IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > General Islamic Matter
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 24 RULES TO GET THE NEARNESS OF ALLAH  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

24 RULES TO GET THE NEARNESS OF ALLAH

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 24 RULES TO GET THE NEARNESS OF ALLAH
    Posted: 18 January 2008 at 10:54pm

1.  Start off each day with 'adhkaar al-istiyqaadh' (waking up

Supplications), thanking Allah for waking up in good shape.

2.  Put Allah first in your life.

3.  Broaden your horizons - learn 5 new verses from the Quran every day, travel to pray far in the mosque to brighten your day,take up a booklet having supplications and read them.

4.  Pray Salaat Al-dhuhaa (after sunrise).

5.  If someone says something mean ;to you, just shrug it off and Dismissed  it in a friendly, laid back manner, and pray that Allah shall forgive them.

6.  When you get angry, remember Allah, and how short and worthless life is to waste in being Angry.

7.  Remember that you can never have too many friends, but you can have few quality friends that help you fulfill the purpose of your creation ( i.e. live for Allah).

8.  When you're happy, try to share your happiness with others. Thank Allah for that, and pray its continuation.

9.  When something bad or embarrassing happens to you, just think that it could always be worse, remember the reward of patience,and thank Allah that it's not worse than it is.

10. Do something extra of goodness once in a while, like feeding a poor person, or caressing an orphan's head.

11. Never stop believing that you can win Allah's love and thus work For it. Then you can win the love of Allah's slaves.

12. Spend some time thinking of Allah's amazing creation. 

13. Always love those who love Allah unconditionally. This way you will ensure that you live for Him, love for Him, and hate for Him (those who are enemies of Him).

14. Find the righteous ways to express yourself, and if you think that what you are about to say shall cause no benefit, maintain silence (this is tough!!).

15. Every now and then, give yourself a break. Play sports, give time to your family, friends, but always remember Allah and watch that He is watching you.

16. Pray for blessing to come to those being lost, and pray to Allah to guide them to the right path.

17. Hug your parents, kiss their hands and heads and always obey but stop at Allah's orders.

18. Smile to everyone, for your smile makes a big difference to him or her and you are rewarded.

19. Forgive, forget and smile. 

20. Tears are not for women only... tears are for all human beings with feelings remaining in them. Don't restrain your tears when remembering Allah.

21. When people criticize your actions and effort, revise your actions and see if they please Allah or no. If they do; then ignore and remember how the Prophet (SAAW) and the Sahaba were criticized, made fun of and even physically harmed, so have patience. 

22. Read the Quran daily and try to have a schedule for completing it as much as you could. As you open the Quran daily, read with observing not just passing your eyes through the words.

23. Don't let popularity go to your head, for it never lasts and you may lose from it more than gain.

24. Never look down on anybody, for, to Allah, they may be better than you.

And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 1:09am
Truth I really like your post, very spiritually rejuvenating and helpful a great tool for the everyday Muslim.
Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 1:36am
Assalamo Alaykum Brother Israfil.

I am glad you find it that way. May we follow most of those rules although that is just a part of soooooooo many ways in getting near to Him, mashallah.

Take care brother. May Allah guide us always.
And those who annoy believing men and women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a glaring sin. Quran33:59
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 8:52am
Ameen
The Guided One View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guided One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 11:56am

Asalamu Aleykum warah matulahi wa barakatuh,

Brother Truth_light_24, thanks for the excellent advice, may Allah make us those that follow him and do good deeds for the sake of Allah,ameen

Alhamdulilah, Allahu Akbar, Subhana Allah, Shukran Akhi, Excellent post.

Asalamu Aleykum warah matulahi wa barakatuh

A. Suleiman
Truth_light24 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truth_light24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2008 at 6:24pm
Brother Suleiman,

According to the Hadith of the Prophet in Sahih Bukhari that the love of a mother to her baby is only 1% of the love of Allah towards His creation? Sobhanallah. He loves us 99% more than our own mothers!

They say we should love and fear Allah. Yes we should love Him more than anything else in the whole world. He gave us all that we have..everything! I fear Allah, for His punishment is so severe... but that is not the only reason why I fear Him. I fear of losing the Love that He has given me, by making me who I am today. I am not rich or highly intellectual person, but I have peace of mind and inner happiness, contentment that I never thought I could have.

Maybe it is wrong for me to say that Allah to me is like a friend but thats how I feel about HIM. I know that He is always by my side, looking at me in every single moment of my being. That He will be with me at the time of my death, and take care of me in the grave. Where there will be no shade in the Hereafter, He will put me in His shade and smile at me when one needs to answer for his deeds...sobhanallah. That thought alone makes me love Him even deeper and deeper...and makes me want to be near Him as much as I can.

Loving Him means loving the prophet (pbuh). The prophet has sacrificed so much, just to reach out and help his ummah realized the existence of Allah, the All-Mighty. Imagine him walking on foot? Going places? Fighting for the cause of Jihad? Sobhanallah!

Take care brother. Remember, Islam is not for praying and worshiping alone, it goes deeper than that.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic