IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Clarification needed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clarification needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 6:27pm
Bi ismillahir rahamnir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Arabian i was talking about who a muslim man can marry.

The One,

Quote What are the differences between a Sunni and a Shia?

Sunni: One who follows the Sunna (path of the prophet), therefore orthodox, or a non-Shi'ite Muslim.

The main difference is that Shia believe that only a decendend of the Prophet can hold leadership position or be a Khalif. Sunni's believe any person can provided he fulfills the basic requirments to be suitable for the position so the shia have rejected many people in power based on this point. Sunni comprise roughly 85% of the world Muslim population although Shia are the largest non Sunni group.

Quote What is the basis followed by you to consider a religion to be polytheistic or monotheistic? World has many religions and Quran talks only about Christianity and Judaism. It does not consider any of the East Asian religions like Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucism, Taoism, Shintoism etc. There are much older civilizations like the Chinese and the Indian, but does not talk about them. And you have to study them to find out whether they are polytheistic or monotheistic. Isn't it?

The Quran explains this best,

Say: He is Allah, the One
Allah, the eternally Besought of all!
He begetteth not nor was begotten
And there is none comparable unto Him
Quran:112

he has many atributes such as The All-Merciful, The All-Compassionate, The Source of Peace, The Creator, The Maker of Order, The Judge, The Satisfier of All Needs. Christianity Judaism and Islam as well as many other sub sects of chritianity and judaism believe in the same one god except teaching are different.

Allah has given us knowledge about many past religions and faiths older than Bhudism and many other religions of past,  He has sent  messengers and prophets to every single nation or people on earth in the past to guide them to the truth, but as time has gone on many of these teachings have either been lost, changed, the messenger was ignored or killed by his people or the people have simply died out.

This why you see truths in many of the older religions but the original message it self has not been entirely preserved properly and over time distorted delibretaly or lost and changed through translation. Some of our scholars after studying the teachings of older religions have said there is a real posability that  Budha and Confucious were in reality messengers from God but non of there original teachings have survived to this day uncorupted.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Arabian View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2005 at 7:11pm

The difference between Shia and Sunni narrows down to a political dispute.  Shia's believe that only the descendants of Muhammad can obtain the Caliphate and Sunni's believe anybody can obtain the Caliphate.  Why should you mingle yourself in such things, just consider yourself a Muslim, non-denominational.  Truly love Allah, his messenger and the family of Muhammad.  Love all humans, and love all that is good.

Peace,
Arabian

The One View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 12:25am
Hey Rami!

I know about that verse. Its no different from what we Hindus hold.

You said, "Allah has given us knowledge about many past religions and faiths older than Bhudism and many other religions of past, ..."

Can I know what He has exactly said. As far as I know, there is nothing written about the world religions. Please be specific.

I know that Muslim and Christian scholars are always sceptical about East Asian religions. Unlike the Abrahamic religions, East Asian religions have no quarrels with each other even though their may be differences and mostly fulfill each other. The main theme being "Reincarnation" or "Rebirth" which is strongly rejected in the Abrahamic religions. I wonder what is the basis of that rejection.

Aparichitudu
Arabian View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 9:37am
Aparichitudu,

I am studying the Quran and various Islamic works with the attempt to find proof of reincarnation in Islam.  I have run across a few verses that support it, but I am looking for more information before I post my findings.

I believe Sufi Islam supports reincarnation.

Peace,
Arabian
The One View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 7:49pm
Hey Arabian!

Thats interesting! Considering that Quran directly rejects the concept of reincarnation. As far as I know only Quran and Hadith are considered the true works.

I have read Quran, but couldn't find anything supporting reincarnation. I would be pleased to know about those verses that support reincarnation. This brings us closer.

Thank you.

Aparichitudu
modarjan View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modarjan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 10:42pm

Marriage is based on love, an eternal love of heart and soul and is in depth goes beyond the physical intimacy. It may start with initial physical attraction, but it gradually ascends into soul, reaching where the level of love is spiritual, unselfish, and caring. How can that be attained specially for a muslim woman, who knows that she is sinning in the intimate physical act, according to the faith she believes in. Bondage in marriage is emancipated in every aspect of living, thinking beyond self, always willing to sacrifice for each other and for family out of love. On the same token of love reaching that level, there are external forces, which could disturb that harmony. It is only my humble opinion, that believing in different faith is such factor. Think about it carefully! Who are the people in our daily life, in our extended families, our friends, our colleague, that we get along? People who click with us, meaning those, who have similar thinking as ours. We choose from among these groups of people to socialize with. Will, then, this same principle apply in our soul-mates too? Harmony in life is established and maintained with similar practice of faith, specially when you have children. For the well being of whole family to grow together soundly with physical, emotional and spiritual development, it is so very important that both parents believe in the same philosophy of life. Different set of philosophy and faith brings confusion in the development of minds of children. What is sacred in one religion, is all right to be consumed in the other or what is considered as God or image of God, is an idol worship in other. Please know, that I am just making a point regarding differences in practice of religious beliefs and not condemning any religious practice. My humble suggestion would be to search and study and analyze and talk about it with open mind of learning and knowing. A good example here is from consumer world that we live in.. You want to buy an outfit. If you buy from one shop, you will never know, if this one was the best in terms of color, design, price etc. but if you shop around, you will have that satisfaction, that you bought the best. Religion is important part of life. It is essential for our spiritual being. Without religion, we cater to only our physical existence of flesh and blood. So search for the one which appeals to your conscious mind. Analyze,discuss and compare notes and thoughts, strengths and weaknesses in your faiths and then choose one as partners in life and eternity. May The Most Merciful Almighty God lead you to the right path, God willing! I will share experiences of family and friends in that relation, if I get positive and open response from you. Modar

Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 12:03am

The One,

Hello, would you be willing to convert? Or at least look at your beloved's religion? Let her tell you all about it

Maybe that will help you understand her better and yourself.

Lameese

You Shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another and let it be a moving sea between the the shores of your soul
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 8:03am

Originally posted by The One The One wrote:

Hey Arabian!

Thats interesting! Considering that Quran directly rejects the concept of reincarnation. As far as I know only Quran and Hadith are considered the true works.

I have read Quran, but couldn't find anything supporting reincarnation. I would be pleased to know about those verses that support reincarnation. This brings us closer.

Thank you.

Aparichitudu

Though, I don't know about Quran, but can you point out the source of incarnation in hinduism? I mean, which Veda originally presented the idea of incarnation or rebirth? What I know from Quran is that when we all die, we would remain dead in our graves, untill the day of Judgement when we all be called alive to account for our actions and deeds done in our lives on earth. So, the concept of rebirth is little different, I think, from your ideas of rebirth in the form of reincarnation. But again, I shall appreciate it if you can point out its source of information, e.g. Vedas, or Mahabaratta or other epics etc. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic