IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - YHWH v. Allah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YHWH v. Allah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2008 at 1:21pm
Can you please stop quoting Wikipedia? It's not even a scholarly source.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2008 at 2:52am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Why not discuss GOD's name, I find the name interesting.

"Many theologians explain that I am that I am is better translated I be that I be. The ancient Hebrew language does not have a past, present, or future tense. Instead, it has an imperfective aspect and perfective aspect as indicators of time, with no actual determined time."

Exodus 3:14 should read:-

"At this God said to Moses: "I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE." And he added: "This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, �I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to YOU.�""-N.W.T.

The God of Moses never called himself "I AM"!
YHWH Allah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YHWH Allah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2016 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

My first thought is that it is not a complete list of differences between YHWH and Allah, there being some I would have thought to be more obvious. It also raises questions of accuracy.� For instance, the first thing it says about Allah is that this is God's name.� Is this in fact true?� Or does the word Allah simply mean God?� The reason I ask is that an exact reference is not given, it merely cites the Quran without giving a chapter or verse...

My First Name is YHWH, and My Last Name is Allah.
YHWH's unpronounceable, Thus not in Recitation.
With that Resolved now, Time to begin Digging.

YHWH Allah

Edited by YHWH Allah - 23 May 2016 at 11:57am
6wlds2go View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6wlds2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 6:18pm
I only read the OP (don't feel like to read 10 pages), and I am sure Allah is not a name. To me it is The God. 
ovibos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ovibos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Doo-bop Doo-bop wrote:

There is therefore no reason why either Ishmael or Muhammad should have known the name, I would have thought

According to the Documentary Hypothesis, there are at least four different authors of the Pentateuch, that is called J, E, D, and P.

E, for instance, doesn't mention about YHWH until Exodus. In other words, according to E, the patriarchs like Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob didn't know about YHWH, since they call God as El or Elohim. That explains why Ishmael and Muhammaad didn't know about YHWH.

According to the Shapira Manuscript -that some believe is an older version of Deuteronomy- God is mostly called as Elohim Eloheinu, not Yahweh.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic