IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why do muslim countries not have strong economy?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why do muslim countries not have strong economy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2008 at 11:29am
We should discuss these topics first before why USA invade Iraq because we lose and are lost in economical issues for last century? If Palestean or any other muslim country who suffers would have the same economy with Israel, Would they suffer so much ?

I wonder if anyone could come up with the prescription for Palestine to have a good economy - with all that blockade, persecution and destruction on daily basis?

Most other economies are sucked up and made to evaporate by IMF and the World Bank prescriptions. I suggest we should read Professor Stiglitz and Naomi Klien on this matter.
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2008 at 11:13am
Here's my two cents. 
1.  We don't provide our women with the same educational and professional opportunities so 50% of our population is not realizing its potential.
2.  We are often controlled by dictators or dysfunctional governments.
3.  We value strength and sabre rattling over intelligence and diplomacy.
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2008 at 12:18pm
I love it when some interesting half baked thesis is floated!

1.  We don't provide our women with the same educational and professional opportunities so 50% of our population is not realizing its potential.

And grooming women as workhorses and Mortgage contributers will carve some healthy society?

How many happy women do you ever see on the 7:40 from Paddington or anywhere else? I had asked that question from a woman friend, a famous barrister and a writer, a few years ago while we were travelling in the London tube.

We counted faces.
All carried that slave sadness in them!

Sir, where and how do you coin your concespts?

Edited by Whisper - 08 November 2008 at 12:22pm
PattyaMainer View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Megatron Megatron wrote:

Here's my two cents. 
2.  We are often controlled by dictators or dysfunctional governments.

Megatron, you are very insightful and use outstanding judgement.  I agree with your 3 reasons 100%.

Patty
"FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE. FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY."
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

I love it when some interesting half baked thesis is floated!

And grooming women as workhorses and Mortgage contributers will carve some healthy society?

How many happy women do you ever see on the 7:40 from Paddington or anywhere else? I had asked that question from a woman friend, a famous barrister and a writer, a few years ago while we were travelling in the London tube.

We counted faces.
All carried that slave sadness in them!

Sir, where and how do you coin your concespts?

Grooming women as workhorses is sooo ridiculous a statement.  All women deserve the opportunity to a good education.  If they choose to stay home and be a housewife and mother, that's wonderful.  But no woman should be kept down simply because she is a female.  Look at all the extremely intelligent lady doctors, lawyers, writers, business owners, scientists, etc., etc.  They deserve the right to a career just as much as anyone else.  I loved working in hospitals and caring for others when I was younger.  My own physician is a wonderful doctor AND a woman.  Perhaps if more men gave real thought to how they are harming their own countries by the fallacy that women are really unhappy to be educated and working, their homelands would begin to show great improvement. But it's much easier to blame everyone else than to face the truth.

Patty
"FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS POSSIBLE. FOR THOSE WHO BELIEVE, NO EXPLANATION IS NECESSARY."
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:07am

What great observation! 
My friend, when we say something as publically as, say, on this forum, then we are bound to substantiate what we have said. I wonder if you would be able to quote some examples of when and where los pobre Mozlems rattled sabres and what strengths they ever had to value?

Or are we just trying to fry just a few browny points with some ultra right wing red necks, here?

I remember Sabre, it was almost the F 18 of its day. It's not a very difficult task to see who has had more Sabres to rattle!

I never realised that it was the Mozlems who were valuing their strengths in some Bagdad street or at those defenseless Afghan pueblos?

No, I know, what you mean, yes los Palestinos are rattling their sabres around the globe and scaring the hell out of everyone!

Or those terrible Kashmiris are out in the open with all their weaponry and holding the rest of the world to ransome?

My friend, it does help to think a little before speaking. I had always taken you as a Canadian, well, didn't know that it was such a porus border for such influence to seep through.

Edited by Whisper - 10 November 2008 at 11:46am
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:19am
Grooming women as workhorses is sooo ridiculous a statement. 

Just please tell me what do you really know about my part of the world and our women, not the ones who have run away to the US but the ones who are here, in my villages and towns?

And, what great society have you carved with your part time motherhood? Money, opportunity, some great plastic temples with those tin gods!

Bless you, please, keep what you have and we will make with what we have. Rudyard Kipling found and defined the great divide and how we live on its either sides. The world does NOT run just by the standards you have in the US.
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattyaMainer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2008 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Whisper Whisper wrote:

Grooming women as workhorses is sooo ridiculous a statement. 

Just please tell me what do you really know about my part of the world and our women, not the ones who have run away to the US but the ones who are here, in my villages and towns?

And, what great society have you carved with your part time motherhood? Money, opportunity, some great plastic temples with those tin gods!

Bless you, please, keep what you have and we will make with what we have. Rudyard Kipling found and defined the great divide and how we live on its either sides. The world does NOT run just by the standards you have in the US.

Please spare me your wealth of knowledge, Sasha!  I know as much or more about women than you ever will!  I may have not carved any great society, but I did my best to improve it and to help provide for my family and my children.  They are all well educated, happy, and devoted to God. For that, I give God all the Glory!  Kindly keep your snide remarks toward my religion out of this thread.  Just because you disagree with my comments gives you NO right to degrade my Catholic faith.  I would never stoop to degrading the Islamic religion.  You are very rude, and very mistaken on many issues my friend.  Your remarks which are intended to insult my religion only set a poor example for Islam....fortunately I know what your temper can cause you to say.....many other non-Muslims do not, and your statements are of the type that cause great harm between the faiths.

Patty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic