IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Just Gossip n Jokes  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just Gossip n Jokes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just Gossip n Jokes
    Posted: 07 February 2008 at 2:20am

Don't you think all gossips and jokes will look nice here? Instead of sneaking in to Current Affairs or some other sections.

Post to your hearts content!

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 4:21am

Salaams Whisper,

Nice idea

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 2:15pm

Hmm, brother, does that include some satiracal pieces as well?

Poll: To Fix Economy, Get Out of Iraq.....

this article launches into  a big discussion of this all too familiar subject:

found at http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1711531,00.ht ml

The highlights, which we have been saying all along in this forum:

"The heck with Congress' big stimulus bill. The way to get the country out of recession � and most people think we're in one � is to get the country out of Iraq, according to an Associated Press-Ipsos poll."

Hmm, I wonder what we have been hinting at for several years now? Would save a lot of money and lives.

"The subject of leaving Iraq shows a sharp partisan divide � 65 percent of Democrats think it would help the economy a lot, but only 18 percent of Republicans think so."

Most of our Repubs fall in the upper middle class and above income category. Of course they don't want their money tree to wilt!

"Also, 48 percent of homeowners polled worried that the value of their homes would drop. The housing bust has led to record-high foreclosures, and weaker home values have made people feel less wealthy."

Whatever goes up must come down, I am glad I have hung onto my paid off adobe home in my town in Southern Az...someday it will be a really big ghost town when the water dries up. After all, it is a desert!

"Who deserves most of the blame for the economy's troubles?

More than half � 56 percent � pointed the finger at mortgage lenders. Forty-four percent said Bush deserves a lot of the blame. After that come Congress, Wall Street, consumers themselves and in last place the Federal Reserve."

I like the Bush theory. Maybe the value of his ranch in Crawford has dropped. Now that would be poetic justice

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic