IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus’ new commandment  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus� new commandment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2008 at 5:19pm

Nur_Ilahi

Lol!  "not easy to love each and everyone of us"  You've got that right!

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2008 at 10:10pm

Why is Allah so often called The Most Compassionate, Most Merciful? Because He knows that we sin very easily. It is not easy to love each and everyone of us, even though this is the basic teachings of all religions.

He is also AtTawab - The Accepter of Repentance. He said in Hadis Qudsi, If my servant take a step towards me, I will run to him.

Alhamdulillah - Praise be to Allah.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2008 at 3:41am
This is a very fine example of God's continuing instructions to us over the ages, and a very nice 'follow up' to the Ten Commandments. Whilst God directly revealed the ten Commandments to Moses, He uses his messengers to reveal further instructions, in this case Jesus. All religions would believe in this commandment. Whilst religions could dispute when and how such instructions come about today, one thing we should all remember- God may or may not use messengers today, but He can and does guide/talk to us all as individuals in our current lives
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2008 at 7:13pm

John 13:34 

34A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 262728
  Share Topic