IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to be a Successful Muslim Wife  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to be a Successful Muslim Wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 4:20pm

Lovesakeenah, I don�t think I can do all that considering the fast moving life we have right now.LOL

Both man and wife got to work to support the family and be home too tired..but one thing I knew of that would make a family go on strong and can stand the test of time�. To have love, trust, respect and above all, Allah in the relationship�and never listen to satan�s enticing words and insinuations.  

The wife should make her husband feel that his home is with her, making him feel at peace when he is home.  Same way the husband too should make his wife feels that she is precious and cherished and all this can be felt by each and everyone if done with sincerity (thru the heart). To have time in everything, kids, work, home, husband ��you may not have perfect family life but at least you will be near perfection�inshallah!Smile

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
lovesakeenah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovesakeenah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 2:37am
As-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh dear sisters

I wish i could I could answer all your questions,but I can't unfortunately...
I mean,I also question why there are more write-ups about being a good wife,polygamy(ignoring the aspect that says a woman has every right to oppose this idea if it will affect her deen&relationship with the husband) and why the duties of a wife make the headlines in relationships,almost all the time.So ladies,without further ado,I am working on making my contribution in changing that cliche,masha Allahu...I'd let you know when am done(it's going to take a while....).

There are many things women can do to liberate themselves from poverty say for instance, becoming a widow&being unemployed...matters could be worse if children're involved.My dear sisters, we might not be able to live a perfect harmonious marital life,but we can surely make our troubles minimal by being educated on things to know and do prior marital commitment,masha Allahu.So,I guess I can start here then.I am gathering the materials needed for my Book on Marriage and Women's rights in Islam (not the title,but the focus of the book) masha Allahu.And amongst the things I want to do is make 'Questionnaires'.I haven't got to that stage yet,but I also intend to ask Sisters' opinions about what they feel are been left out when writing about relationships(Islamic perspective).What should be included and considered.The provisions that should be put in place to make the wife comfortable in her relationship.
I also intend to look at Cultural influences masha Allahu,amongst other things.Like I said,this project will take a while because of other external factors causing time constraints.
So,if I asked you what you would like to be aired,read,written more on this subject,what would it be?
Need I remind you again that,we're looking at this Islamically,meaning-in compliance with Qur'anic injuctions&the teachings of Rasulullah(s.a.w).May Allah grant us adequate wisdom&useful knowledge.....Ameen!

"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2008 at 4:15am
Originally posted by lovesakeenah lovesakeenah wrote:

As-salaam alaykum warahamatullah wabarakatuh dear sisters

,I am working on making my contribution in changing that cliche,masha Allahu...I'd let you know when am done(it's going to take a while....).

Jazakallah Khair Smile
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
ayisha098 View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ayisha098 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 4:38pm
None of what you said applies to me.  I hate dressing up and wearing jewelry and makeup.  My husband prefers natural beauty as do I.  He likes me for the way I am.  As long as I obey him and clean and cook, and don't do anything haraam, he is leneit in what I'm allowed to do.  The only thing my husband asks of me, is that I brush my hair every day, and wash my face with soap, because he says it makes me more beautiful to him.  Smile 
fais View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fais Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2009 at 11:44pm
sama alaikum,

well sister Amina,masha allah it was great to read about your successful realtion may this continues till janna.

regards
Zaharah View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zaharah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 11:14am
 Assalimu Alaikum Forum

Alhamdulillah....I've been married happily for 19 years and I like to think it's because I married a good muslim br. strong in his deen. age and beauty will fade with time if there's not a strong foundation the marriage will not last  (Aminah) Clap  Amen sister, and gravity will take over.
Zaharah
CHANGE- Let's change the way we eat, the way we live and the way we treat each other. You see the old way wasn't working, so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive.

Tupac A. Shakur...
Full of Hopes View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Full of Hopes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2009 at 1:08pm

Asslamu Alaikum  Wa Rahmatu Allah

This is a wonderful  nice post.  We should pass it to all Muslim wives. May Allah be pleased..
Smile
And whoever seeks a religion other than Isl�m, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers(3:85)
Ali77 View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2009 at 6:40am
Halleo..your advices are very interesting,I not married yet but if I found woman has thith values I willing to
marry her and not exploit her and respect her
by thith we can establish a nice family and successful
sons.I think the buteay doesnot importer than behavour
in woman,at last I thank you and please donot stop your useful advices and God bless you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic