IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Two types of unity?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two types of unity?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2008 at 12:57pm
The website

is a great site.  When you are ready it will open up the truth of what Christians believe.

YES, GOD's manifestations, Father, Son and Holy Spirit have been revealed to many.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 12:57am

Believer: Past, present, and future -- all three of them are equal components that make up time 

If you would like to present an example, then the example should justifiably show what to want to say. The concept of time has been the matter of long discussion and will be. In fact you can not even apply this definition to time. I can say the time (you are talking about) is a quantity which is scaled and measured from movement. So the movement makes up time and the time makes up past, present and future. On the other hand, past- present and future are apparently not equal components.

Believer: �Which is more powerful?  Actually dpends on the person- Are you stuck in the past, look to the future, think only of the present.�

Another contradiction!! Your ideology commits numerous contradictions. From one side you say past, present and future are equal components and from the other side you say their power depend on what people think of them. The more you stick to this doctrine the more you have to commit contradictions.

Edited by myahya - 14 April 2008 at 9:48am
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 4:49pm

LOL!!  There are no contradictions..  You guys are a hoot.  

LOL!  There are all kinds of examples in our world.  I bet if you actually thought about it you could come up with an example too. 

I think the problem may be that if a Muslim says, ok I understand what you are saying, but I don't believe that GOD manifests in that way is that Islam will fails.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2008 at 5:00pm

believer,

to you be yours and to us is our belief. For us God does not come in the shape of a man, elephant or a monkey. Those are his creations not his manfestations.
Hasan
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 12:33am
Beleiver, I am not sure if I understand what you mean by �manifestation�. If manifestation means what I know in Arabic �Aayah�, then everything in worlds is a manifestation of Allah (swt) which may show some of His attributes and abilities according to His will. However, manifestation doesn�t mean that an existence can take part in Allah (swt) so that without that particular existence He misses a thing or changes or becomes divided and so on.
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 1:28am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

husband and wife in a marriage, both are people, both hpoefully have equal duties in the family, yet there has to be a head of the household.

Perhaps that head is the woman, if you are not a muslim Confused since you made fun of Israfi's statement ... interesting comments!!
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 1:42am
Auzubillahi Minash Shaitan ir Rajeem,
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Rahim,

Why should one confine their Illah into an equation?

He is the creator and we the created.  Everything other than Him is created, then how is it possible that He and something from His creation can become one, in unity - nauzubillah!!

Then, jesus (alihe salam) went to hell for the attonment of the sins of mankind -- do you beleive in this too? if so, then according to your equation, a portion of God was cast in hellfire - is that true?

Jesus (alaihe salam) also died on the cross - was resurrected. What god would *die* and will be * resurrected **
Perhaps I am mixing some sectarian beliefs withing christianity - you know better than I do.

PS: Israfil, in a long time, saw some very good posts from you. Jazak Allahu Khair.

<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2008 at 4:43pm
Nausheen- You don't have to believe it if you don't want to.  I am saying though that GOD is all powerful and capable of doing such.  God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, One True GOD.

1 Peter 3

18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

18For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 

19By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
John 3
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 12>
  Share Topic