IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wisdom when giving Da'wah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wisdom when giving Da'wah

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infomagination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wisdom when giving Da'wah
    Posted: 26 May 2008 at 4:50am

Wisdom when giving Da'wah

Story 1

Once the grandsons of Nabi Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam, Hazrat Hasan and Hazrat Husain Radhi Allahu Anhuma, saw an old man performing wudhu at the banks of the Euphrates River. The man hastened through the wudhu and perfmored Salaah just ask quickly. In so doing, he omitted the Sunnah method of wudhu and Salaah. Hasan and Husain Radhi Allahu Anhuma wanted to teach the old man the correct method, but they feared that he, being old, would be enraged if his error was pointed out by them.

They approached him and said : "We are young while you are an old man with lots of experience. You know how to make wudhu and Salaah better than us. We would like to peform wudhu and Salaah in your presence and we would appreciate it if you would point out to us any errors which we might commit." Thereafter, they proceeded to perform wudhu and Salaah according to the Sunnah method. When the old man saw this he immediately made tobah from his wrong and rectified himself henceforth. (1)

Story 2

Molana Shah Abdul Qaadir Rahimahullah used to teach hadith. Once a student attended his class in an impure state, without performing ghusal. Molana came to know that he was in need of ghusal and instructed : "Today we will not have any lessons. I feel the desire to swim in the Jamna River." All the students joined their teacher and proceeded for a swim. They all performed ghusal in the river, including the student who was in need of ghusal. Thereafter, he said: "Let us now return to our lessons. Why should we allow any time to go to waste."

Story 3

Once a person attended the lecture of Molana Shah Abdul Qaadir Rahimahullah. Unfortunately, his trouser was beneath his ankles. After the talk was over Molana asked the person to remain behind. The person was afraid that he would be taken to task. Instead Molana adressed him saying : "There is a weakness in me. My trouser sometimes hangs below my ankels. In the hadith it is mentioned that that person whose trouser is beneath his ankles, will burn in the fire of Jahnnam. I fear that I should be punished in this way. Please check if my trouser is beneath my ankles."

The person replied : "How can this weakness ever be in you. Rather, it is a weakness within me. Today I sincerely make tobah that I will not do this again." (2)

Lessons

A Muslim should use wisdom when inviting to the truth. History has shown many a time how the gentle and soft approach has won hearts where the sledge-hammer approach failed.

References:

1. Taraashe, Mufti Taqi Uthmaani, p 115, quoted from Manaaqib al-Imaam al-A'azam by Allamah Kardari

2. Hazrat Thaanwi ke Pasandeedah Waaqiaat, pg 134

"One morning or evening in the path of Allah is better than the world and all it contains. A hand-span or a whip's length of Jannat is better that the world and all it contains..."Sayings of Nabi(SAW)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic