IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Favorite Hadith about Women  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Hadith about Women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 4:56am

As Salamu Alaikum

Brother Abuayisha, it seems to me that you know more about this Hadith that Sis Angela posted so please share the facts with us.

This Hadith and the one about Paradise at your mother's feet and Seeking knowledge even if one has to go to China are Ahadith which I have heard all my life and now I am being told that they are weak and we should not use then.

So please if you have any solid evidence please share it with us either way, weak or Fabricated or whatever.

Presently I don't have any references but I have read heard them and read them many times.

Sister Angela, maybe you can put the links where you read them recently for brother Abuayisha so he can check them out.

Jazakallahu Khairan for your efforts to clear a misconception/misquote.

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2008 at 6:32am
60:12. O Prophet! when believing women come to you giving you a pledge that they will not associate aught with Allah, and will not steal, and will not commit fornication, and will not kill their children, and will not bring a calumny which they have forged of themselves, and will not disobey you in what is good, accept their pledge, and ask forgiveness for them from Allah; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2008 at 5:36am

Admonish your wives with kindness.

A Muslim must not hate his wife; and if he be displeased with one bad quality in her, then let him be pleased with another that is good.

Do you beat your own wife as you would a slave? That must you not do.

I (Muaviyah b. Haidah) said, "O Apostle of God! What is my duty to my wife?" He said, "That you give her to eat as you eat yourself, and clothe her as you clothe yourself; and do not slap her in the face nor abuse her, nor separate yourself from her in displeasure.

Give your wife good counsel; and if she has goodness in her, she will soon take it, and leave off idle talking; and do not beat your noble wife like a slave.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2008 at 12:50am
Well, considering this was passed to me by a young man, I am certain he is no scholar.  Nimish is a bright caring young man, but definitely not a Sheik.

I would say Google it.  That's all I did.

I really don't understand the problem here. Perhaps it is a weak hadith, I wouldn't know.  I mean, its well known that I'm non-Muslim.  However, the words definitely sound as if they came from such a great man.

One thing I have found is the Prophet(pbuh) was intensely respectful towards believing and chaste women.  He believed a man must treat his wife with kindness.

Did he not say that the "best of you are those who are best to their wives."???  

An accounting is made of all our deeds, Allah doesn't just look at the sin, he looks at the consequences.  If we hurt someone, we are responsible for that.  I think that is the message of the hadith (weak or not).  The message is that if you are cruel to a person, especially one you have been charged with protecting (wife, child, orphan, etc) then you will be responsible for the pain you have caused them.

As for women being men's equals, that's a given.  Spiritually, men and women are equals.  In a very basic sense, all of God's children have the same rights to happiness, protection and love.  Men were made stronger physically because once it was a necessity for hunting and defense.  Women were made strong in their own ways.  We are built for survival in tough times and for the important task of raising the next generation.  The statement about the rib illustrates that beautifully. 

I dearly wish the men of this world would head more to the Prophets of old.  That they would come to value women as their partners and not as property or objects of desire.  I wish women (more so in the West) would stop seeing Motherhood and Marriage as optional baggage on a career and see them as the sacred duty.

A woman's duty is to protect and teach her children.  To ensure that they have every opportunity that she and her husband can give them.  Sometimes, by circumstance, a woman must do this alone.  But, a mother should never been looked down on for choosing children over career or choosing to better her life for her children.

This goes to a point I made in my Sociology class.  Respect is THE MOST important virtue in a marriage.  That goes both ways.  Without it, the whole house crumbles.
samya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2008 at 3:04pm

Dear Angela.

We are not Gods children.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2008 at 12:12am
Samya,

Yes we are.    He is our Creator, Protector and Provider.  If that's not a Father, then what is?  But, I'm not Muslim so my beliefs are different.
proudmuslima3 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proudmuslima3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 9:52pm

sister that was very beutiful.  Insha Allah i will  teach my sons this

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 10:50am

YUSUFALI: Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
PICKTHAL: Say: He is Allah, the One!
SHAKIR: Say: He, Allah, is One.

YUSUFALI: Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
PICKTHAL: Allah, the eternally Besought of all!
SHAKIR: Allah is He on Whom all depend.

YUSUFALI: He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
PICKTHAL: He begetteth not nor was begotten.
SHAKIR: He begets not, nor is He begotten.

YUSUFALI: And there is none like unto Him.
PICKTHAL: And there is none comparable unto Him.
SHAKIR: And none is like Him.

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic