IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - God and Allah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

God and Allah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anatolian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: God and Allah
    Posted: 07 February 2008 at 12:19am
Muslims believe both are same.

In a Christian perspective I see quite a bit of difference concerning the
message of both God (Judeo-Christian) and Islam's Allah.

Thoughts anyone?
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 8:04am

Originally posted by Anatolian Anatolian wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

First off clarify your critique on God and Allah besides stating that there is a difference. What difference are you referring? The words themselves or the idea of both? The attrbutes?

The Guided One View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guided One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 12:48pm

In the Name Of the Creator the Most Gracious the Most Merciful.

Peace, Blessings and Mercy of the Creator of all that exist be with you.

There is a Being whom there is none co-equal to Him, He alone Created all that exist the earth and the heavens and all that dwell in them. He has been sending Messengers and Prophets ever since the Creation of Humankind His common name which no one will doubt is "The Creator of all that Exist" The Originator.

Each one of you recognize Him as Your Creator and you call Him my Creator in your own languages.

No matter what you call Him you are saying The Creator, the Originator.

So don't waste your time saying my word is Him and your word is not Him. You are all referring to the Creator of all that exist, so wake-up Think Deeply and Start a Good Fresh Relationship with Him and do what He loves the most which are Truth, Honest, Sincerity, Patience, Learning, Teaching and Deep Thinking then Obeying Him.

Do not waste your time writing, reading and thinking about something that does not benefit you.

Remember Your Creator and Build a Good Fresh Relationship with Him and ask  for Guidance.

Learn about His Messengers and Prophets and Read His Speech to you the Recitation (The Quran) ask your Creator to make you the Follower of His Last Messenger Mohammed Peace and Blessings of Him be with him.

May the Creator of All that exist your Creator and my Creator Guide us all to the Straight Path ameen.

Peace, Blessings, and Mercy of the Creator be with you.

Edited by The Guided One
A. Suleiman
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 5:58pm

Originally posted by Anatolian Anatolian wrote:

Thoughts anyone?

"muslims believe both are same" that is because it is the same. Allah is arabic for God. Funny how some people forget about the arab christians

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Anatolian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anatolian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 12:05am
Angel, you are correct Arab Christians use the name Allah for God. But what
I meant to ask here is not the difference in name but the difference in
commands given to Muhammed from Gabriel, who was sent according to
Muhammed by Allah, the Allah of the Christians and Jews. But Christians and
Jews do not follow this later version of The Creator, in which Islam is based
on solely. The difference in teachings and commands when you compare
Judeo-Christian basics and Islam is wide yet there are obvious similarities
which accounts for the Jewish and Christian presence and influence in Arabia
prior to the Islamic movement of the 7th century.
myahya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myahya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 1:53am

Do you mean the differences in commands make some Christian and Jewish people avoid following Islam?

Assume there was NO difference in ANY command between Islam and Judaism or Christianity. Then Islam would be whether Judaism or Christianity not Islam. On the other hand, if there is no difference between Judaism and Christianity, why Jews do not follow Christianity? Furthermore, in Quran it is mentioned that some of them will not follow Islam and say: �we want to be like what our fathers used to be�.  This means exactly the same. They say there should be NO difference. But this is God who says there should be difference or not.

However, I think the basics are indeed the same. I see consensus in all prophets. The first and most important basic of all is to believe in God, who is unseen and who is one and only one. The basic is to follow what God like and worship him. The basic is to believe in unseen. I believe that all 124000 prophets including Adam, Nooh, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and the last one, Mohammad (sawa), are from one and only one God and all of them have performed their mission.  

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 2:10am

I believe that all 124000 prophets including Adam, Nooh, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and the last one, Mohammad (sawa), are from one and only one God and all of them have performed their mission

If Allah looked after the people on earth since the beginning of time(ie 124000 prophets) then why does He not feel it neceesary for us to have a prophet now? I am muslim, and have every belief on the Prophet Muhammad and the Qur'an, but on the basis of history, it looks like Allah is denying us someone who can lead and guide us in these days.

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2008 at 2:37am
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

I am muslim, and have every belief on the Prophet Muhammad and the Qur'an, but on the basis of history, it looks like Allah is denying us someone who can lead and guide us in these days.

Dear, Dear Martha....how I am biting my tongue.  God love you, I am smiling right now.

Anyway,  As a member of a "different" Christian Tradition, I just can't understand how a different interpretation makes for a different being.

The Quran clearly states that the Revelation is by the Angel Gabrielle (who appears in both Jewish and Christian Scripture) appeared to Muhammed (pbuh) with word from God to bring the Pagan peoples away from their false gods.

Now, given my sect believes Muhammed (pbuh) to have been one of the many prophets given a portion of the truth, then this is even easier for me.  But lets just analyze the basics.

Two people can look at the same person and give completely different descriptions of that person.

Example, I think that President Clinton was a pretty good president even with the infidelity.  However, an evangelical Christian Republican would think he was one of the worst presidents in history.  Both of us could present facts to make our arguments true.  Does that mean there are two Bill Clintons.  Of course not.

Islam is an extension of the two faiths that came before it.  It rejects the previous faiths as having become corrupted and needed correcting.  Does this change who God is?  No, it only changes the interpretation of what God WANTs from his creations.  Its still the same God.

We are humans, mortal, imperfect and with freewill and conscience reason.  No two Christians will give the exact same believe on the Nature of God, neither will two Muslims.  But its the same God.  One God, One Being.  Many have claimed over the Centuries to have talked with God, his angels or his Son.  But, only Faith tells us which ones to believe and which ones to reject. 

God is God.  That doesn't change, no matter what word you use for him.  God is God, no matter whether you believe he's an old man with a white beard (children's drawings), a formless cosmic force, embodied in the flesh of a jewish rabbi who was crucified or a man of flesh exalted and perfected.   Fact is, none of us know for sure what God is like.  We have faith in our scriptures and prophets to tell us.  But, we won't know until that Last Day when we come before him.

The best anyone can do is have faith in God Almighty and that his perfection will outway any imperfection in our understanding.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
  Share Topic