IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Two types of unity?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two types of unity?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 10:06am
Originally posted by _ALI_ _ALI_ wrote:

I wonder why Christians say there are three Gods, when the Bible says

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.  (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4)"

It is funny that Jesus Christ never said trinity or talked about trinity. Instead when asked which was the most important commandment, he said

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.  (From the NIV Bible, Mark 12:29)"

Notice also how Jesus said "our God", which included him to be under GOD Almighty's creation and Divine Authority, and not someone or an entity that is equal to GOD Almighty.

The Bible's New Testament also records Jesus saying: ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good�except God alone."   (From the NIV Bible, Mark 10:18)"

If Jesus doesn't consider himself as "good", then how can any sane person put him on the same level as GOD Almighty?  

Because they do not believe the word of the prophets or of God found in the Bible, thus they are in fact anti christian as they do not except what Jesus said!
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

LOL!!  I'll set my foundation on the Bible anyday.

I know you will not understand this but I will give it a try.  The crucifixion is not a parable- story.  GOD would be lying if, in the 4 accounts of eyewitnesses to the true event, He allowed only His words to tell what happened.  GOD chose real people to eyewitness this account. 

Now if Uthmann had his way with the Bible he would have burned all but one of the accounts!!!  Uthmann did a great disservice to Islam, Allah, the Quran when he burned the varying Qurans.

But the four accounts are not eyewitness accounts.... No one really knows who wrote the four Gospels and modern theologians and Bible scholars who have studied the remaining hand written copies agree that the authors cannot be verified.

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2008 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.  (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4)"

It is funny that Jesus Christ never said trinity or talked about trinity. Instead when asked which was the most important commandment, he said

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.  (From the NIV Bible, Mark 12:29)"

Notice also how Jesus said "our God", which included him to be under GOD Almighty's creation and Divine Authority, and not someone or an entity that is equal to GOD Almighty.

The Bible's New Testament also records Jesus saying: ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good�except God alone."   (From the NIV Bible, Mark 10:18)"

If Jesus doesn't consider himself as "good", then how can any sane person put him on the same level as GOD Almighty?  

Because they do not believe the word of the prophets or of God found in the Bible, thus they are in fact anti christian as they do not except what Jesus said!

Robin,
you are probably one of those God fearing Christians mentioned in the Quran, since you do not set others beside God as partners in godhead.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 23 May 2008 at 6:55pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 1:07am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Hi believer,

you wrote, "We believe that the the Father, Son and Holy Spirit together are GOD.  NOTHING is equal to GOD!"

believer now you are a bit carefull with your words which is good. And I am glad to hear from you that nothing is equal to God, you are on the right path.

Now as far as your insistance that Jesus (pbuh) is part of God in trinity, you are mistaken. I remember you said once that the three parts of trinity are equal in power, and I showed you the quote where Jesus declared that Father is greater than him. Thus we know that they are not equal.

Than I showed you with the Bible quote that Jesus has a God, to whom he said he is returning, when he said "I am returning to my God and your God" Is there any thing clearer than that to tell you that to whom you are associating in godhead, is actually saying that he has a God, while you are making him a part of God.

So here we go again, I cannot understand how you  deny that.

Hasan

Jesus NOT equal ti God according to the bible:-

Philippians 2:5-6
Keep this mental attitude in YOU that was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although he was existing in God�s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 1:09am
Originally posted by honeto honeto wrote:

Originally posted by robin robin wrote:

Robin,
you are probably one of those God fearing Christians mentioned in the Quran, since you do not set others beside God as partners in godhead.
Hasan

That is what the Bible has always said.
robin View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2008 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

But the four accounts are not eyewitness accounts.... No one really knows who wrote the four Gospels and modern theologians and Bible scholars who have studied the remaining hand written copies agree that the authors cannot be verified.

Matthew               Matthew                                  c. 41 C.E.               

1Thessalonians    Paul                                         c. 50 C.E.

2Thessalonians    Paul                                         c. 51 C.E.

Galatians             Paul                                         c. 50-52 C.E.

Luke                    Luke                                        c. 56-58 C.E.

Romans               Paul                                         c. 56 C.E.               

1 Corinthians        Paul                                         c. 55 C.E.

2 Corinthians        Paul                                         c. 55 C.E.

Ephesians           Paul                                         c. 60-61 C.E.

Philippians           Paul                                         c. 60-61 C.E.

Colossians           Paul                                         c. 60-61 C.E.

Philemon              Paul                                         c. 60-61 C.E.

Mark                    Mark                                        c. 60-65 C.E.

Hebrews               Paul                                         c. 61 C.E.

Acts                     Luke                                        c. 61 C.E.               

1 Timothy             Paul                                         c. 61-64 C.E.

Titus                    Paul                                         c. 61-64 C.E.

James                 James     (Jesus'  Brother)    b. 62 C.E.

1 Peter                Peter                                       c. 62-64 C.E.

2 Peter                Peter                                       c. 64 C.E.

2 Timothy            Paul                                         c. 65 C.E.

Jude                    Jude        (Jesus'  Brother)    c. 65 C.E.

Revelation            John                                       c. 96 C.E.

John                    John                                       c. 98 C.E.

1 John                 John                                       c. 98 C.E.

2 John                 John                                       c. 98 C.E.

3 John                 John                                       c. 98 C.E.

a. = after                                  b. = before                              c. = about

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2008 at 11:02am
LOL!!  robin and I have a very different view of Chrisitanity.  Do not be hopeful that robin's belief is closer to Islam then mine.

robin please correct me if I am wrong.

We know Jesus was crucified.  Jesus was on earth under the authority of GOD.  A gift of love to us from GOD for our salvation.  Jesus' death attones for our sins.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 6:13pm
believer,
we will let Robin answer for herself, let me say this though that Robin (as far as I understand so far) does not worship Jesus besides God or as God like you do. Thus she does not associate partners beside God in godhead. Thus she does not commit that one unforgiveable sin (also mentioned in the Bible as such) of blasphemy agaisnt God. Thus closer to us than you, if not the same.
God knows best what is in each one of us' heart.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 27 May 2008 at 6:14pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic