IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus’ new commandment  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus� new commandment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus� new commandment
    Posted: 04 March 2008 at 7:13pm

John 13:34 

34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 3:41am
This is a very fine example of God's continuing instructions to us over the ages, and a very nice 'follow up' to the Ten Commandments. Whilst God directly revealed the ten Commandments to Moses, He uses his messengers to reveal further instructions, in this case Jesus. All religions would believe in this commandment. Whilst religions could dispute when and how such instructions come about today, one thing we should all remember- God may or may not use messengers today, but He can and does guide/talk to us all as individuals in our current lives
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 10:10pm

Why is Allah so often called The Most Compassionate, Most Merciful? Because He knows that we sin very easily. It is not easy to love each and everyone of us, even though this is the basic teachings of all religions.

He is also AtTawab - The Accepter of Repentance. He said in Hadis Qudsi, If my servant take a step towards me, I will run to him.

Alhamdulillah - Praise be to Allah.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 5:19pm

Nur_Ilahi

Lol!  "not easy to love each and everyone of us"  You've got that right!

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

John 13:34 

34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Hi believer,

no doubt that God's love and Mercy never ceases, and the message He gave to mankind always have that component in it.

Your quote certainly refelects that thought, however what puzzles me is this quote in Matthew 10:

34 �Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to �set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law�; 36 and �a man�s enemies will be those of his own household.�[e]

Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

monasjazz View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monasjazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 2:55am

dear believer ..

34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another

that does mean that you also love Muhammad ..

tell me ..and be honest , are you loved Muhammad ?

Smile

Edited by monasjazz - 10 April 2008 at 2:58am
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 12:00pm
honeto-  It is not what Jesus wanted , He was telling us what was in store.  Jesus was right, look at the hatred aimed at Christians.

monasjazz - Yes, we are to love the sinner, but that does not mean that we love the sin or that the sin does not go unpunished. 
John 3
monasjazz View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monasjazz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

monasjazz - Yes, we are to love the sinner, but that does not mean that we love the sin or that the sin does not go unpunished. 

well, I think it is a good idea to love all human ( the children of Adam, becuase they all seems look like as your brotherhood as human being  ) eventhough they are a sinner .. but could you to exposing your reasoning for this case ?

tell me ..

Wink

Edited by monasjazz - 10 April 2008 at 9:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
  Share Topic