IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Africa
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sudan  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sudan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 2:51pm

I disagree that they are not a threat to all muslims because they are those who twist the faith to justify the killing of other muslims which is as I read my Quran wrong. I do agree that they are not as bad as the infidels who kill muslims for the sake of killing muslims because the muslims who kill muslims do have a belief, or in their mind a justified reason for their acts.That is why I just wanted clarifaction on the stance of the mindset of Arabs in Islam in regard to blacks.

Dinka View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 6:55am

Knowledge,

I am Dinka, originally from southern Sudan. I have seen many friends and family killed by muslim regime,some, for the simple reason they did not convert to Islam. I am not saying that is real islam, but that is how it is practiced there. You seem to blaim all slavery on Europeans, but Arab muslims have been the biggest slavers throughout east Africa. I grew up in sudan, the only people to show kindness to our people were catholic sudanese, and italian priests,(I am not Catholic) who have been killed along with us standing up to muslim fanatics. I know europeans did much evil to african people, but never think the arabs and muslims are innocent in this. If you are proud to be African, than dont be Christian or Muslim, these are both Semitic, foreign religions, your original African brothers and sisters practice animist beliefs as I do. You should read about John Garang, and even former nba player Manute Bol, as to what Muslims have done to his country. He cannot even return to Sudan.

Dinka View Drop Down
Starter
Starter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dinka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 7:11am

There is evil and good in all groups of people, but everyone wants to unite to hate a common enemy. That common enemy should be hate  and ignorance, cause that is what kills. We had slavery in africa, tribe to tribe, than white man came (arab and European) and fellow africans sold their own slaves to the whites. The descendents of American blacks were originally the slaves of the ruling africans. Of coarse, Your misled sheep like malcolm X bought the lies, that islam is the true religion for africans, afterall they treated this celebrity so well at Hajj. Let me tell you what Arab colonialism created- black sudanese, somalis, ethiopians, cxalling themselves arabs because they were made to hate there blackness, just as your europeans duped american blacks into believing. Well anyway, history will be the final judge, lets sit back and look at all the peace Islam has brought into the world.

Azzam View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Azzam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2005 at 8:16am
Mr. Dinka, you make me laugh. Your idol Garang is burning now in hell, because he is getting punished for killing hundreds of thousands of Muslims.
To the sceptical rest: Believe me, Sudan has problems en masse, but it is not by far so bad like you hear in the media. You should come and visit us.
usama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 6:57am

It is easy to sling accusations back and forth. And indeed, Muslims have been responsible for many crimes and atrocities in Africa and Sudan.  Yet, Muslim and nonMuslim miss the ultimate reality: that Islam is the solution for mankind, not just as a religion, but as a political system that offers guidance for man's affairs in this life.

Africa is plagued with numerous chronic, geo-political problems which continue to exacerbate the struggle of simply daily life.  Sudan is a prime of example of this. Africa is carved up into nations which are incompatible or inconsistent with the authority of the governments empowered over them.  All across Africa are nations with borders drawn in the dirt.  In reality, foreign powers drew those lines.  In reality, the people of the regions are forced to accept what the foreign powers have designed for them. As well, generations of ruthless rulers have been supported by those foreign powers to maintain those nations. That is the postcolonial era.

Sudan is representative of this problem. The Southern Sudanese, as a minority, have resisted the majority since the inception of Sudan. Their resistance has been incited and supported by foreign powers and even neighboring nations who seek to benefit from the strife and weakness of their neighbors.  Similarly in Iraq, the Kurds represent a minority to the majority Arab (Sunni and Shia). but America has incited and supported Kurdish rebellion and resistance to the Iraqi central govt.  But in reality: a Kurdish state carved out of Iraq would be a weak and unwelcomed nation by its neighbors, rendering it in need of foreign protection, namely American protection. 

An autonomous southern Sudan would also be a weak nation: landlocked and surrounded by more established nations. It would need the protection of a foreign power, namely America. 

The same would apply to a future autonomous Darfur region with its oil resources.  It too would require a foreign supporter: America.

This is the history of so many nations.

The reality remains the same as long as Africa accepts nation states as their mechanism of governance, identity, leadership.

usama View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 7:15am

Islam offers a new reality:

*that the resources of a state belong to all people. Muslim or nonMuslim, and the state only manages it for them.

*that mentality and identity is based one's individual choice rather than the fate of which they were born into.

*that rather than men full of prejudice and ignorance being empowered to make laws over them, the legislator and sovereign of a people is their Creator while they only have to work to administer and govern thereby.

*that commerce and trade and travel is open to all who live therein and the borders are not drawn by foreign powers but by the will of the people.

Africa does not have a unifying ideology.  America was unified by the will of its people. The borders of America were defined by the will of the people. Africa has no unifying will.  And as much as modern African politicans talk of a unified African Union like in Europe's EU, the reality remains that modern Africa is still the product of foreign will, not its people's will. Moreover, foreign powers continue to exert their will on the people of Africa throughout in so many ways, including clandestine military operations.  

Dinka, I hope you realize at least some of this. That foreigners have been infiltrating and manipulating the affairs in Africa for centuries. g Islam offers distinct from secularism, animism, democracy, etc, a bond that potentially can bind all the people of AFrica with people from around the world including with the East Asians, Europeans, Americans, Arabs, Latinos free of superiority or dominance of one over another.

Abeer23 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abeer23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 10:03am

Dinka, just want to make a correction here.  Ethiopians do not call themselves arabs.  You may find a few tribes mixed with Arab but that doesn't make everyone Arab.   Believe it or not, Ethiopians are proud of their heritage.

Tayyibmusawwir View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tayyibmusawwir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2006 at 6:25am
As Salammu Alaikum my name tayyib i'm african american muself whats up my brotha Jamal far has darfur is consurn we need to fight kill Janjaweeds to save brothers sisters childin  makes me sick da they called demselfs muslims murderin other black muslims but ain't supizein cause arabs hate our behinds Jamal know what i'm sayin partna so somein has be done aight peace
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic