IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why do muslim countries not have strong economy?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why do muslim countries not have strong economy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:57am
Kindly keep your snide remarks toward my religion out of this thread.  Just because you disagree with my comments gives you NO right to degrade my Catholic faith. 

Are you on something, Patty?
Can you show how and where I have made any snide remark on your religion or on any faith? Can you read plain simple English?

You must be the only one in the whole wide world to force my reference to Cap It All ism's Tin Gods + Plastic Temples.

Anyway, you do provide a good laugh at times.
Please. just tell me what you know about my street and our women?

Edited by Whisper - 10 November 2008 at 12:21pm
PattyaMainer View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Kindly keep your snide remarks toward my religion out of this thread.  Just because you disagree with my comments gives you NO right to degrade my Catholic faith. 

Are you on something, Patty?
Can you show how and where I have made any snide remark on your religion or on any faith? Can you read plain simple English?

You must be the only one in the whole wide world to force my reference to Cap It All ism's Tin Gods + Plastic Temples.

Anyway, you do provide a good laugh at times.
Please. just tell me what you know about my street and our women?

Why don't you try speaking in plain English then?  And, NO, I am not "on something."  Unless it's wrong in your eyes to eat ginger snaps and drink a glass of water.  I'm quite sure I am not the only one to "force your reference"....not hardly, Sasha.  Nice try though.

I'm glad I am able to provide you with a good belly laugh or two....it's obvious you can use them.  

About your street and women.....which street in which country would it be to which you are referring?  You have so many different residences, I can't keep track of which one you're talking about.

"FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE. FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY."
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 1:51am
Whisper,

Its a proven fact that when a woman has an education, her children prosper better than women who do not have an education.  This goes directly towards her ability to raise them.

Also, women who have an education fare better when tragedy strikes the family.  I point out often about the time when my husband hurt his back and I became the only income in the home.  If I hadn't been educated, we would have been homeless and destitute.

In the uncertainty of war and famine, women with educations will fare better if something happens to her husband.  She will not be reduced to begging in the streets.

In a perfect world, a woman would have a husband, sons, brothers, father etc to support her.  But the world is imperfect.  A society where the women are educated will florish. 

A perfect example of this is the Golden Age of Islam.  Khadija was a merchant, Aisha memorized the Quran and more Hadith than any other.  It was the women who supported Muhammed (pbuh) and it was they who carried it forward. 

If the Middle East and Central Asia want to rise from poverty, education needs to be provided to all children.  Women doctors need to be trained so that infant mortality and women's health issues are addressed in the confines of the modest lifestyles.  Women teachers need to be trained for schools and women need to participate in government to protect their sisters from the ever present corruption.

Its not about trotting women out and making them slaves of a two income household.  Its preparing them for disasters and helping them to strengthen their community. 

Sasha, you are so quick to jump in and enjoy when Duende, Mariyah and myself are online.  But, I come from a poor family...  I would not be able to be here had I been born in some areas of Africa or Asia.  My mother would not have had a high school education and she would not have been able to make sure that her two daughters got a college education.

The prosperous nations do not ignore the contributions from half their populations.  Malaysia is a prime example.  You look at pictures from around Kuala Lampur and you see women in Hijab walking around the business centers with briefcases. 

I want to see the Muslim world succeed in pulling itself out of poverty.  I told my husband I have a dream of taking the "$100 Laptops" and going to Afghanistan and teaching young girls how to utilize this glory of technology to prosper.  Maybe if God grants me the resources, someday I can do that.  How wonderful would it be for a young woman to provide the education and resources so that her sons and daughters can go to college.  Or how a young farm wife would be able to help her husband by researching modern farming techniques and finding international buyers over the internet? 

Poverty leads to instability, war and corruption.  Education is a tool to get out of poverty.  It shouldn't be denied to anyone.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 4:38am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Whisper,

Its a proven fact that when a woman has an education, her children prosper better than women who do not have an education.  This goes directly towards her ability to raise them.

Also, women who have an education fare better when tragedy strikes the family.  I point out often about the time when my husband hurt his back and I became the only income in the home.  If I hadn't been educated, we would have been homeless and destitute.

In the uncertainty of war and famine, women with educations will fare better if something happens to her husband.  She will not be reduced to begging in the streets.

In a perfect world, a woman would have a husband, sons, brothers, father etc to support her.  But the world is imperfect.  A society where the women are educated will florish. 

A perfect example of this is the Golden Age of Islam.  Khadija was a merchant, Aisha memorized the Quran and more Hadith than any other.  It was the women who supported Muhammed (pbuh) and it was they who carried it forward. 

If the Middle East and Central Asia want to rise from poverty, education needs to be provided to all children.  Women doctors need to be trained so that infant mortality and women's health issues are addressed in the confines of the modest lifestyles.  Women teachers need to be trained for schools and women need to participate in government to protect their sisters from the ever present corruption.

Its not about trotting women out and making them slaves of a two income household.  Its preparing them for disasters and helping them to strengthen their community. 

Sasha, you are so quick to jump in and enjoy when Duende, Mariyah and myself are online.  But, I come from a poor family...  I would not be able to be here had I been born in some areas of Africa or Asia.  My mother would not have had a high school education and she would not have been able to make sure that her two daughters got a college education.

The prosperous nations do not ignore the contributions from half their populations.  Malaysia is a prime example.  You look at pictures from around Kuala Lampur and you see women in Hijab walking around the business centers with briefcases. 

I want to see the Muslim world succeed in pulling itself out of poverty.  I told my husband I have a dream of taking the "$100 Laptops" and going to Afghanistan and teaching young girls how to utilize this glory of technology to prosper.  Maybe if God grants me the resources, someday I can do that.  How wonderful would it be for a young woman to provide the education and resources so that her sons and daughters can go to college.  Or how a young farm wife would be able to help her husband by researching modern farming techniques and finding international buyers over the internet? 

Poverty leads to instability, war and corruption.  Education is a tool to get out of poverty.  It shouldn't be denied to anyone.

Outstanding post, Angela.  I heartily agree.

Peace to you always,
Patty
"FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE. FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY."
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 11:34am
Nice try though.

What makes you think that am going to try something just for frying some browny points with you?

Plastic Temples and Tin Gods have nada to do with ANY faith at all. This is my pet reference for the great Cap It All itis and CONSUMERISM. Do you understand?

Give me just one good reason why I should run anything Catholic down?

Edited by Whisper - 11 November 2008 at 11:42am
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 11:39am
Outstanding post, Angela.  I heartily agree.

You can agree absolutely as far as your circumstances run, in your set up. But who says that the ENTIRE world is run like the US? And the US conditions apply everywhere?

That's where the Amreekanos make absolute mess of things in the world.

This post does not apply to our Tribal culture.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Nice try though.

What makes you think that am going to try something just for frying some browny points with you?

Plastic Temples and Tin Gods have nada to do with ANY faith at all. This is my pet reference for the great Cap It All itis and CONSUMERISM. Do you understand?

Give me just one good reason why I should run anything Catholic down?

Mea culpa.  I have trouble following your "pet references" sometimes.

There is no good reason why you should run anything Catholic down..I'm glad to see I was wrong in my thinking.  Forgive me, Sasha.

Patty
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2008 at 8:46pm
Can there not be a balance??

honestly, you see people, most men and women, now working up to 12 hours in a working day. Supposedly to then have time and energy to enjoy their families.

Then you have women who have no access to an education, a basic one of that in parts of the world.  

One thing that I noticed in my travels is that for women not facing poverty, they lived, generally, a good communal life.  It is the struggles of women and men in poverty, and who often lack access to education that is where the trouble lies.

Yes we need women doctors and teachers. But not everyone can do those jobs. Should women have just as good as education as men, absolutely.

But our society has changed, motherhood is less then the"ideal." This is even more so in Europe and othger parts of the world, like Japan where birthrates are declining. Unfortunately one's work is often how we are defined and how we define others.

Somewhere we need balance ang give people the basics to survive and yet not become caught up in this dunya.. a fine line I think...
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic