IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Searching the forum  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Searching the forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Searching the forum
    Posted: 12 June 2008 at 7:48am
Hi, I'm having trouble searching the forum. Everytime I put in some search terms/words it fails to bring anything, it comes up with: "One or more of your search criteria is below 3 characters" when it is more than three words. And If I put in the exact title of a thread it comes up that the search failed. Confused

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2008 at 12:53am
Hi Angel

To search word on title/topic/subject use the following option will help:
- use "Match phrase" (not "match all word")
- Search In: "topic subject" (not "message body")
- Find Post: If you know the time frame, use the narower time span (last 6 month will be better/faster than 1 year)

Admin
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2008 at 6:38am
ok, will try that next time and let ya know.
Thanks.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
want2know View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 11:12am
I am new to this forum and was acussed of "spamming" I do not know what this means. Did I offend someone with my posts? I have read the guidelines but I donot know what spamming means.If I offended the moerators, I am sorry and I apologize. I didn't mean to offend any one!
want2know View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2010 at 11:16am
Please answere my post. thanx!
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2010 at 7:39am
Originally posted by want2know want2know wrote:

I am new to this forum and was acussed of "spamming" I do not know what this means. Did I offend someone with my posts? I have read the guidelines but I donot know what spamming means.If I offended the moerators, I am sorry and I apologize. I didn't mean to offend any one!

Hello want2know,

I guess you probably posted a couple of posts/messages one after the other within a span of few minutes - and a message appeared saying

"..etc....and spamming is not allowed"

Don't worry about it, its an automatic message that appears if we post too many posts in a short span of time. It is to prevent people from spamming i.e. flooding threads with adverts or unnecessary/irrelevant messages. Just wait a few minutes before posting another message and you will not get that message. Used to happen with me in the beginning too.

So don't worry, you didn't offend anyone Smile

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
want2know View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote want2know Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 8:36pm
Thanks 4explaining this, Chrysalis!! I understand now. Thanx!
Nemart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nemart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2012 at 12:38pm
thanks guys

Edited by Nemart - 27 September 2012 at 12:46pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic