IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Benazir Bhutto Assassinated  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Benazir Bhutto Assassinated

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 7:13am
True imp87, if she was so corrupt and hated, why did she draw so many supporters inside Pakistan.

I could care less what my government wants.  I want to see real democracy and real law and justice.  Blowing people up isn't either, no matter what the target is.

I'm off to bed...
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 7:17am
Our people are uneducated masses easily manipulated by false promises.

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 7:18am

It is not good news to hear about Benazir Bhutto. Pakistan already is in a critical situation. This will only enhance the difficulties. Whether we agree with her ideas does not give the right to assasinate her.

As she was apparently shot first by the man, why did he detonate a bomb to kill others, namely himself? He was probably too scared himself to survive the consequences. He will certainly not be welcomed to Heaven. So guess he will rot in hell. Rightly so.

Now we will see more innocent lives lost. Why dont assassins think before they act.(this is not a question thanks)

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
imp87 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imp87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 7:35am

ak_m_f

Our people are uneducated masses easily manipulated by false promises.

Same with every country brother, but why not show these people an alternative, some one who is not corrupt, which I doubt we can find. It�s like saying the system or the people are bad so lets get rid of it, but when it is gone we have nothing better or different to offer them.

Im in no way defending her, but I don�t think the people who carried out this event care much about Pakistans future or the peoples lives, no different from the powers behind the agents your talking about. Im sure this was there plan and now there rejoicing themselves.

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 8:22am

imp87 you said:

Same with every country brother

I disagree. I think there are countries in the Middle East where there are large portions of people who are more uneduated than people in other countries. If Religious studies are more dominant than obviously other subjects such as the sciences etc will lack, or will be grossly misinterpretated because of religious influence.

I woke up this morning to hear the news that this woman (Bhutto) was assassinated. Very sad. Brother AK is more knowledgable of this subject as I am so I will stop there as far as what I thibnk about this entire situation. From what I read from the L.A. times, this woman had some issues with PM Pervez Musharraff (I may have mispelled his name). I don't know if this woman was corrupt or not and it would be easy for me to make conclusions based on my heart, but that would be an unfair analysis of the situation. But what I will say is, is that its wrong to kill people for their beliefs and actions (if they do not physically harm you directly). But, politics is a deadly game sometimes.

Martha you said:

"He will certainly not be welcomed to Heaven. So guess he will rot in hell."

How do you know that? Many Muslim fanatics believe if you kill in the name of Allah in combat, this action alone makes you a martyr which is instant paradise.

Edited by Israfil
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 8:35am
Go to charges of corruption section and read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benazir_Bhutto
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 8:52am

Israfil,

Show me that todays events were done for the sake of Islam then I will most definately retract my statement.

You said  ' But what I will say is, is that its wrong to kill people for their beliefs and actions (if they do not physically harm you directly'.

This is in agreement with my words. And many muslim fanatics do not understand Islam sufficiently enough to allow them the right to enter paradise. If they did understand  they would not act in this way. Just saying the words 'in the name of Allah' is not sufficient for them to gain entry to paradise.  

You have already said it was wrong. If it is wrong Islamically then this mans fate is sealed. What good reason was there on his part then?

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2007 at 9:39am
Martha I don't know the reason why the assassin decide to kill Bhutto. I'm speaking from what reearchers as well as reporters have indicated by fanatics within the Muslim ranks. There so many variables to consider why an individual decides to kill him/herself and another individual. In addition, a lot of Muslim fanatics in our contemporary world believe if the intent is met with action for the sake of Allah they (those who indoctrine the ignorant into killing themselves) believe that this action will admit someone in paradise.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic