IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Favorite Hadith about Women  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Favorite Hadith about Women

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Hadith about Women
    Posted: 07 June 2008 at 7:52am
Asalaamu aliaikum:
I thought this was the women's forum? And I see brothers posting here?
There are other Islamic forums with closed areas for the sisters only with a separate password and a female moderator, rather like your professional section that is inactive....
It would be nice to have a ladies room where the men cannot gaze...and about lowering your gaze....LOL
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 2:13am
Hello Sister Angela!

Great topic btw!!! :) Love it. I was thinking of starting a thread on the same lines. I'd love to share my favourite ahadith about women here. Might I add that I find it extremeley refreshing(i've been using this word a lot latley! i wonder why :p ) to see a non-muslim, who despite having her own beliefs is honest enough to admit the good she seen in another religion :) I mean, I can always understand indeological differences, but I never understood how some ppl could twist even the very obvious good points that Islam and Prophet Muhammad has. :)

Here goes:

1- Sahih Muslim 15:19 :  � O my people!  You have certain rights over your wives and so have your wives over you---
They are the trust of Allah in your hands, so you must treat them with all kindness.� (part of his adderess at his Farewell pilgrimage)

2- " Woman is fragile like glass, and men should therefore treat women with delicacy and tenderness as they would handle an article made of glass." - (I do not remember the source, however I do know that this is a Sahih Hadith, perhaps I can post the reference later. The Prophet said that when he saw a man rushing his camel along in a hurry, and the poor lady on the camel was being rocked about and having trouble staying on.)

3-  A person who ill-treats his wife during the day and loves her at night, acts in complete contradiction of the beauty of human nature. (Again, I do not remember the ref, but I *think* this is Sahih Muslim, and I hav read it before in a Sahih book.)

There are also many favourite incidents of mine, from Sunnah / the Prophets life, about how he would treat his wives so beautifully! I find those incidents extremely touching and heartwarming . . . Perhaps we could post those later.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2008 at 10:32am

Assalamu Alaikum,

This post is to add clarity to my last post.

When a concept is clear cut in Islam, it should be understood the way it is. The matter in the context has been plainly described.

It is important to understand that Muslims are not supposed to say that Allah is like our father or Allah is like our mother etc., figuratively or otherwise. Muslims also don�t carry pictures of Allah or His Prophets in an "artistic" or any other sense nor do they characterize Allah, in His person or His attributes, in any anthropomorphic form.

Yes, Allah has 99 names; He is the Creator, the Sustainer, the Nourisher and so on, and the following verses describe an important point:

"(He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things)."

Qur�an 42: 11

"And there is none like unto Him."

Qur�an 112:4

If anyone wants to discuss this matter further, please start another thread in a relevant section, and let me know.

This is just to clarify an important point initiated by others in this thread. Now, you may move on. . . .

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2008 at 12:14pm
Well, the Idea that God does not beget is a different subject.  God is our Creator, the supreme guiding hand in our lives.  Perhaps one could look at the term Father as figurative.  As a Mormon, it is literal to me.  God is the Father of my soul.

But this thread is about Women and favorite hadiths.  If one wants to debate God's titles, then that should be in interfaith.

With that said...God does not reward/punish based on sex.  Women will be given their due in paradise.  Please keep this forum inspirational to women and don't nitpick the little things.

Um Salamah said: "O Messenger of Allah. I did not hear a Verse in the Quran regarding the Hijrah (migration with the Prophet ) of women." Then was revealed the Verse: ("And their Lord has accepted of them, and answered them: Never will I suffer to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female: ye are members, one of another: those who have left their homes, and were driven out therefrom, and suffered harm in My cause, and fought and were slain � Verily I will blot out from them their inequities, and admit them into gardens with rivers flowing beneath; ... A reward from Allah, and from Allah is the best of rewards."), Verse 195, Surat al-�Imran, or the Family. The Hadith was narrated by at-Tirmizi under No. 3023
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2008 at 10:42am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah and Salaams,

Brother Peacemaker,

Sister Angela realizes that we believe that Allah, The One, has no son and does not beget.  Take it in the spirit in which it was meant.

PEACE

Assalamu Alaikum,

I quoted that verse in a general sense, and it was not directed to anyone. As this is the public forum, it is paramount to explain clearly what Islam stands for in order to make it clear to those who are willing to understand it.

Jazak Allah Khair. 

Peace
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 11:07am
Bismillah and Salaams,

Sister Angela,

I can see that you are being figurative.  Just as my father-in-law, a Phalasteenee, who would often in Arabic, say, "Oh, Father of Us All (Abuna), guide us, (ihdeena).  I heard my mother-in-law and others say this too.

Brother Peacemaker,

Sister Angela realizes that we believe that Allah, The One, has no son and does not beget.  Take it in the spirit in which it was meant.

PEACE

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 April 2008 at 10:50am

YUSUFALI: Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
PICKTHAL: Say: He is Allah, the One!
SHAKIR: Say: He, Allah, is One.

YUSUFALI: Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
PICKTHAL: Allah, the eternally Besought of all!
SHAKIR: Allah is He on Whom all depend.

YUSUFALI: He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
PICKTHAL: He begetteth not nor was begotten.
SHAKIR: He begets not, nor is He begotten.

YUSUFALI: And there is none like unto Him.
PICKTHAL: And there is none comparable unto Him.
SHAKIR: And none is like Him.

proudmuslima3 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote proudmuslima3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2008 at 9:52pm

sister that was very beutiful.  Insha Allah i will  teach my sons this

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic