IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - tell me where I'm wrong  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tell me where I'm wrong

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb Ron Webb wrote:

Originally posted by Servetus Servetus wrote:

"The spokesman for the group replied, �concerning Jesus we can only say what our Prophet has taught us: Jesus is the servant and messenger of God, the spirit and word of God, whom God entrusted to the Virgin Mary.�"

"Virgin" Mary?  I didn't know that Muslims recognized the miracle of the virgin birth.  So who was Jesus' father? Confused

Jesus doesn't have a "father".  Allah said "BE" and Jesus was.  
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 4:43pm
3:59 The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.   (Al-Imran)
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 6:16pm
Ron:
Who was Dolly the sheep's father?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 13 April 2008 at 8:03pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

However you try to describe the Trinity, you are still taking three separate entities and making them equal to God.
Not separate entities.  The same entity, different manifestations.  If my analogy of family relationships was unclear, try thinking egg, larva, chrysalis, butterfly.
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

Ron:
Who was Dolly the sheep's father?
Genetically, Dolly had the same mother and father as the sheep from which she was cloned.  But Jesus could not have been a clone of Mary because they were different sexes.  Jesus must have got at least some of his DNA (e.g., his Y chromosome) from someone else, some man.
jusaskin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jusaskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 8:10pm

Serv,

what you were expecting from inter-faith dialogue?

As I stated earlier, I was interested in the everyday conversations between Muslims, and especially between Muslims and Christians, in a non-professional setting. One can always pick up the various Scriptures, books written about Islam and Christianity, or find any number of "learned" opinions on the subject, but I wanted to talk/listen to "real" Muslims. The idea was to get another point of view (or not).

We (grandson and I) have heard enough for now. Perhaps there may be questions later, but for now it's time to mull over what we have obtained.

But I think it's best said by Peter (I'll reference Peter since many Muslims disdain Paul) as he recalls an earlier revelation concerning Jesus (1 Peter, Chapter 2): "... it is contained in Scripture, behold, I lay in Zion a chief cornerstone, elect, precious; and he that believes on him shall not be put to shame.  For you therefore that believe is the preciousness, but for those who disbelieve, the stone which the builders rejected, the same was made the head of the corner, and a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense, for they stumble at the word, being disobedient, where unto also they were appointed."

joe
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 9:36pm
If Allah who could create Adam from clay, and Eve from Adam why would have problems making Jesus out of Mary?

Christian have some faith to talk about!

Why would Allah's word not take care of the chromosome/DNA issue?

Either you have the faith in the power of Allah's creation or your Roman / Greek mythological mentality towers above it!

Which is it? Can't have it both ways! Do you doubt the His dominion of creation?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 13 April 2008 at 9:45pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 2:47am
Auzubillahi Minash Shaitan ir Rajeem,
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Rahim

>For either a Christian or a Muslim to accept the other's understanding of one God requires them to deny their own faith.<

This is the most striking point I found in your above post. Absolutely. Accounts of some reverts from cristianity who I have read had a reason to disbelieve in their own faith.

Whenever we talk about faith, we should allow logic to take rest, and illumination of heart to preside over ... only then it is called belief or faith! What is percieved by mind is not always that which is necessarily settled in the heart ...

hope some of it makes sense.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic