IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Family Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to be a Successful Muslim Wife  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to be a Successful Muslim Wife

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to be a Successful Muslim Wife
    Posted: 28 February 2008 at 8:15pm

Here are the tips on 'How to be a Successful Muslim Wife'

1. Use your 'Fitnah' (beauty and overtures of allurement) to win the heart of your husband.

All women have the ornaments that Allah blessed them with.  Use the beauty Allah has bestowed you with to win the heart of your husband

2. When your husband comes home, greet him with a wonderful greeting.

Imagine your husband coming home to a clean house, an exquisitely dressed wife, a dinner prepared with care, children clean and sweet smelling, a clean bedroom - what would this do to his love for you? Now imagine what the opposite does to him.  

3. Review the characteristics of the Hoor Al-Ayn and try to imitate them  

The Qur'an and Sunnah describe the women in Jannah with certain characteristics.  Such as the silk they wear, their large dark eyes, their singing to their husband, etc.  Try it, wear silk for your husband, put Kohl in your eyes to 'enlarge' them, and sing to your husband.    

4. Always wear jewellery and dress up in the house.  

From the early years, little girls have adorned themselves with earrings and bracelets and worn pretty dresses - as described in the Qur'an.  As a wife, continue to use the jewellery that you have and the pretty dresses for your husband. 

5. Joke and play games with your husband.  

A mans secret: they seek women who are light-hearted and have a sense of humour. As Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - told Jabir to marry someone who would make him laugh and he would make her laugh. 

6. Thank your husband constantly for the nice things he does.  Then thank him again.  

This is one of the most important techniques, as the opposite is a characteristic of the women of hellfire.

7. An argument is a fire in the house. Extinguish it with a simple 'I'm sorry' even if it is not your fault.  

When you fight back, you are only adding wood to the fire.  Watch how sweetly an argument will end when you just say sincerely, "Look, I'm sorry.  Let's be friends."  

8. Always seek to please your husband, for he is your key to Jannah.  

Rasul Allah - sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam - taught us that any women who dies in a state where her husband is pleased with her, shall enter Jannah.  So .. please him

9. Listen and Obey!  

Obeying your husband is Fard!  Your husband is the Ameer of the household.  Give him that right and respect. 

10. Make Dua to Allah to make your marriage and relationship successful.  

All good things are from Allah. Never forget to ask Allah ta'ala for the blessing of having a successful marriage that begins in this Dunya and continues on - by the Mercy of Allah ta'ala - into Jannah

One more thing, my mom said the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach...so feed him good.. Make him fat

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
infomagination View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infomagination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2008 at 9:01pm

Edited by infomagination - 20 November 2009 at 12:24am
"One morning or evening in the path of Allah is better than the world and all it contains. A hand-span or a whip's length of Jannat is better that the world and all it contains..."Sayings of Nabi(SAW)
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2008 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Truth_light24</span><span style=font-size: 10pt; font-family: "Verdana","sans-serif";><font style=color: rgb(0, 0, 153); size=4><span style=font-family: Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;> Truth_light24 wrote:

Make him fat

Feeding the hubby nicely is great and there are foods that are well known for the well being of the old man but making him fat can't be one of them!
Fat also mean - diabetes, heart disease and everything in between which includes early departure from this world also. It is a guaranteed to send love business  south I mean all the way to Antarctica!
I hope your mom didn't mean that

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2008 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by infomagination infomagination wrote:

I tried all the above - and still my husband want to divorce me....

Were you compatible in your personalities? that makes or breaks most marriages these days!
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 5:05am
Well sis S.R., maybe that sayings of my mom can only be applied to Asian coz my people likes to eat a lot and only a few become fat particularly from where I come from...

Mom said, try to make your husband feel at home with you, make him feel that his home is in you and he will never leave your side. Love whom he loves particularly his parents because once you did that, he will love you even better and never ever betray you...

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 9:33am

I tried all the above - and still my husband want to divorce me....

WEl then you were a succesful wife.. he was a failure as a husband.

Can we see the "how to be a successful Muslim husband" now...

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Aminah07 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aminah07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 11:55am

Jummah Mubarak Everyone,

Alhamdulillah....I've been married happily for 19 years and I like to think it's because I married a good muslim br. strong in his deen. age and beauty will fade with time if there's not a strong foundation the marriage will not last.

Insha'Allah everyone likes different things.

My husband doesn't like me to wear makeup he said it takes away from true beauty. Lucky for me I was very young and rarely wore any, I didn't have to give anything I loved up.

I grew up in a poor working class family and rarely had baubles.  when I became a muslimah and read that Aiysha(ra) at one time had admonished a female family member for wearing a gold ring in public, telling her that she should donate it to the mosque and if she has to wear something like that to wear silver because it was better for her. I do like to wear earings in my home and under my hijab but never really had a need for gold etc.

As for the clean home I agree...and in all honesty with a house full of boys we strive for the clean appearenceLOL~but when the weather is nice here to be outside I'm not going to stop a heated football game out in our backyard to come in and clean up since my hubby will only want to join them when he gets home...that's why we almost always eat dinner out on the patio when it's nice.

Dinner ready...yes I agree~When we were first married the first morning my husband returned to work he told me as he was leaving "by the way I didn't mention this before...but I really don't care what we are having for dinner as long as it's ready when I get home"~He's had his dinner on the table waiting every night for 19 yearsLol now with him feeling a bit older he often prefers a nice healthy salad.

Yep, I also agree that my husband does "run the show" and "holds the key to our castle".....such as it is and yes it is Baraka from Allah(swt) that we have what we do have and what we've been blessed with....

As far as fighting goes....I would say communication and respect would work the best. My husband doesn't always expect to be right in all matters nor do I. We trust each other and respect each other enough to work on issues as a team rather than to let the issues come between us and work against us.

I don't know about the glamour girl look...I'm just happy to have the house neat and dinner ready and the kids at peace not at war with each other when my husband arrives home...He knows fairy tales are for the books and movies and true happiness living in the Dunya doesn't come that way. We make each  other happy and love each other just by practicing our Deen and taking care of each other and our family~ and he still brings me flowers once a week after all these years.

Good post Sis....You made me smile a bit thinking of your ideas.

JazakAllahuKhair

Jummah Mubarak Everyone,

Alhamdulillah....I've been married happily for 19 years and I like to think it's because I married a good muslim br. strong in his deen. age and beauty will fade with time if there's not a strong foundation the marriage will not last.

My husband doesn't like me to wear makeup he said it takes away from true beauty. Lucky for me I was very young and rarely wore any, I didn't have to give anything I loved up.

I grew up in a poor working class family and rarely had baubles.  when I became a muslimah and read that Aiysha(ra) at one time had admonished a female family member for wearing a gold ring in public, telling her that she should donate it to the mosque and if she has to wear something like that to wear silver because it was better for her. So I guess that's strike two on your list I do like to wear earings in my home and under my hijab but never really had a need for gold etc.

As for the clean home I agree...and in all honesty with a house full of boys we strive for the clean appearenceLOL~but when the weather is nice here to be outside I'm not going to stop a heated football game out in our backyard to come in and wash especially since my hubby will only want to join them when he gets home...that's why we almost always eat dinner out on the deck when it's nice.

A hot meal...yes I agree~When we were first married the first morning my husband returned to work he told me "by the way I didn't mention this before...but I really don't care what we are having for dinner as long as it's ready when I get home"~He's had his dinner on the table waiting every night for 19 yearsLol now with him feeling a bit older he often prefers a nice healthy salad.

Yep, I also agree that my husband does "run the show" and "holds the key to our castle"..LOL...such as it is and yes it is Baraka from Allah(swt) that we have what we do have and what we've been blessed with....

As far as fighting goes....I would say communication and respect would work the best. My husband doesn't always expect to be right in all matters nor do I. We trust each other and respect each other enough to work on issues as a team rather than to let the issues come between us and work against us.

I don't know about the glamour girl look...I'm just happy to have the house neat and dinner ready and the kids at peace not at war with each other when my husband arrives home...He knows fairy tales are for the books and movies and true happiness living in the Dunya doesn't come that way. We make each  other happy and love each other just by practicing our Deen and taking care of each other and our family~ and he still brings me flowers once a week after all these years.

JazakAllahuKhair

Jummah Mubarak Everyone,

I grew up in a poor working class family and rarely had baubles.  when I became a muslimah and read that Aiysha(ra) at one time had admonished a female family member for wearing a gold ring in public, telling her that she should donate it to the mosque and if she has to wear something like that to wear silver because it was better for her. So I guess that's strike two on your list I do like to wear earings in my home and under my hijab but never really had a need for gold etc.

As for the clean home I agree...and in all honesty with a house full of boys we strive for the clean appearenceLOL~but when the weather is nice here to be outside I'm not going to stop a heated football game out in our backyard to come in and wash especially since my hubby will only want to join them when he gets home...that's why we almost always eat dinner out on the deck when it's nice.

A hot meal...yes I agree~When we were first married the first morning my husband returned to work he told me "by the way I didn't mention this before...but I really don't care what we are having for dinner as long as it's ready when I get home"~He's had his dinner on the table waiting every night for 19 yearsLol now with him feeling a bit older he often prefers a nice healthy salad.

Yep, I also agree that my husband does "run the show" and "holds the key to our castle"..LOL...such as it is and yes it is Baraka from Allah(swt) that we have what we do have and what we've been blessed with....

JazakAllahuKhair

Jummah Mubarak Everyone,

JazakAllahuKhair

Edited by Aminah07
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 2:36pm

Aminah07
Juma tul Mubbarak to you too
BTW Did you really want to repeat the post that many times I see copied 4 times!
Maybe some thing funny with your computer!

Edited by Sign*Reader
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic