IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why would Allah do this?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why would Allah do this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 3:02pm
Thank you, seekshidayath that makes much more sense-
"'Allah has intensified this disease' means that He does not punish the hypocrites immediately but allows them to indulge in their hypocrisy and exult in the success of their ruses."

Are the translations still lacking?  Why didn't the Quran just say that?  Why would one need a Tafseer? 

Actually Israfil I was not doing that at all- my point was how evil it seemed for Allah to increase someone's sin.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 5:19pm
But I can also say its evil for YHVH to allow a priest to molest a boy without personally intervening.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 6:38pm
Actually Israfil I was not doing that at all- my point was how evil it seemed for Allah to increase someone's sin.- Believer said.

Beliver, if you were not doing so, you would have asked  your question in a different way. You may answer us any, but answer your own self as what was your intention.

Why didn't the Quran just say that?  Why would one need a Tafseer?

I believe you were explained this at other threads {If am not wrong }. Anyways, to understand better we need to go thru tafseer. If we go thru just translations, we may not grasp those beautiful verses. Tafseer means commentary, wherein we have hadiths {sayings of Prophet } and also the comments and views of great scholars. That makes us understand the verse better. For instance, take this same verse ----. Since we are n't learned as they are, so are to go thru commentaries.

Edited by seekshidayath - 19 April 2008 at 7:11pm
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 1:38pm
Yes Irafil you can say-"But I can also say its evil for YHVH to allow a priest to molest a boy without personally intervening. "

Allowing is different then causing.  One involves freewill and the other is just evil.  Maybe it is a language thing.  

seekshidayath -You were offended by the way I asked my question?  No offense was intended.

Do Muslims need the Tafseer on just parts or the whole Quran?  Do all Muslims use these- Quran only Muslims?  I know they don't use hadith but do they use the commentary? 

Edited by believer - 20 April 2008 at 1:41pm
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 5:47am
Do Muslims need the Tafseer on just parts or the whole Quran?  Do all Muslims use these- Quran only Muslims?  I know they don't use hadith but do they use the commentary? 

Am sorry for the misconception. Commentary also includes hadiths. To understand the Holy verses, we are to go thru commentaries. I did not understand your question -   Do all Muslims use these- Quran only Muslims?
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 3:29pm

Quran in itself is very concentrated stuff you have to dilute it in order to understand and get the full picture of it. You do that by going to the tafseer of the verses to understand and get the bigger picture. The verses were revealed with reasons. We should know when the verse was revealed and what was the occasion and why it was revealed, only then can one reach the depth and understand what ALLAH is telling us and you can see it in the tafseer.

The method of tafseer is to explain the Quran with the Quran itself. What is being mentioned in one verse is usually explained in another verse. Other source of explanation can be found in the hadith of the Prophet for the hadith elaborate more about the verses. Tafseer by mere opinion is prohibited as what the Prophet said:

�Whoever explains the Quran with his opinion or with what he has no knowledge of, then let him assume his seat in the Fire.� � Tirmidhi, An-Nasai and Abu Dawud

Quran is for everyone, Muslim or not because it is the Word of our Creator and we are all His creation and we are all entitled to know what He commanded us.

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2008 at 5:57pm

You explained it very well sister. And that hadith was a great reminder. JazakiAllahu khair.

Beliver here is a link of Quran with tafseer. Hope and wish Allah swt, to guide you with it.

Click here -   tafsir 
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 9:05am

My question should have read- Do Quran only Muslims use the tafseer, commentaries?

Here is a big difference between Quran and Holy Bible.  To understand different passages we pray that the Holy Spirit enlighten us.  At different times of our life it is possible to gain different understanding of the very same verses and chapters, basically GOD gives us what we need at the time.  The Living Word of GOD

Have you ever heard that expression?  Does the Quran do this for Muslims?
John 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic