IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslims definition of  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslims definition of

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
Author
Senior  Member
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mansoor_ali Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2008 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Do you only take literal understandings from prophecy?  Do you read the Quran only literally?

We do call Jesus Emmanuel.  It is the prediction of the fact that we call Jesus Emmanuel.  Are you thinking that Mary should have called Jesus all these names?  LOL!  Can you imagine Mary calling Him home as a young boy for supper?

Yes I have already mentioned to you - it is another interpretation of the Holy Scripture.

Response to believer

Not all the christians believe that Isaiah 7:14 is a proof of divinity of christ.
 click here and see it.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2008 at 5:19pm
believer,
my friend you did not address what I wrote.  Its not about different interpretation rather mis-interpretation.
Chritians changed the whole meaning by altering the text, here is how.
In the Jewish Bible it says that, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father called his name 'the prince of peace'

In the Christian Bibles its changed to, ' and his name will be called, wounderful councelor, mighty God, everlsting Father, prince of peace.'

Now note in shuffling of the words, Jesus is to be also "everlasting Father" and that's even a new one for me.

So you see, interpretation in fact is mis-interpretation.

Hasan 

Edited by honeto - 03 December 2008 at 5:23pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 6:14am
LOL!!  We will continue to disagree on this, there are just as many scholars that support my claims, as support your claims. 

I found a literal translation of the verse I first questioned and started another thread on it.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2009 at 6:22pm

LOL!!  We will continue to disagree on this, there are just as many scholars that support my claims, as support your claims. 

I found a literal translation of the verse I first questioned and started another thread on it.

beleiver,
its not about aguing, its about two completely different things.
The Jewish Bible is saying that ...God will call his name prince of peace.
While the Chrsitian took a different turn by saying ......and he will be called ... Mighty God, everlasting father, prince of peace.

Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2009 at 6:15am

So when do you figure a man call Mr. Prince of Peace will be born?

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 2:22am

So when do you figure a man call Mr. Prince of Peace will be born?

Another meaning for Islam is PEACE. Who brought Islam to this world from God AlMighty? The answer is obvious. Muhammad ibn Abdullah.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 12:51pm
LOL!!  Nur-  But according to honeto the name must be literally Prince of Peace.  My understainding is that Mohammad means praiseworthy!

Actually Islam means submission.
John 3
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2009 at 6:09am

LOL!!  Nur-  But according to honeto the name must be literally Prince of Peace.  My understainding is that Mohammad means praiseworthy!

Actually Islam means submission.

I. The Meaning of Islam
Islam is derived from the Arabic root "Salema": peace, purity, submission and obedience. In the religious sense, Islam means submission to the will of God and obedience to His law.

Everything and every phenomenon in the world other than man is administered totally by God-made laws, ie. they are obedient to God and submissive to his laws, they are in the State of Islam. Man possesses the qualities of intelligence and choice, thus he is invited to submit to the good will of God and obey His law, ie, become a Muslim.

Submission to the good will of God, together with obedience to His beneficial Law, ie, becoming a Muslim, is the best safeguard for man's peace and harmony.

Islam dates back to the age of Adam and its message has been conveyed to man by God's prophets and messengers, including Abrahim, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

Islam's message has been restored and enforced in the last stage of the religious evolution by God's last prophet and messenger, Muhammad.

The word Allah in the Arabic language means God, or more accurately, The One and Only Eternal God, Creator of the Universe, Lord of all lords, King of all kings, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful. The word Allah to mean God is also used by Arabic speaking Jews and Christians.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
  Share Topic