IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Introduction: Who am I?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Introduction  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introduction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zainab37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introduction
    Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:14pm
Greetings everyone.

I have been studying Islam and reading this site and a few others for almost 6 months now. I finally decided to register so I could participate in discussions with Mulsims as there aren't many around where I live (the closest Masjid is an hour away, and I have no car Confused)

I have thought about 'reverting' to Islam for a while now, but haven't taken the leap due to some personal issues (marriage is the biggest one). I hope to learn more by finally having the courage to register on the forum Smile

(PS. I'm female, since I notice a lot of people reference gender on the forum)
icforumadmin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icforumadmin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:32pm

Salam/Peace Sr. Zainab,

Welcome.

If you have private question you can also call IcImam 310-642-0006 x106, or email him at icimam [at] islamicity [dot] com

Anyway, enjoy your stay.

IcForum Admin

Edited by icforumadmin - 16 April 2008 at 4:34pm
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 6:58pm
Sister Zainab, we welcome you to the boards of discussion here at IC. And you been very special, as you are welcomed by IC Admin.

We refer to genders since we are tied up in brotherhood of Islam . This makes us more compatible with our members.

Can you tell us as why you have chosen your name to be Zainab ?  May Allah swt ease your path to revert soon.

Hope you enjoy your stay here and gain lots and lots of knowledge in Islam to implement it in our lives.

May Allah swt guide all of us. Ameen

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Zainab37 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zainab37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 7:40am
Thank you for the warm welcome :) I may consider calling the imam when I have a bit more courage to do so, which is a lil embarrassing to be honest.

seekshidayath:
I found that the alternate meaning of the name, a flowering bush, is the same meaning as my birth name, and I happen to have an affinity for the underutilized letters (Z, X, Q) so it seemed perfect.
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 5:44pm
That was good sister. But do you know, what a good name you have chosen ?
Zainab  {May Allah swt be pleased with her} was  one of the daughters of Prophet Muhammad { SAWS} . Zainab bint Khuzaima and Zainab bint Jahash, were wives of Prophet Muhammad , who are mother of all believers. Don't you now think how good name you have chosen ! Smile

May Allah swt grant you courage and ease your path.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 7:41pm
Here is the link of a thread that tells us more Zainab - daughter of Prophet. Hope it may help you , insha-Allah.

mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 7:37pm
Asalaamu alaikum sister Zainab:
Welcome, HugBeinvenidos and greeting in whatever language I can think of (it must be the increasing desert heat from where I live)
Please do stay with us a while, and if you think you are ready for the Shahada at any future point, please call Islamicity, they can guide you. They are a resource that I point the sisters in the local revert group to. It is one of the best resources on the web.
May Allah subanallah wa ta'ala guide you in  your learning and may you find the knowledge that you need and desire. Do remain open with your spouse sister, you never know when he may have a thought for change.
Looking forward to seeing you!
mariyah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
reon1on5 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reon1on5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2008 at 11:03am

Hello sister,

As usual, I am a little late to welcome you. As I read your words I remembered a sentence from one of the professors of the medical faculty: he said "embarrasment is one of the specialties which differentiates human from other living things." Embarrasment is something that gives honour to us actually. But unless it becomes an obstacle in front of the knowledge needed for our life... If the questions are necessary to avoid comitting a sin or to approach good, why not to ask them to authorized intellectual persons? Believe me nobody blames you for these as we all know that nothing can be hidden from Allah. But I underline the word authorized.

So welcome to the forum. We are ready to talk to you anytime as long as you want to share with us. Be sure that you are an encouraged lady. ClapThink how many people dare to think on the way they are living and decide to change it step by step sacrificing the comfort of being ordinary. I think you have just done it dear. So don't be afraid, go ahead, god is with you. I want to congratulate you by heart.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic