IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Female Circumcision  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Female Circumcision

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nur_Ilahi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 6:44am

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

(Bangs his head on keyboard)

Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 8:29am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

Angela give me a break!

this thread is not about who cheats more its about making blanket statements without proof

You asked for proof....you got it.  I'm just showing that a statement can be made that is generally known to be true that doesn't always require one to show "proof".

Generally, I can say that lemons are sour, asprin is bitter and peaches are sweet.  Does that mean I have to post the data every time.

The issue here is that proof after proof after proof has been given that the clitoris has nothing to do with libido.  Yet, the poster can't get it.  Its a cultural thing that has no medical fact. 

Religious tradition or not, there is ABSOLUTELY NO MEDICAL OR SOCIAL BENEFIT to trimming the clitoris.  Whereas, there is lots of scientific data to support a medical benefit to male circumcision to reduce infection and disease.

You need to stop being hypersensitive.  You're worse than a woman.

Skeptic View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 6:00am
"And as it is MEN who are much more likely to cheat, fornicate, why aren't we doing it to them."

I don't know about the Muslim world, but in the West, women are just as prone to infidelity as men are. As I believe human nature is the same in every society, I think it is merely more suppressed amongst Muslim women.

Men do have their genitals mutilated in Islam to reduce their pleasure. It's called circumcision!

Circumcision destroys most of the nerve endings in the penis, and is therefore a form of emasculation. The foreskin also has many other important functions, plus some which aren't understood yet. It is far from "just a piece of skin" that many assume it to be. It has a highly complex structure, and is an important and integral part of the intact man's sexual functioning.

The justification for it in Islam has always eluded me. It looks to me more like the adoption of a Pagan blood sacrifice, as it was for the Jews. I've read of Muslims who oppose the practise, claiming it defiles Allah's perfect creation. That the Quran warns that Satan will try to persuade people to change Allah's creation. Is not altering the genitals of children an example of Satanic evil then? I'd be interested to hear the viewpoint of Muslims on this.
Skeptic View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 6:11am
"Whereas, there is lots of scientific data to support a medical benefit to male circumcision to reduce infection and disease."

There's junk science that claims this, created by people pushing circumcision for fetish reasons.

No medical authority supports circumcision for medical reasons anywhere in the world. Organisations like the World Health Organisation are political bodies.

You should have a look at the circumstitions website.
semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 2:03pm
But even many non mulims doctor sugest to do circumcision, to get cleaner" penis. IMHO, the suggestion is not baseless, they have the knowledge on this things.
Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Skeptic View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skeptic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 5:22pm
What's wrong with washing to keep clean? Should you cut off your child's ears to save them from having to wash them? What about their mouth? Mouths are full of bacteria.

There's a lot of untruths spread on this issue. Check out the circumstitions.com website, for an analysis of the misinformation that is out there.

In addition to people who believe in circumcision for religious reasons, erroneously in my opinion, there are greedy doctors and hospitals profiting from it. There are also fetishists who are sexually aroused by such things!

I've been interacting with a sizeable number of Muslims lately and have been curious about your religion, hence my presence here. I've watched Imams answering questions on a range of religious issues, including circumcision. They make the same point about cleanliness or preventing disease. I'm sorry to say that they are mistaken on this issue. About 85% of the males on this planet are intact and suffer no inconvenience as a result, health-wise. There are even populations of Muslims who do not do it. There are Muslim men in the West of Pakistan who don't do this in certain tribes.

Check out this website run by Muslims who oppose circumcision, one of several I have come across.
http://www.quranicpath.com/misconceptions/circumcision.html
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic