IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - YHWH v. Allah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YHWH v. Allah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truthnowcome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2008 at 11:17am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

YHWH in english is Jehovah

InterestingThe Bible in Arabic also does not mention YHWH but replaces it with Allah

Exodus 3

13 Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?' Then what shall I tell them?"

14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am .  This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' "

15 God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers�the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob�has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.

My friend, you were misinformed! �YHWH� is not �I am that I am� Read for your self:

Old Testament Hebrew - StudyLight.org

And God said (8799) unto Moses, I AM (8799) THAT I AM (8799) : and he said (8799) , Thus shalt thou say (8799) unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent (8804) me unto you.

wY(mr (lhye (l-m$h (hyh ($r (hyh wY(mr Kh t(mr lbny y&r(l (hyh $lxny (lyke

Click on the words in colours! Which one define the nature of God, this: God = (lhye  or this: I AM = (hyh ?

Also, I AM is not YHWH, it is (hyh !

YHWH translated as Lord, click on the word �LORD�.   Deuteronomy 6:4 "Hear, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD is one!

And it read in Paslm 83:18 That men may know (8799) that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

(83:19)wyd)W Ky-(Th $mj yhwh lbDj )lya )l-Kl-h(ru

So YHWH translated as JEHOVAH,  and  LORD which should be YAHUWA (Oh He Whom He is)!

Now, if YHWH is the name of God then Jesus (S) said in John 17:6  (NAS) "I have manifested Your name to the men whom You gave Me out of the world; they were Yours and You gave them to Me, and they have kept Your word.

John 17:6  (KJV) I have manifested (5656) thy name unto the men which thou gavest (5758) me out of the world: thine they were (5713) , and thou gavest (5758) them me; and they have kept (5758) thy word.

Can any Christian show me in the bible whew Jesus (S) declared the name �YHWH = YAHUWAH or the suppose JEHOVAH�

Jesus clearly stated in John 17:26  And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Make no mistake! They remove the words: �thy name or your name� in the NIV translation and add it to footnotes, read for your self:

John17:6 (NIV) "I have revealed you[a] to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

Footnotes:

1. John 17:6 Greek your name; also in verse 26

John 17:26  And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Jesus (S) said in John 5:43 "I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him.

Did Jesus (S) really comes in the name of YHWH = YAHUWAH = JEHOVAH?

In John 10:25   Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father's name, these testify of Me.

Did Jesus (S) did any work in the name of YHWH = YAHUWAH OR JEHOVAH? The answer is no! So which name he declared to his disciples?

Look what it says here in Joh 12:13 - Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

Did Jesus (S) comes in the name of YHWH = YAHUWAH OR JEHOVAH? This is the name that Jesus (S) comes in:

Lu 1:31 - And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.  

Mt 1:25 - And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Not YHWH = YAHUWAH OR JEHOVAH!

And Jesus said in Mt 10:41 - He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

Peter testimony when address the Jews:

Ye men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, �a man approve of God� among you by miracles and wonders and sign, which God did by him in the midst of you, as you your self also know. (Acts 2:22)

Jesus (pbuh) said in

Qur'an 3: 49-51 - Lo! I come unto you with a sign from your Lord. Lo! I fashion for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it is a bird by Allah's leave. I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I raise the dead, by Allah's leave. And I announce to you what you eat and what you store up in your houses. Lo! herein verily is a portent for you if you are to be believers.

And (I come) confirming that which was before me of the Torah, and to make lawful some of that which was forbidden unto you. I come unto you with a sign from your Lord, so keep your duty to Allah and obey me. Lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.

Nothing new, it�s all in the bible, Jesus (pbuh) said: ��Touch me not, for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and my God, and your God.� (John 20:16-17 AKJV)

According to him, his Father is �OUR GOD and HIS GOD; He has a GOD, He said: �MY GOD AND YOUR GOD.� In Quran he says: Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. That is a straight path.

And Jesus said to him, "Why do you call me good? No one is good
but God alone."
(
Mark 10:18)

TNC

LET'S SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL...NO MORE LIES!
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 5:58am
LOL!!  tnc, my very next post was-

I just found a website very interesting. 

Claims GOD's name is just EHYEH, translating it to I am is wrong, as is using YHWH and Jehovah. 

On one of these threads someone mentioned the equivalent of EHYEH in arabic, I AM.  Is there something like that in the Quran EHYEH- would it be just HYH?

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 6:00am

The differance is that in one case the covenant is fulfilled and the other it is changed for some reason. 

Do we know why Allah changes a covenant?

Edited by believer - 13 May 2008 at 6:06am
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 6:09pm
beleiver,
my understanding is that in simple: to each people whom God sent a prophet and guidance, the covenant was between that prophet and God, to live by that command in order to achieve salvation.
Those who will break that covenant will fail to achieve the salvation.
Thus all of God's prophets, (we commonly know, i.e., Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus) and Mohammmed (pbut) all had a covenant with God to do their Job of delivering that message to their people, and what each person does with it is that's person's fulfillment or breach of that covenant, and that person is the only one who is rewarded or punished for his choice.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 13 May 2008 at 6:12pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2008 at 7:01pm
Am I the only one that can speak Hebrew?

אהיה אשר אהיה

The above means: Ehyeh asher ehyeh  (I shall be that I shall be)

The form "I am that I am" comes from the King James version not the actual Jewish Bible. Shall I have to explain in detail what the above means?

Rukkaiyah View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rukkaiyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 12:54am
Why is everyone arguing about the name of Allah, Yehwe or God. Allah is one and that's what we should work from. We are all the same to Allah, doesn't matter what we call him, asma al husna. We need to work on how to please him more than the name we call upon him with. Allah is the best name as it denotes "The only god" which cannot be played around with, so muslims prefer to call upon Allah, more than any other name. Alhamdolilah.
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 2:21am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

The differance is that in one case the covenant is fulfilled and the other it is changed for some reason. 

Do we know why Allah changes a covenant?

We still follow the old covenants: circumcision, not eating pork, etc.... 

Christians are the only one who have forsaken the covenants.  I can't see how they have been fulfilled when God stated they were perpetual covenants.  At what point does something perpetual become fulfilled?

Was Saul a Prophet or Messenger of God? 
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Rukkaiyah View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rukkaiyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 3:13am

Salam,

Christians follow the New Testament which was changed by St Peter. St Peter had added his own thoughts and made it ok to eat anything. This is not what Jesus (PBUH) had propogated, but what was amended in the new testament by St Peter.

So in fact, the covenant is still one.

Saul is both a Prophet and Messenger of God as these definitions have the same meaning. A Prophet propogates the message from God.

All Praises due to Allah.

Edited by Rukkaiyah - 14 May 2008 at 3:14am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic