IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Americas
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - So? ... A Note from Michael Moore  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So? ... A Note from Michael Moore

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murabit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So? ... A Note from Michael Moore
    Posted: 25 March 2008 at 6:44am
So? ... A Note from Michael Moore

Monday, March 24th, 2008

Friends,

It would have to happen on Easter Sunday, wouldn't it, that the 4,000th American soldier would die in Iraq. Play me that crazy preacher again, will you, about how maybe God, in all his infinite wisdom, may not exactly be blessing America these days. Is anyone surprised?

4,000 dead. Unofficial estimates are that there may be up to 100,000 wounded, injured, or mentally ruined by this war. And there could be up to a million Iraqi dead. We will pay the consequences of this for a long, long time. God will keep blessing America.

And where is Darth Vader in all this? A reporter from ABC News this week told Dick Cheney, in regards to Iraq, "two-thirds of Americans say it's not worth fighting." Cheney cut her off with a one word answer: "So?"

"So?" As in, "So what?" As in, "F*** you. I could care less."

I would like every American to see Cheney flip the virtual bird at the them, the American people. Click here and pass it around. Then ask yourself why we haven't risen up and thrown him and his puppet out of the White House.

The Democrats have had the power to literally pull the plug on this war for the past 15 months -- and they have refused to do so. What are we to do about that? Continue to sink into our despair? Or get creative? Real creative. I know there are many of you reading this who have the chutzpah and ingenuity to confront your local congressperson. Will you? For me?

Cheney spent Wednesday, the 5th anniversary of the war, not mourning the dead he killed, but fishing off the Sultan of Oman's royal yacht. So? Ask your favorite Republican what they think of that.

The Founding Fathers would never have uttered the presumptuous words, "God Bless America." That, to them, sounded like a command instead of a request, and one doesn't command God, even if they are America. In fact, they were worried God would punish America. During the Revolutionary War, George Washington feared that God would react unfavorably against his soldiers for the way they were behaving. John Adams wondered if God might punish America and cause it to lose the war, just to prove His point that America was not worthy. They and the others believed it would be arrogant on their part to assume that God would single out America for a blessing. What a long road we have traveled since then.

I see that Frontline on PBS this week has a documentary called "Bush's War." That's what I've been calling it for a long time. It's not the "Iraq War." Iraq did nothing. Iraq didn't plan 9/11. It didn't have weapons of mass destruction. It DID have movie theaters and bars and women wearing what they wanted and a significant Christian population and one of the few Arab capitals with an open synagogue.

But that's all gone now. Show a movie and you'll be shot in the head. Over a hundred women have been randomly executed for not wearing a scarf. I'm happy, as a blessed American, that I had a hand in all this. I just paid my taxes, so that means I helped to pay for this freedom we've brought to Baghdad. So? Will God bless me?

God bless all of you in this Easter Week as we begin the 6th year of Bush's War.

God help America. Please.

Michael Moore
[email protected]
MichaelMoore.com
"I am a slave. I eat as a slave eats and I sit as a slave sits.", Beloved, sallallahu alyhi wa-sallam.
UmmFatima View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmFatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2010 at 7:19am
God just might punish America...

But which country is innocent these days?
�Our Lord! Grant us comfort in our spouses and descendants, and make us leaders of the God-fearing.� -Al-Furqan 74
Steve Guthridge View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Guthridge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 7:00pm

Michael Moore is a deceptive promoter of his own agenda. Based upon propaganda, his �documentaries� lack creditability and generally preach to the already converted.

I pray that the World does not perceive The United States of America through Michael Moore�s eyes.

Steve G
Pati View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2010 at 11:34pm
Originally posted by Steve Guthridge Steve Guthridge wrote:

Michael Moore is a deceptive promoter of his own agenda. Based upon propaganda, his �documentaries� lack creditability and generally preach to the already converted.

I pray that the World does not perceive The United States of America through Michael Moore�s eyes.

Steve G

I totally agree with you.

Michael Moore is just looking for fame and money, and having a really extremist thinking. Come on, he is defending Fidel Castro in Cuba and Hugo Chavez in Venezuela!!! Everyone knows they are dictators, and he is supporting them, so...

I would never take him seriously.

Regards
Patricia
No God wants the killing, but the peace.
The weapons are carried by people, not by religions.
Lalli36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lalli36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2011 at 10:39am
Hello!
I know that this is a rather old subject, but I still feel I should post my two cents given the fact that the last comment speaks of my country.

"...he is defending Fidel Castro in Cuba and Hugo Chavez in Venezuela!!! Everyone knows they are dictators"

Please be careful to make generalizations. I am a Venezuelan citizen and it is a common misconception that Chavez is a dictator, although I totally get why many would think so. I am not a supporter by any means but we have been having fair elections for a very long time now. Chavez in power because the educated have abandoned their country for the states, leaving the vast, vast majority of the country full of Chavez's supporters.

Bottom line, hundreds of forgotten towns have just received their first systems of running water and electricity thanks to the "dictator." Indigenous populations are now represented in government. The country is regaining it's identity. No wonder they vote for him.

Another positive is that now, the formerly marginalized poor are standing up for themselves and voting. Venezuela has one of the highest percentage of active voters anywhere.

Respectfully, I urge everyone to not automatically believe what Fox news tells us. Smile I don't speak for Cuba because I haven't been there.

Lalli
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic