IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Middle East
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - IRANIAN THREAT  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IRANIAN THREAT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IRANIAN THREAT
    Posted: 29 April 2008 at 7:18am

Iran may be an ideological threat to US and an economic threat to Israel, but it is not a military threat to either one. (I won�t give stats to verify this assertion; the military strengths of the three counties may be googled easily enough)

The chicken hawks in US and Israel know this fact. However, the military industrial complex in the US and the supremacist in Israel need a new bogyman and after the fall of the Soviet Union Iran is it. They need to justify the excessive military spending in the US and the �defensive� expansionist policies in Israel somehow. So, in true Hollywood fashion, they yell from the roof tops:  

�THE I-RAIN-IANS ARE COMING�THE I-RAIN-IANS ARE COMING�!!�

The masses duck and cover and the elite make big buck$.

Respectfully
aka2x2
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 9:39am
Haven't we exhausted this discussion already?
aka2x2 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aka2x2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 12:09pm
The time to stop a war is before it starts...
Some folks have been beating their war drums pretty loudly lately.

Last Sunday, 60 Minutes, the news program on CBS, had a piece on Israeli air-force doing practice runs for air attacks on "suspected" Iranian nuclear facilities. All These facilities are in populated areas. There is going to be heavy civilian casualties, regardless of predictions to the contrary.

You tell me... Are those lives worth discussing?... Did we discuss it enough?...Did the congress vote to go war?... Because nobody will believe Israel attacked Iran without American approval and support... And, because US will be pulled into this war if it starts.
Respectfully
aka2x2
imp87 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imp87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 4:05pm

I heard a few years back that Mr Bushi will hit I-RAN before he leaves presidency.

I dont know how true it is, or how likely.

Edited by imp87 - 29 April 2008 at 4:05pm
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2008 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by aka2x2 aka2x2 wrote:

The time to stop a war is before it starts...
Some folks have been beating their war drums pretty loudly lately.

Last Sunday, 60 Minutes, the news program on CBS, had a piece on Israeli air-force doing practice runs for air attacks on "suspected" Iranian nuclear facilities. All These facilities are in populated areas. There is going to be heavy civilian casualties, regardless of predictions to the contrary.

You tell me... Are those lives worth discussing?... Did we discuss it enough?...Did the congress vote to go war?... Because nobody will believe Israel attacked Iran without American approval and support... And, because US will be pulled into this war if it starts.

I'm saying there are several threads (most in the political and current events section) you could discuss this from. I don't see how what you've provided here runs anything different. I'm not trying to kill anything you're saying, but as to not make these kinds of topics redundant, it's best to provide new information rather than "parrot" what has already been discussed.
Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 5:45pm

If I don�t like the topic or I don�t want to make a comment about it, I just leave it and let anyone do their stuff. We do have freedom of speech, don�t we? Smile All we need is respect so that others will respect us too and no more heated, useless arguments.Smile

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 10:37pm
Originally posted by Truth_light24 Truth_light24 wrote:

If I don�t like the topic or I don�t want to make a comment about it, I just leave it and let anyone do their stuff. We do have freedom of speech, don�t we? Smile All we need is respect so that others will respect us too and no more heated, useless arguments.Smile

Sigh....Nevermind.....Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic