IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Clarification needed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clarification needed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ZamanH View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZamanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clarification needed
    Posted: 08 July 2005 at 9:30pm
This should be seen as example to all the Muslims who let their daughters freely interact with men and allow them to move around without restrictions and send them for education to co-educational instituitions. Their daughters might also begin a relationship with someone and elope with their lovers.
An enemy of an enemy is a fickle friend.
There will be more women in hell than men.
..for persecution is worse than the slaughter of the enemy..(Quran 2:191)
Heaven lies under mother's feet
Khadija1021 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2005 at 8:04pm

The One,

I'm still waiting on the response you promised me.

PAZ

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
FeistyNomad View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FeistyNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 5:22pm

If I'm going to have my posts deleted, can one of the moderators kindly tell me what rule/s I breached?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2005 at 8:38am

Salam The One,

Thank you, I am patiently waiting your response.

PAZ

Say: 'My prayer and my rites, my living and my dying, are for Allah alone, the Lord of all the worlds. (Qur'an, 6:162)
The One View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 9:25am

Salam Khadhija!

I apologize for not reading the post in other discussion forum. I will read both the posts thoroughly and would reply you promptly.

Aparichithudu.

The One View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 9:24am

Salam to Safwanwaddoul!

Thank you for your concern. I know the custom followed in a Muslim family. But its a custom, not an edict from God.

Aparichithudu.

The One View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2005 at 9:20am

Salam walaikum to Zaman!

Hindus are not very serious about religion and very few Hindus  marry Muslims.

I find it to be a sweeping statement.  You cannot generalize that all Hindus are not serious about religion. Very few Muslims stay in the Southern part of India and I think you are from South India(considering you don't know much of Urdu). And what you see everywhere in India is very degenerated form of Hinduism which has more emphasis on rituals than the required part. I agree few Hindus marry Muslims with respect to Shariah. But there are many inter-religious marriages in every state of India.

The Arabic Quran when translated to English, gives similar statements as you pointed out from the websites. As far as my knowledge is concerned women should not be married to a non-believer or one who submits to others(other than Allah). But why is it generalised to only Muslims?

Your brother,

Aparichithudu.

Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Khadija1021 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 2:58pm

Salam,

The One, I made a reply to your discussion about non-Muslims marrying Muslim woman on the other thread where you originally started your post.  I was going to repost it here but it is quite lengthy and I did not want to be disrespectful to those that may have already read it on the other thread. 

After reading all of the discussion on this thread, it appears that maybe you are looking for others to tell you that this marriage is okay.  I say this because you have repeatedly rejected what others on this thread have been telling you and you said yourself that you are waiting for a Muslim from India to replay to your posts because he/she would better understand your position.  Truth does not come about in numbers.  So, even if you can find 1,000,000 Indian Muslims who agree with you, it doesn�t make marrying her right according to Allah (swt).  Allah (swt) is the one who made the laws.  We are commanded to follow those laws, to not deviate from them and not to make innovations to them.

I want to point out a difference between Hinduism and Islam which I don�t think has been mentioned yet.  You keep saying that you only believe in �one god.�  So, let�s take a look at that.  I understand that according to your faith, there is one god and that all of the other deities are mere attributes of the one god.  For those who have a hard time grasping this concept, picture a prism with light shining through it from which a multitude of colors appear.  According the Hindu faith, each of those colors is merely an attribute of the one god; hence, worship of any or all of these attributes is simply considered worship of the one god.  So, these deities (attributes of the one god) are used as conduits for the devotee�s consciousness.  Actually, what you get in Hinduism is one god with everything in the universe as a manifestation of that one god�even humans are a mere manifestation of god.  So, the goal of humans is to try to find their way back to the oneness of existence, i.e., god. 

According to Hinduism, seeking god is equivalent to seeking �self actualization.�  If one reaches this stage, when he/she dies in this life, they will return to the oneness with god and not be reborn; however, if they fall short, then they are reborn to try again.  Given this understanding of Hinduism, it is best not to call it a polytheist religion but rather a pantheist religion, one where all of existence is merely a manifestation of god.  If we see Hinduism in this light, which I believe is basically the true (even if I have made it brief) meaning of Hinduism, we can clearly see that even if we are justified in classifying Hinduism as a �monistic� religion, it is definitely not the same monotheistic religion that we find in Islam.  In Islam, we acknowledge that Allah (swt) created all things; however, we don�t then turn around and say that a cow is Allah (swt) or that a tree is Allah (swt).  Allah (swt) gives us signs through nature, not that He is nature.  In other words, we don�t believe in pantheism, that is, there is a clear distinction between Allah (swt) and His servants.

Another major difference between Hinduism and Islam is in the concept of death.  It is clear in the Qur�an that when we die, we remain in the grave until we are called back on the Day of Judgment when we are brought in front of Allah (swt) to answer for our sins.  (The only exception to this described in the Qur�an are those that Allah (swt) took straight up into paradise prior to death, e.g., Jesus (pbuh).)  On the Day of Judgment, one of three things will happen to us:  1.)  Allah (swt) can have great mercy on us and allow us directly into paradise, 2.) He can send us to hell to taste the fires for the sins we have committed and then allow us to enter paradise, or 3.) He will submit us to the fires of hell for eternity.  It is also clear in the Qur�an that there will be those that will cry out to Allah (swt) to be given a change to be reborn so that they can follow His will upon their return; however, He will not allow this.  So, in Islam, there is cry for reincarnation but not an allowance for it.  In other words, you don�t get to live the kind of life you personally chose to live and then when you face Allah (swt) request another go at it.  The opposite seems to be the case with Hinduism.  According to the Hindu faith, if a person fails to find �self actualization� in this life, he/she is automatically made to be reborn to try again and again until he/she gets it right.  And if he/she doesn�t get it right, he/she is destined to be reincarnated for an eternity.  That in itself is contradictory to Islam.  Muslims are promised a Day of Judgment, an end to this world for all of mankind. 

Also, what is this �self-actualization� for Hindus?  What if they reach it?  What does it mean?  It means that they then becomes one with god and do not have to come back to earth to suffer any of the hardships here.  There is no paradise.  This also is a far from what was promised to Muslims by Allah (swt) in the Qur�an.

So, The One, even if we concede to your statement that Hinduism is a monistic religion, you still need to prove that it is the type of monistic faith that is set forth in the Qur�an.  But since that is clearly not the case, there is no more reason for you to argue that you can marry this Muslim sister based up the fact that Hinduism is also monistic faith.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic