IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Two types of unity?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Two types of unity?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Two types of unity?
    Posted: 27 March 2008 at 11:12am

Muslims say Allah's unity is one single being.  How can unity be one being?  One is a just that a single static being.   

Unity implies more then one, one in union with something else?

Christians know that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit work only in complete Unity!! 

Jesus does not do what God does not will.  A perfect example of what unity is.  Tha Father, Son and Holy Spirit in a dynamic union as One True GOD.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 1:48pm

That would also mean that your god (church god) is composed of some smaller units. Is that so?? Those units are working well in Unison and as such they are in Unity?? Your god is in parts and parcels working in unity?? What could be the meaning of things that you have just proposed??

_ALI_ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _ALI_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 12:09am

I wonder why Christians say there are three Gods, when the Bible says

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.  (From the NIV Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4)"

It is funny that Jesus Christ never said trinity or talked about trinity. Instead when asked which was the most important commandment, he said

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.  (From the NIV Bible, Mark 12:29)"

Notice also how Jesus said "our God", which included him to be under GOD Almighty's creation and Divine Authority, and not someone or an entity that is equal to GOD Almighty.

The Bible's New Testament also records Jesus saying: ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good�except God alone."   (From the NIV Bible, Mark 10:18)"

If Jesus doesn't consider himself as "good", then how can any sane person put him on the same level as GOD Almighty?  

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 6:54am

LOL!  ali- I have been proclaiming over and over that Christians believe in One True GOD.  Not 3 gods.

LOL!  All know that Jesus is good.  Jesus is asking the man WHY? he thinks Jesus is good.  Jesus is eguating Himself with GOD.  Jesus does not work on His own but through the Father, because all are one. 

No, the word Trinity is not a word used in the Bible.  The concept of the Father, Holy Spirit and Son working together as One True GOD is.

Yes we sing praises to all the "units" of GOD but, Chrisitans do not worship the "units" [manifestations] separatly, but as the One True UNITY that is YHWH.

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
layalee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote layalee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 9:37pm

Main Entry:
uni�ty
Pronunciation:
\ˈy�-nə-t�\
Function:
noun
Inflected Form(s):
plural uni�ties
Etymology:
Middle English unite, from Anglo-French unit�, from Latin unitat-, unitas, from unus one � more at one
Date:
14th century
1 a: the quality or state of not being multiple : oneness b (1): a definite amount taken as one or for which 1 is made to stand in calculation

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 10:37pm

Believer said:

Muslims say Allah's unity is one single being.  How can unity be one being?  One is a just that a single static being. 

I don't understand this. What Muslims are you referring to?

Perhaps you are misunderstanding the principle of God's attributes with respect to God. If this is so we therefore can conclude that God's attributes are not apart from God, but are God. Also, each attribute corresponds, in unisoon, with other attributes but this is more along the lines of metaphysics and even y explanation may not be any more clear than yours but you (believer) need to define your statements more clearly.

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 11:16am

That is truly what it sounds like to my ears, Allah is one period, confined.  To me the attirbutes are simply emotions of Allah- loving, kind, etc. 

Are you saying there is more to the attributes then just emotions, personality?  Is it similar to when a person has split personalities?

I believe that GOD is ONE and the Father, Son and Holy Spirit can not be apart from the will of GOD, they work in unity.  If GOD does not will it, there is no action.

John 3
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Unity implies more then one, one in union with something else?

Christians know that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit work only in complete Unity!! 

Jesus does not do what God does not will.  A perfect example of what unity is.  Tha Father, Son and Holy Spirit in a dynamic union as One True GOD.

Hi beliver,

you  presented a classic example of wrongly speaking on someone else's behalf. Associating us, the Muslim with something we are unaware of and then using it just to prove your point. I know its a practice of many who don't really believe even in what they claim as their practice shows otherwise. But I assume with your name " believer" ??? you really didn't mean it?

Stand up to your name, no we Muslim don't use term " Allah's unity", you are mistaken. Its " Allah's Oneness" rather that we believe and preach, no buts no ifs, pure and simple.

Have you forgotten previous posts where you admitted that God (father) is Greater than Jesus, when I quoted this verse from the Bible: John 14:28  (Jesus puh) is quoted saying,"..for the Father is Greater than I"

Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic