IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - From where did the trinity teaching come?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

From where did the trinity teaching come?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 29303132>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2013 at 9:21pm
Greetings Nur_Ilahi,

Men have structured the religion of Islam based on what Muhammad recited, and on observations from how Muhammad lived, and ruled.

Just as it was men that structured the Catholic church based on the words of Jesus that were passed on and recorded by the people who knew, and walked, and lived with Him.

Sometimes men get things wrong.  That is why I go to the Word of God, which is in the Bible, and not to church leaders, to know God. 

"For the word of God is living and active.... Hebrews 4:12"

be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God�s will is�his good, pleasing and perfect will.  Romans 12

21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:
22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Salaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 22 February 2013 at 10:15am
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 4:02am
Assalamo Alaikom Caringheart,

You're contradicting yourself again.

BEFORE
Originally posted by Caringheart Caringheart wrote:

I do not believe in religion. Religion is a thing of man.

AFTER

Religion is following the Word of God

Is the Bible the Word of God?

Not concerning oneself with the things which man prescribes, but seeking the actual will of God.

Is the Bible the actual will of God?

I do not believe you have to belong to one of the religions structured by man to seek the will of God.

Is the Bible structured by man?

re�li�gion noun (from Merriam Webser online dictionary)
    the service and worship of God or the supernatural

I adhere to this definition. Smile

Do you adhere to this definition through the Bible?

Edited by Rational - 22 February 2013 at 10:01am
الله
Caringheart View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Rational Rational wrote:

You're contradicting yourself again.

BEFORE

AFTER

Religion is following the Word of God

Is the Bible the Word of God?

Not concerning oneself with the things which man prescribes, but seeking the actual will of God.

Is the Bible the actual will of God?

I do not believe you have to belong to one of the religions structured by man to seek the will of God.

Is the Bible structured by man?

Do you adhere to this definition through the Bible?

Please do not take my words out of context.

So let's define religion...

to me it is following the Word of God...
key words here... to me

not concerning oneself with the things which man prescribes, but seeking the actual will of God.
  • "to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."
  • 'bridling the tongue'
  • "caring for their own family and so repaying their parents and grandparents, for this is pleasing to God."
I believe we seek the will of God with our whole being, not by doing what man tells us we must do.

and yes, I believe the Bible is the Word of God given to us through men inspired of God.
"12 For the word of God is alive and active."
and you know this when you read it. Smile

"Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard Him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.(John 4)

Salaam.

Unfortunately you were denied reading my reply to Nur_Ilahi, due to moderator delays, before making your post.
(even though mine was written well before yours Disapprove)

Edited by Caringheart - 22 February 2013 at 10:33am
Blessed be God forever
"I believe in Jesus as I believe in the sun... not because I see it, but because by it, I see everything else.: - C.S.Lewis
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2013 at 4:29am

BEFORE

AFTER

To me, Religion is following the Word of God. I believe the Bible is the Word of God

It's clear from you're own words, that the Bible is your Religion. Which implies that you have a religion, you believe in a religion. Everyone can see this.

But, previously you said that you don't believe in religion and that it's a thing of man. You just need to take this statement back and admit that you were wrong. Don't confuse people by saying that you don't believe in religion while at the same time, you yourself have a religion.

Edited by Rational - 23 February 2013 at 4:43am
الله
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2013 at 11:49am

BEFORE

AFTER

To me, Religion is following the Word of God. I believe the Bible is the Word of God

It's clear from you're own words, that the Bible is your Religion. Which implies that you have a religion, you believe in a religion. Everyone can see this.

But, previously you said that you don't believe in religion and that it's a thing of man. You just need to take this statement back and admit that you were wrong. Don't confuse people by saying that you don't believe in religion while at the same time, you yourself have a religion.

Semantics games. Ermm

Blessed be God forever
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 9:02pm

Don't confuse people by saying that you don't believe in religion while at the same time, you yourself have a religion.

I support you Bro.

Caringheart, if you don't believe in religion, then you should stop quoting from the Bible as it belongs to the religion of Christianity.

By the way, Caringheart, can a translation of a translation of a translation be called word of God?

Salam
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caringheart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2013 at 9:22pm
Greetings Nur_Ilahi,

Did you read my reply to you which is at the top of this page, dated Feb. 21, and all the posts that came after?

Salaam.
Blessed be God forever
Rational View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 5:55am

Semantics games. Ermm

You have no response. Only that it's "Semantics games". Everyone can see what you're doing. But you still insist.

What you're saying is dangerous. Your words can mislead a person from seeking the one true religion. You deny every religion then expect people to seek. It goes against your own signature "Let us seek Truth".

Don't confuse people by saying that you don't believe in religion while at the same time, you yourself have a religion

Edited by Rational - 25 February 2013 at 6:12am
الله
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 29303132>
  Share Topic