IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Circumcision  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Circumcision

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohamed_H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Circumcision
    Posted: 20 June 2005 at 1:42am

i am a full muslim, and born a muslim, however, i have never been circumcised, does this make me bad? i dont want to hav it done now because they say it is too painful, and i enjoy masterbating, and i have heard you cant do that wiothout foreskin, can someone please help please?

Mohamed Hussain

muratkose View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muratkose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 2:43am

Assalamu Aleikum dear brother,

first of all with current conditions the circumcision is not so painful. you can have it done and swim in same day.  many children are circumcised every day and I believe that you are more bold than them.

it is wrong to masturbate even if you are circumcised or not.

peace be with you!

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by muratkose muratkose wrote:

Assalamu Aleikum dear brother,

first of all with current conditions the circumcision is not so painful. you can have it done and swim in same day.  many children are circumcised every day and I believe that you are more bold than them.

peace be with you!

Why i did not,why!!!?

Perception View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perception Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 6:56am
Salam.

Circumcision is sunnah of the beloved Prophet (pbuh). Therefore, while it is not obligatory to be circumcised, it is very highly recommended.

The Prophet (pbuh) said:

"There are five things which form (an integral) part of the fitrah (natural way of Allah which has been inherited from all previous Prophets of Allah), namely, circumcision, removing the pubic hair and shaving the armpit, clipping of nails, and trimming one�s moustache."
Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2005 at 4:39am
wa salam aleykum wr wb

I havent found the subject even touched in the Quran. If it truely was something of releigious importance, it would be in the Quran itself. We know for a fact that God does not run out of words, ever. So if its not in there. its not in there.

15:28 And your Lord said to the Angels: "I am creating a human from a hardened clay."
15:29 "So when I perfect him, and blow of My spirit in him, you shall submit to him."

32:6 The One who perfected everything He created and He began the creation of the human from mud.

40:64 God is the One who made the Earth a habitat for you, and the sky as a structure, and He designed you, and has perfected your design. And He provided you with good provisions. Such is God your Lord. Most Exalted is God, Lord of the worlds.

And these are but samples quickly picked up from the book. So if  God claim he has perfected our design. Im just going to take his words for it, no argument.

So youre uncircumcised...well good for you then innit bro :)

Peace
TnE
saalih View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saalih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2005 at 2:42pm

i will have to disagree with noah.  i think you should take those above word back. the quran is the commandment of allah "EXPLAINED" by the prophet and what how to apply it that is the SUNNAH.

if you reject the sunnah wich is the commandment of allah then you have rejected the quran, the sunnah goes into more detials of what allah ordered.

Surah An-Najm 3-4

����� �������� ���� ��������
(3) ���� ���� ������ ������ ������ (4)

Nor does he speak of (his own) desire. It is only a Revelation revealed.

so every hadith is a revelation.

the prophet didn't just say it because he felt like it.
allah knows best.
Noah View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 7:23am
Originally posted by shakur shakur wrote:

i will have to disagree with noah.  i think you should take those above word back. the quran is the commandment of allah "EXPLAINED" by
the prophet and what how to apply it that is the SUNNAH.

"Shall I seek OTHER THAN THE GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed THIS BOOK FULLY DETAILED? ....The word of your Lord is COMPLETE, in truth and justice. Nothing shall abrogate His words; He is the hearer, the omniscient. Yet, if you obey the majority of people, they will take you away from the path of The God. That is because they follow CONJECTURE, and they fail to think." (Quran, 6:114-116)

Quote if you reject the sunnah wich is the commandment of allah then you have rejected the quran, the sunnah goes into more detials of what allah ordered.

So youre arguing that the Quran misses details? look at the verse i just posted, and there are many more saying the excact same thing.

Quote Surah An-Najm 3-4

����� �������� ���� �������� (3) ���� ���� ������ ������ ������ (4)

Nor does he speak of (his own) desire. It is only a Revelation revealed.

so every hadith is a revelation.

the prophet didn't just say it because he felt like it.

Say what?. Because as we can read in the Quran, he was not infallible, and once even tried to make unlawfull what was lawfull

"Oh Prophet, WHY do you forbid "TUHARAM" that which God has made lawful "AHAL" in order to please your wives. God is Merciful and Forgiving. God has decreed to you how to revoke your oaths, and God is your Lord. He is most Wise and Knowledgeable" (66:1-2)

So as obviously demonstrated here. The verse must be reffering to The Quran, not hadith. He never spoke anything in the Quran out of his own will, but as a human being he was fallible, and thus God tells us so.

Peace
Noah

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic