in God and His messangers), and do good works, and enjoin upon one another the keeping to truth, and enjoin upon one another patience.

Hasan

Logic demands that The one and Only True God has Only One True Religion (Faith)!

If this is not the case we can change day to day and anyone will do!

Edited by robin - 25 June 2008 at 12:49am
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 5:13pm
Robin,
I agree with what you said.
In Islam we believe that for mankind there is only One true religion or way since the creation of Adam. And that is submission to the One and Only God, in practice that is Islam. Adam was a Muslim, and so were all of God's prophets sent in different times all over the world, like Noah, Moses, Abraham, David, Jesus and Mohammed (pbut).
Those of us who know the Creator through logic and knowledge and surrender to His will,  and follow the guidance sent by Him for our times are on the right path.  Those who deny the Judgement Day and deny the logic and knowledge once it has reached their ears, eyes, heart and mind have lost belief, and are lost. Their denial of the Truth will serve as a witness against themselves on the day of Judgement, when their eyes, ears, heart and mind will testify against themself. They will be the losers that Day, and what a loss that will be, a loss forever.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 25 June 2008 at 5:14pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 7:44pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

I agree with robin Isa/Jesus was a witness of Jehovah/Yahweh/God/Allah [arabic form] i dont see much wrong with the post from an islamic point of view at all. It plainly states it in the Quran that Isa will be a witness against all those who called him God and so will his followers be witnesses for him on the day of judgment that he fulfilled his responsibilities and never claimed such a thing.

The muslim Ummah will be witness against other nations, this is nothing new, Rasul allah [sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam] himself said something very similar to this John 17:6��I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word"". and the angels bore witness that he too had fulfilled his trust and responsibility, later on Allah said in the Quran "today i have perfected your religion".

robin you misquoted Isaiah 43:12
and made it sound as if Jesus was saying he was God the entire verse reads..."I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God". I also think you are over extending the meaning of some of the passages in the bible as  Jehovah/Yahweh/God/Allah will not call to witness for him those people who have not lived the life he chose for them. This would be the equivalent of calling a serial killer to witness for God against other serial killers and to tell them what they did was wrong, there is no moral high ground here and it would be clear hypocrisy.

Mariyah there is no need to be rude to Robin and suggest that she leaves the forum or they are not welcome here it isnt your place to say who is or isn't allowed to come to a public forum, if you can not entertain multiple conflicting ideas in your mind then quietly leave the discussion there is no shame in that.

Edited by rami - 25 June 2008 at 7:52pm
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Robin,
I agree with what you said.
In Islam we believe that for mankind there is only One true religion or way since the creation of Adam. And that is submission to the One and Only God, in practice that is Islam. Adam was a Muslim, and so were all of God's prophets sent in different times all over the world, like Noah, Moses, Abraham, David, Jesus and Mohammed (pbut).
Those of us who know the Creator through logic and knowledge and surrender to His will,  and follow the guidance sent by Him for our times are on the right path.  Those who deny the Judgement Day and deny the logic and knowledge once it has reached their ears, eyes, heart and mind have lost belief, and are lost. Their denial of the Truth will serve as a witness against themselves on the day of Judgement, when their eyes, ears, heart and mind will testify against themself. They will be the losers that Day, and what a loss that will be, a loss forever.
Hasan

Adam did not submit to God but rebelled by disobeying him and eating the fruit Jehovah told him not to:-

Genesis 2:16-17

And Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: �From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.�

Genesis 3:11-12

From the tree from which I commanded you not to eat have you eaten?� 12 And the man went on to say: �The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me [fruit] from the tree and so I ate.�

Genesis 3:17-19

And to Adam he said: �Because you listened to your wife�s voice and took to eating from the tree concerning which I gave you this command, �You must not eat from it,� cursed is the ground on your account. In pain you will eat its produce all the days of your life. 18 And thorns and thistles it will grow for you, and you must eat the vegetation of the field. 19 In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.�

Thus he dies for his badness! 
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2008 at 2:08pm
1. Is trinity the truth?
NO!

2. Is Jesus or the holy spirit a god? What about holy spirit, god or not?
IN HEAVEN JESUS IS A LESSER GOD.
HOLY SPIRIT IS GOD'S POWER.

3. Did Jesus die on the cross?
NO, ON A "STAKE" (UPRIGHT POLE).

4. Did Jesus come back to life after death (called resurrection)?
YES.

5. Do the JW's believe in the original sin?
YES, IT WAS DISOBEDIENCE TO GOD. 

6. Did Jesus die and take away the sins of people (Atonement)?
YES, BY HIS BLOOD

7. Is it necessary to be baptised nowadays?
YES 

8. Did Jesus meet any of his arch enemies after getting up (rising)?
EXPLAINE PLEASE

9. Did he go bodily to heavens or only his soul went up?
HUMANS DO NOT HAVE SOULS THEY ARE SOULS
SOUL CAN MEAN LIFE.
JESUS WAS RAISED A SPIRIT BEING.

10. When will he come back and what he wil do?
HE RETURNED IN 1914 AS THE KING OF GOD'S HEAVENLY KINGDOM WHICH WILL SOON TAKE CONTROL OF THIS EARTH AND DESTROY SATAN'S SYSTEM OF THINGS
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic