IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Favorite Hadith about Women  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Hadith about Women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Hadith about Women
    Posted: 20 February 2008 at 6:42am
Lets share our favorite Ayah and Hadith about women.

My friend sent this one to me.

WOMEN IN ISLAM : Prophet Mohammed (Peace & Mercy of GOD Be Upon Him) Defined it very Beautifully: Be careful-do not make a woman cry, because Allah (SWT) counts her tears. A WOMAN CAME OUT OF A MANS RIB. NOT FROM HIS FEET TO BE WALKED ON, NOT FROM HIS HEAD TO BE SUPERIOR OVER, BUT FROM HIS SIDE TO BE EQUAL, UNDER THE ARM TO BE PROTECTED AND NEXT TO THE HEART TO BE LOVED
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 5:53am

Thanks Angela for sharing this beautiful Hadith with us.

Thank your friend too on our behalf.

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 6:49am

The world and all things in it are valuable; but the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman.

The best women are the virtuous; they are the most affectionate to infants, and the most careful of their husband's property.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2008 at 11:36am

Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Lets share our favorite Ayah and Hadith about women.

My friend sent this one to me.

WOMEN IN ISLAM : Prophet Mohammed (Peace & Mercy of GOD Be Upon Him) Defined it very Beautifully:

Is there a reference for this "hadith" which has been attributed to the Messenger of Allah?

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 12:30am
It was sent to me by a friend.  He did not give me the narrator or anything like that.  I searched the website and found this on several pages but they do not list any of the narrators. 

Nur_Ilahi View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 6:13am

Heaven lieth at the feet of mothers.

"O Messenger of God! Verily I have done a great crime; is there any act by which I may repent?" He said, "Have you a mother?" "No," said the questioner. "Have you an aunt?" asked Muhammad. He said, "Yes, I have." Muhammad said, "Go, do good to her, and your crime will be pardoned."

I and a woman whose color and cheeks shall have become black from toiling in the sun shall be near to one another in the next world as my two fingers; and that is a handsome widow, whose color and cheeks shall have become black in bringing up her family.

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 7:49am

As Salamu Alaikum

This Hadith (the one sister Angela posted) like the one "Paradise under the mother's feet" are listed under "weak" hadith, but are quoted from time to time by many scholars past and present.

And Allah knows best.

Salams

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2008 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

This Hadith (the one sister Angela posted) like the one "Paradise under the mother's feet" are listed under "weak" hadith, but are quoted from time to time by many scholars past and present.

With reference to the one Angela posted, which scholars have quoted it and who has listed it weak?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic