IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Clarification needed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clarification needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clarification needed
    Posted: 16 June 2005 at 2:11am
Hello everyone!

I am a Hindu from India going to marry Muslim woman. Our marriage, though not accepted by the Islamic Law, is accepted by the Law of the land.

My question is, will my would be cease to be a Muslim if she marries me? If not what will she be considered for marrying a non-Muslim? I have no objection towards her Faith.

Thank you.
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 3:54am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

Her marriage will not be valid under islamic law, she would be living in sin if she goes through with the marriage.

There is no excemunication in islam she would still be considered a muslim only one who is commiting a great sin.

Quote I have no objection towards her Faith.

have you decided what faith the children will be?

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
The One View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 5:23am
Hello Rami!

Can I know why the marriage is considered a great sin? Does that mean she will go to hell?

About our children, its their wish about the Faith. No compulsion about it.

Thank you.
hkrespect View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hkrespect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 8:13am

i am sorry but a muslim woman cannot be married to a non muslim man, it invalidates the shahada.

she ceases to be muslim

why did the prophet pbuh request his daughters be returned to him pbuh.

hk
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 8:35am

Assalamu alaikum,

hkrespect: marrying a non-Muslim man does not invalidate the shahada anymore than commiting any other sin.  You cannot tell someone they are not Muslim for sinning, judgement is Allah's alone.

In your scenario, any Muslim who gambles, eats pork, drinks alcohol, commits adultery, fails to say five daily salat, mingles with members of the opposite sex, doesn't fast in Ramadhan, doesn't wear proper hijab, and so on and so on... is no longer Muslim.  That is ludicrous.

Only Allah can judge.  Allah is oft forgiving, Most Merciful.  A sinner is simply a sinner.  Sin, with the exception of shirk, does not invalidate anyone's shahada.  And even then, only Allah can judge.

If this Muslim woman marries The One, she will be sinning, but she will still be a Muslim.  Allah will weigh her good deeds against her bad deeds on the judgement day.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 9:04am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

how does commiting a sin ivalidate what you believe to be true, faith is in the heart read the ahadith about allahs mercy if you go to him with sins as high as the sky and not commit the one thing unforgivable shirk he will forgive you. Saying it invalidates the shahada is the beliefe of the Khawarij, so we should be careful that our beliefe is correct.

He requested it becouse the marriage is no longer valid and the would be living in sin.

The One a muslim women can not marry a non muslim man, Allah has decreed against it that is why it is a sin.

I dont know if she will go to hell, if Allah forgives her than no. Our deeds are weighed on the day of judgment those whose sins number more than there good deeds will go to hell. No muslim will stay in hell for ever it is only a punishment not an eternal destination.

Edited by rami
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
Lameese View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lameese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 9:31am

Hmmmm if the man were Muslim and the woman were Hindu could he marry her then?

Lameese

You Shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
Love one another and let it be a moving sea between the the shores of your soul
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ummziba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 9:59am

Assalamu alaikum,

No, a Muslim man cannot marry a Hindu.  He can only marry a Muslim or a practicing woman from the people of the book (Christian, Jew) who believes in and worships the One God.  That pretty much narrows the field to Muslims only.

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic