IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > GREEN Forum
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My work  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My work
    Posted: 12 June 2008 at 8:08am
has apparantly dropped carbon emission by 33% In Janurary the emissions was at 36 tons, in May it dropped to 24 tons. This was through adjusting times that the A/C was operational, monitoring & adjusting the temp and turning off equipment & lights.
Since I work in a school, this was my campus only, the other campuses hasn't done anything, but it will be done across all campuses.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 10:08pm
Bi ismillahi rahmani raheem

Hi Angel

air conditioning is the worst offender i think, they need to make them more eficient or find better ways of cooling.
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 10:20pm

yeah I agree, not sure how thou.

Edited by Angel - 12 June 2008 at 10:24pm
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2008 at 10:40pm

we get a lot of sun in this country they should make solar panels just to power the Air con in summer which is when it is most heavily used. The panel can power an entire home so i dont think 1 air con unit will be to much.

Edited by rami - 12 June 2008 at 10:41pm
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2008 at 7:38am
true. every household should have panels on their roof.
as with everything the cost involved is always high Unhappy

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 11:21pm
If the gasoline price stay high, the solar panel price will more competitive to the "mineral based electricity" price.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2008 at 10:39am
Originally posted by rami rami wrote:

air conditioning is the worst offender i think, they need to make them more eficient or find better ways of cooling.

True. Not only does it consume loads of energy/electricity but uses CFCs. There are other ways of cooling too. . . some involve the design of the architecture.

In the Sub-Continent, we have very hot summers. . .and the houses that were built long ago used to have very high roofs, so the hot air would collect at the top, leaving cooler air for below. Along with thatched roofs.

But a more modern environmentally friendly thing is Air-Coolers. They are very common in Pakistan, but only work in certain weather conditions. . . not-humid climate. So we can only use them during certain times in the summer. But even 2 months without ACs can help a lot. The only electricity required is to turn the fan, and pump water. Water cools the straw lined in the box-like cooler and the breeze from it is as cool as an AC, if not cooler.  All natural.
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2008 at 6:37am
I have a air cooler, the water filled one and its the noises bloody thing ever, so don't use it. Also my skin feels iky from the air blown on it. Maybe just got a dud buy. Just have a couple of fans.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic