IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus’ new commandment  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus� new commandment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
Author
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 2:19am
"Shasta- HOW?  How would you have done it in a better way?  correct way?"

Well, I can't speak from experience,  but if I were who you claim Jesus to be, I would proclaim it so that all would know my mission. You know, like all of the Prophets and Messengers have done, except apparently Jesus who kept his true identity and mission a secret.

You know, Noah built a huge ark and warned everyone that the flood was coming. Moses gave Pharoah and the Egyptians numerous chances to free the Jews and go in peace.  Lot went into Sodom and Gamorrah and searched for any righteous people in order to save the cities from God's wrath.  Etc....

All of the Prophets and Messengers of God made it quite clear who they were and what their message was. They told anyone and everyone, didn't matter if they were believed or how much they were persecuted.  Because God told them to do so.

Yet God incarnate, comes to earth on the most important quest of all, to save all of mankind, and just doesn't tell anybody.  Is so secretive that 2000 years after his "death" people still can't agree on what happened. Even the Gospels, the story of his own life, are contradictary. 

�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

Because God told them to do so.

and yet here lies the issue, God told them so but obviously it was different when it came to Jesus, God did things different. And to ask why God did so, is one that you need to propose to God. Smile

You saying that what was done before had to keep continuing. But if God had a plan and he did, then God carried it out.

Quote Yet God incarnate, comes to earth on the most important quest of all, to save all of mankind, and just doesn't tell anybody.  Is so secretive that 2000 years after his "death" people still can't agree on what happened. Even the Gospels, the story of his own life, are contradictary. 

Perhaps God had his reasons for not telling everybody.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 8:37pm
You know you can keep on asking these types of questions but there is no real answer. That's life. Everyone has there record. Just because it doesn't match the other doesn't make it any less truthful.

As said, I do have my own beliefs.

Edited by Angel - 17 April 2008 at 8:39pm
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 11:52pm
"Perhaps God had his reasons for not telling everybody."

Perhaps, but if the purpose was the salvation of all of mankind through the acceptance of Jesus as the Lord God, then it should have been made clear.  Otherwise what was the point?

Edited by Shasta'sAunt - 17 April 2008 at 11:57pm
Eleanor Roosevelt
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 5:18am
Shasta' aunt- maybe at your life's end you will understand and accept.  It does not matter if you don't accept until the end.

I am not sure about the contradictions you mention.  Jesus was crucified.

LOL!! honeto- Jesus incarnate in human form born of a woman-is SON, one of the manifestations of GOD.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

You know you can keep on asking these types of questions but there is no real answer. That's life. Everyone has there record. Just because it doesn't match the other doesn't make it any less truthful.

As said, I do have my own beliefs.
Hi Angel,
if something is unclear to us and we are unsure about it, we are told in Islam to not to follow and pursue it, since there is a chance we may fall in error.  Thus we are commanded only to pursue what is made clear to us by God himself.
Hasan

Edited by honeto - 19 April 2008 at 6:02pm
The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2008 at 8:18pm

Did God send the Messengers, Prophets, and His Word as a guidance to all of mankind?

If you answer yes to this then you must ask yourself, why?   Personally I assume it was because God wanted mankind to follow His Word and be righteous. God has told us very clearly that those who follow His Word and guidance will be rewarded with paradise, or heaven, if you will. He has also told us very clearly that those who do not follow His Word and guidance will be punished.

Since this is the only criterion that God has set up for us, then I also personally assume that is why God sent us so many Messengers and Prophets, Holy Writs, and clear signs of His existence. How else would we know what to follow to either please Him or reject Him.

So, how can it be that God would expect us to follow His Word, yet keep that Word a secret?  We cannot follow something we do not know. If this is the case, then how can we be judged by this criterion?  How can we be punished for something that was kept secret or not made extremely clear?

I think that God wants us to be righteous and follow His Word. I think that throughout time God has sent various Messengers and Prophets and Holy Writs to guarantee that mankind would understand what He expected of us, and make very clear what would happen if we did not follow what was expected of us.  

So how can it be that our only source of salvation, accepting Jesus as Lord, would be kept a secret from us or shrouded in such mystery, confusion, and contradiction that people wouldn't know what to believe?  Don't you believe God wants to us to know the right path for forgiveness and eternity in paradise?
Eleanor Roosevelt
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2008 at 2:33pm

Acts 17

24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'

We need to keep seeking and searching for GOD.

Edited by believer - 20 April 2008 at 2:36pm
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 28>
  Share Topic