IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - To continue Believer’s topic bellow  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To continue Believer’s topic bellow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anatolian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2008 at 11:58pm
Again with attacks on the beliefs of the Holy Trinity. If you do not understand it why attack it? You claim
you Nur Ilahi, know what Christians believe because this is what your mullahs tell you but have you asked a
priest? Have you asked a practicing Christian what the Trinity is? You receive your education on Christianity
by Muslim scholars... It's like a Christian receiving instructions on the rituals of Hajj from a priest and that
Christian goes off on an ignorant attack against his Muslim friends and convincing them he knows more
about there own religion then they do. This is no way to debate I'm sorry.

I will ask Martha this. Being a former Christian, do you honestly believe Christians believe in three gods?
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 1:29am

That is so easy to answer, Anatolian. Actually I have explained in other threads till I'm blue in the face.

As a former Christian I believed in ONE God only. I believed that every single person was a spiritual son or daughter of God, with Jesus being our elder brother, and that we are here on earth for a purpose, to hopefully then return to God, our Father in Heaven. But in Heaven we would have a perfect body, void of all physical disabilities and blemishes. Our time on earth is a test of our faith and belief in God, and we were promised guidance from prophets or messengers to lead us.

Muslims dont believe  Jesus to be the Son of God.

But are we all sons and daughters of God, as He created us? This would mean that He would be as such a Father to us. That would also make Jesus our brother. And as such we all have the ability to be like God, the Father, and is the main reason we are here on earth, to become like Him. I can go into greater detail of my former Christian life, but I will be seen as being a disloyal muslim, and as such a traitor to Islam. Of course I dont feel this at all. But as so many muslims dont agree with so many facets of Islam, many will fail to understand my replies. I am content to believe the way I do. I love my God, and is the reason I keep trying.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Ron Webb View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male atheist
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

The statement that the 'end of the world is nigh' has been said for decades. So this is not a reasonable statement.

try centuries

Try millennia.  There are plenty of Web sites that document doomsday claims, but I think this one is the funniest: http://www.geocities.com/alma-geddon/lastjudgment.html  (Just keep clicking the "Go Forth!" button at the bottom of the page.  They go on, and on, and on...)

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 March 2008 at 6:57pm

Originally posted by Anatolian Anatolian wrote:

Believer brought an important point up in a bellow post. He asked why the
Qu'ran and Hadiths cannot be understood by all because one needs to
master the art of understanding it. Yet I constantly read from people like
Martha, new converts to Islam, that the reason why they converted was
because of Islam's simplicity. How can it be so simple when only a few can
truly understand it and even they will never understand it in full plainly
because a lifetime is not enough. Yet Muslims are first to react with
confusion and disbelief when Christians explain the Trinity to them in
simplest form.

Hi believer,

based on reality I have observed, I would say that it is the other way around.

The two most important fundamantals of any religion are the God and  the Salvation. I have talked to many converts in person who say the same as you quoted Martha saying, the simplicity of those two main aspects of Islam.  It is not true that only a few can understand it, in fact in my observance it is the other way. Any ordinary Christian I asked to explain me their understanding of God and Trinity asked me to come to Sunday school or they invited me to their church. Even those who once gave me a little phamphlet in a mall, when I asked them to explain God and Trinity excused and said that they are only distributing this paper, you have to call the number on it (this happened when my wife was still not a Muslim and she was with me at that time).  Even in my days of ignorance (when I was a Muslim by name) one thing was clear as crystal (I may not be able to explain it then) that God is One, One who created me, everyone and everything and has control and power over all. 

Anyone without bias or prejudgment if read the Quran (in thir own language) even without an explaination can fully understand God and  Salvation in Islam.

As far as simplicity of Trinity as you claim, it is honesty anything but that. Like I have said that I have a chance to talk to many Christians who have become Muslims, one thing was common in their story (as well as in wife's) that they always regarded Jesus (pbuh) as a man may be a bit more, but deep in their heart they could never think of him as God, eveh though that's how they were told to believe, and were told to not to question it.

regards,

Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 7:43am

Actually what I read is that a person does not know if they have performed enough good deeds to erase all the bad ones, then it also has to be willed by Allah.

If GOD accepts true repentance, then actually no deeds are needed to out way the bad deeds.

LOL!!  Where is the score card?!?

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 11:34am

Believer is back with some score card. It was simple matter that one should do good all the time and should not sin. The good and bad are well known by the religeous law. If a person is doing good most of the time but sometime makes a mistake or falls short of goodness level then he repents and asks for forgiveness from his Lord.

Allah forgives him. That is the end to that. That bad mark no more remains. It is a basic fact that Allah is Most Beneficient, most Merciful. What is the use of Mercy if He does not forgive. Our Allah does not need to punish any innocent man on the cross to forgive the sins of other sinful people.

Repentence is necessary. John the Baptist and Jesus also taught repentence. Islam also teaches it. There is no difference.

There is no need to keep any score card. Just be intent on doing good and be careful. That is all. Your score card will be very good. You or I do not have to worry. There is no worry. When Allah promises forgiveness then there is not to be any worry. Allah's promise never fails.

honeto View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2008 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by believer believer wrote:

Actually what I read is that a person does not know if they have performed enough good deeds to erase all the bad ones, then it also has to be willed by Allah.

If GOD accepts true repentance, then actually no deeds are needed to out way the bad deeds.

LOL!!  Where is the score card?!?

Hi believer,

did you know your school score card when you were in school? until it was given to you or your parents.

If we knew our score cards of good and bad deeds, we will be God. Only God knows where we stands and we can never know until the Day of Judgment when God will reveal it to us. What we do know however, like the school score, if you have studied good and did your homework, you will be more confident to do good in the exams without fear or you  will be bluffing yourself until you see the score card.

So like a good student and good believer stays in touch with reality and knows where he/she stands and what result to expect.

In Islam, God's forgiveness is for those who are consistance with their good intentions and works and who seek His forviness every moment as we may make mistakes unknowingly too. It is the willfull disobidiences (when we know the truth and deny it and work against it) that will go against us. God can and may forgive any of sins as He has command over everything without paying any resome or recompense to anyone as He is the Only Supreme Authority.

If anything is said to be unforgiveable in Islam according to the Quran is directing your worship to other than the One God, or associating others beside Him in your worship as His partners in Godhead.

In Islam does not teach that wages for sin is death. Each one will get exactly according to what they deserved, not an atoms weight's good will go wasted, and every deed will be exposed, just like that school report. Some faces will be dull and some rejoice that day.

< name=F src="blank.htm" width=0 height=0>

Hasan

The friends of God will certainly have nothing to fear, nor will they be grieved. Al Quran 10:62

believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2008 at 7:47am

Yes, actually I did know my "scorecard" in school.  Progressive system- we always knew where we stood. 

Each one will get exactly according to what they deserved,

Does this mean that there are different degrees of hell/heaven?

John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic