IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus’ new commandment  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus� new commandment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 11:34am
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Is this a site that can be trusted?

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad %20sallallaahu%20%20`alayhi%20%20wa%20%20sallam%20%28%20may%20%20Allaah%20exalt%20his%20mention%20%29 is His slave and Messenger.

The term Mufaakhathah means to have foreplay with the wife in between her thighs. It is reported in one narration that when the Prophet %20sallallaahu%20%20`alayhi%20%20wa%20%20sallam%20%28%20may%20%20Allaah%20exalt%20his%20mention%20%29 wanted to enjoy one of his wives who was in menstruation, he would put a piece of cloth on her vagina (i.e. cover it). [Ibn Maajah].

The author of Faydh Al-Qadeer interpreted the expression 'if he wanted to enjoy to mean having all permissible foreplay but avoiding the vagina [or the anus], like in between her thighs (i.e. Mufaakhathah).   

Allaah Knows best.

Originally I understood this to be used when the wife was menustrating.  Then I found the fatwa from Khomeini.

Can fatwas be undone?  or are the just not followed?

The Quran tells men to stay away from their menstruating wives. As stated here so many times before, The Quran is always considered authentic over a Hadith if they contradict.

Al-Baqara (The Cow)

2:222 They ask thee concerning women's courses. Say: They are a hurt and a pollution: So keep away from women in their courses, and do not approach them until they are clean. But when they have purified themselves, ye may approach them in any manner, time, or place ordained for you by Allah. For Allah loves those who turn to Him constantly and He loves those who keep themselves pure and clean.

Keep away. Very clear.....

AND once again, a fatwa can be issued by anyone and anyone can choose to follow or not follow. If the fatwa has no basis in Islam then it is useless either way. It would be like a minister telling you it is fine to do something that has absolutely no basis in Christianity. If it seems crazy and is not found in the Bible, why would you do it?
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 7:59am
I know Ron. I was kidding :-) I know you are an atheistic, satan worshipping idolator at heart ;-)

That's partly my point. If God is God, then God as Creator of all must be above our understanding and comrehension of all for the greater part; and we all get glimpses of God in and through all that is created, if we look hard enough.

No person or group has the only 'truth' - whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help me God forever and ever amen. That would be the 'deception of the shaitan' for those claiming to believe, that they believe they alone have the 'truth' - whole truth, and all others are somehow completely deceived.

We can all argue this, that and the other till we are blue in the gills. The bottom line is one of faith in the end it seems. Either there is belief or there is not. And even that depends on how we intrepret 'faith' - and in what we put that faith. If I worship God through a tree God has created - how can that be said to be 'wrong'. I worship God the Creator, through the created - a tree. God as Creator would know this, knowing my heart and soul - having created me and the tree.

I'd love to know how many 'believers' in this world 'worship' something created as Creator. None can read the heart of another - yet we all seem capable of judging what is in the heart of another by appearances - how they seem to 'worship' or not.

No Ron, I don't think you meant, or were implying that religions had satanic origin. But that if the 'supernatural' entities exist - then that 'shaitan' would love to have us all believe we believe in different versions of the same Creator and keep us in conflict over this.

Summat like that.

Edited by Gulliver - 02 November 2008 at 3:10pm
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2008 at 7:34am
Originally posted by Gulliver Gulliver wrote:

I dunno. I think you're right Ron. We've all been deceived by the big shaitan.
Gulliver, please don't quote me as saying or implying that.  I don't believe in Satan any more than I believe in God, and I certainly would never claim that any mainstream religion was satanic in origin.  Once again, what I said was that IF you believe in supernatural Beings, then how would you know whether the Being with Whom you communicated was God or Satan?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 3:05pm
And Ron is right. If we cannot judge then by today's standards.

Things today should not be judged by the standards of 6/7th century Arabia.  Or we end up with double standards, and a lot of people seriously pissed off, blaming God for the judgements and misconceptions of religious hypocrites.

Hey folks. I am NOT saying this is true of Muhammad or not or that it is how it might seem. It's just information that's out there. And like information on so many of these religious issues - I believe you have to search your own heart and mind and come to your own conclusions, what you choose to believe in the end. It's always a challenge. There are many things I find difficult with Chrisitianity too.

Edited by Gulliver - 01 November 2008 at 3:11pm
Gulliver View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gulliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 2:58pm

"of course you are right.
But what makes you think that Muhammed had sex with the 9 year old.
I've been here for a long time and this is one of few sujects that pop up from time to time. Muhammed may have married Aisha at 9 but marrying someone doesn't really indicate your having sex, even thou that is what happens when you get married, but anyway..."  Why marry her at all at that age ?

I have no idea if he had sex or not Angel, if he married a nine year old, or not. I don't know. Like I don't know for a fact anything else. You read and hear so many things about all of these matters - Islamic and Christian - it's a wonder we are able to believe anything.

According to Catholicism and Eastern Orthodox, Mary's conception of Jesus was miraculous.  The 'virgin birth' of Jesus. Qu'ran affirms this I believe. Catholics believe Mary remained chaste throughout her life. Qu'ran affirms this I believe. There is the question of God 'impregnating' a young girl perhaps.

And then the matter of a man in his fifties possibly having sex with what today would be regarded as a young child. She is referenced regularly in hadith as playing with her dolls as said above. It might be 'culturally' acceptable, but that does not make such a behaviour 'right' or healhty.

When we say not to judge by today's standards. These people are supposed to be above the rest of us - models of a life that cannot seem less 'holy' today than it would have then. Simply put - he should have known better, IF he married a child and had sex with her  ?

It's about understanding these things properly - so they are seen for what they really were - and cannot be used to bash the given 'prophet' and undermine the religion. What is the truth of any of it and does that truth hold today as it did then.

I dunno. I think you're right Ron. We've all been deceived by the big shaitan. A 'God' who seems intent in pitting us all against each other till we're all dead and burning for ever and ever in hell :-)

Have just glimpsed at that link you had there. Is that a compendium for obsessive compulsives ?

Edited by Gulliver - 01 November 2008 at 3:23pm
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Shasta'sAunt Shasta'sAunt wrote:

How do we know who this book was written by or what the purpose was?
Smile You mean "Tahrir al Wasilah" or the Quran?

Quote Since Iranians speak and write Persian I am curious as to how Khomeini wrote a book in Arabic and not in his native language.
Supposedly he wrote it in Arabic before the revolution to avoid the the Shah's censors.  There is a Persian version that I came across on the Web somewhere though.

I looked around the Engish version briefly and although there's a lot of bizarre stuff in there (to my non-Muslim intellect, anyway), there's nothing quite as outrageous as the quotes that are used to slander it.  On the other hand, it is often said that English translations deliberately omit the more controversial parts, so I'm still not sure what to believe about it.

Can someone please take a look at the Arabic version at the link I posted earlier?
Addeenul �Aql � Religion is intellect.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 7:30am
Gulliver- So sorry to hear of your abuse. 

May GOD give you physical, emotional and spiritual health and strength.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 7:27am
 Is this a site that can be trusted?

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad %20sallallaahu%20%20`alayhi%20%20wa%20%20sallam%20%28%20may%20%20Allaah%20exalt%20his%20mention%20%29 is His slave and Messenger.

The term Mufaakhathah means to have foreplay with the wife in between her thighs. It is reported in one narration that when the Prophet %20sallallaahu%20%20`alayhi%20%20wa%20%20sallam%20%28%20may%20%20Allaah%20exalt%20his%20mention%20%29 wanted to enjoy one of his wives who was in menstruation, he would put a piece of cloth on her vagina (i.e. cover it). [Ibn Maajah].

The author of Faydh Al-Qadeer interpreted the expression 'if he wanted to enjoy to mean having all permissible foreplay but avoiding the vagina [or the anus], like in between her thighs (i.e. Mufaakhathah).   

Allaah Knows best.

Originally I understood this to be used when the wife was menustrating.  Then I found the fatwa from Khomeini.

Can fatwas be undone?  or are the just not followed?
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 28>
  Share Topic