IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to be a Successful Muslim Wife  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to be a Successful Muslim Wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 6:48am
ALSALM ALYCOM..my question is:I very worry about my future many time I ask my self,can I deal with life?
can I marry?how are my wife and sons appear?I ask you
is this caused by unsuficient faith on our God or its
normal feeling and thank you.
ops155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ops155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 11:13am
WOW!!! This is same thing from a non muslim view, sort of.

http://www.snopes.com/language/document/goodwife.asp

Rule 11 - Ignore 1-10 and have some self respect.
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2009 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Ali77 Ali77 wrote:

ALSALM ALYCOM..my question is:I very worry about my future many time I ask my self,can I deal with life?
can I marry?how are my wife and sons appear?I ask you
is this caused by unsuficient faith on our God or its
normal feeling and thank you.

May Allah help you. I feel. This is very normal. Just do istekhrah before you do anything.
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2009 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by ops155 ops155 wrote:

WOW!!! This is same thing from a non muslim view, sort of.

http://www.snopes.com/language/document/goodwife.asp

Rule 11 - Ignore 1-10 and have some self respect.

Wow, really amazing how much things have changed since that 1950's admonition.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 1:32am
I loved reading these 1-10 rules.
I think it is women that are changing, not so much the men.
In the UK for example 75% white British men still believe they should be the bread winner and that women should stay in the home and to a great extent follow these rules.
Unfortunately with the rising costs and women wanting more of a choice many decide to go to work and keep the home in order. Men have adjusted somewhat in their thinking..guess if the women are happier working some hours then he will surely compromise..nothing quite like a frustrated wifeLOL
For many women the extra cash comes in handy...it gives them some freedom to spend on themselves(when man's wage doesn't cover these extras)...and also women like to also contribute to costs of holidays etc.
In an ideal world women can stay in the home...but bills need to be paid.
In asian countries women are begining to catch up with the thinking of western women. THey want more rights, more freedom..and so on.
Personally ( as I am old fashioned) I loved to follow the above rules when I was younger, married and had a family. THere is a huge sense of pride and achievment when you can accomplish in this way.
sigh..oh happy days...
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 6:30am
I think to think that women around the world sit at home and just take of the home.. is just not realistic. The vast majority of women work in some fashion "outside the home." Most rural and poor people- everyone works. We tend to view things from a middle class prism. And this is just not  realistic. What is true is most have some type of division of labor. Women do X and men to Y. And it changes from culture to culture. Of course women also take care of the kids but they do a lot more. Poor women have always "worked"

If you talk about women from other strata... what was the issue is that when you have a brain.. you are raised with an education... you actually enjoy that. And if you have a spouse who does not respect and see you really as a 'cleaning machine" it makes for a hard marriage. 

Its like in the list... be quiet, be nice, don't make too much noise. And then what happens when  the woman being home either by themselves or young children. Being isolated causes alot of the dperession women face.  We are humans and have social needs. And its about cater to 'his needs' and does he think about what his wife goes through? And I remember how they used to say these women did not 'work" and the men are not going to sign up for 'home duty.'
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 11:15am
...be nice, be quiet, and don't make much noise..LOL
Hayfa, it isn't realistic of course. You are absolutely right.
I used to watch my maternal grandmother..(she is like the one you refer to in your post) she was the ideal woman and ideal wife and mother and came from a privileged background. So pArt of her education was to prepare for married life.  Fortunately she had a good husband.
 Until the day she died she never grumbled. Her work was the home, she was fortunate in that sense...meals were on time and she had her own itinerary that she stuck to...washing Mondays, ironing Tuesdays etc etc. I loved that womanSmile She was also lucky to not be isolated after marriage. It makes a huge difference. I am sure she had her own personal grievances within that marriage tho...marriage is not a bed of roses..we all have to watch out for those thorns. BUt I am hugely grateful to her for her example. Some of it has stuck in my brainWink
My paternal grandmother was completely different and she worked. She was poor. I loved her and loved her strength/determination too. But hers is another story...

The answer is I guess about balance in life. Divorce for example was once frowned upon. WOmen put up with a lot of abuse. THese days divorce is more acceptable and women don't put up with stuff.( I talk about the western world here) We will never live in an ideal world. Harmony in the home is a 2way practice. WOnder if we will ever get it right,lol. Women have to do a great deal...then and now. Work in the home, work outside, often both. I get tired just thinking about it, lol.
Sleepy
some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 11:19am
man!  I do hate the sound of the vacuum cleaner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic