IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ibn Baz Wakes His Children For Salah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ibn Baz Wakes His Children For Salah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2007 at 3:11pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Sister I don't have a grudge against anyone who does not agree with me, so there is no need for a new thread.

Your comments were directed to me even though you were responding to the brother's comments, and I had responded as such.

We have walked down this road many times in the past. Quote from the Quran or Sunnah about Hell-fire or punishment, or accountability and you get offended. Only Allah knows why?

May Allah forgive me for abusing His Name to prove a point.�meen

He knows my intention and He will reward me or punishment me as He feels fits.

Have a good day Sister,

Wa Alaikum Salam

Edited by Alwardah
�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2007 at 6:48pm
Salaamu Alaykum,

The green are the new comments.  I disagree with the sister and think this "discussion" should be placed in the Infighting section.  The reason I made my initial response to her comments was I believe to stand up for a brother's gallant behavior toward her not well-considered remarks.  It's just amazingly uncool that as she is a moderator some of those remarks have disappeared without having been "edited".

Your comments were directed to me even though you were responding to the brother's comments, and I had responded as such.

They were just ABOUT those who do what you do as well.

Quote from the Quran or Sunnah about Hell-fire or punishment, or accountability and you get offended. Only Allah knows why?

This quote of mine below that I posted above disproves THAT theory.  Why don't you try and think about the things I have said to you rather than summarily dismiss them and cast spurious insinuations on my character?

I remind you of this Hadith Qudsi:  When Allah, SWT, created this earth, He promised that his Mercy is Greater Than His Wrath.

May Allah forgive me for abusing His Name to prove a point.�meen

Sister Flower, you haven't proven any point other than that you persist without considering what I am saying to you, and look for ways to discredit my posts.  I am right about this small mistake in your posts.  Please consider it.  I beseech you to do so. 

Why don't I take offense?  Darling, I don't even KNOW you!  Okay.  I have met many like you at the mosque, but I don't know YOU.  I have so many more serious things to consider than this unfortunately very common behavior.

Don't you realize that I could do the same thing?  I could say my opinion, let you post yours, and then quote a random passage of the Holy Quran saying people who do this or that will go to the fires of hell, as if that would have anything to do with what you just said.  This is the mad methodology that you employ!

And unlike you, I won't abuse the Glorious name of my beloved Allah, The Ubiquitous.  Why would you say such a thing? (Again, Dear Flower, this last paragraph is rhetorical, meaning NOT requiring a response.)

Have a nice day?  Wow.  I'd hate to see the expression on your face when you wrote that.

Salaamu Alaykum
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2007 at 6:57pm

My dear sisters, please do shed off the coldness of your hearts. Its satan who 's waving between you. Please, let's not hurt each other, remember, these days are very auspicious. Hope you solve yourselves thru PMs.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 3:40pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu Sister Herijihad

If I did attack you or Brother Andalus, then Insha Allah I will apologize and beg Allah�s forgiveness.

Your comment was in respond to Bro Andalus response to my post. Correct.

Your comment:

Generally I agree with your assesment, and I appreciate your opinions on this.  This is a discussion board, and we should always be careful of what we say, do think, write, comment, and post.  When people post threats of Allah, The Most Loving, to prove their points and as if their points were completely supported By Allah, The All-Knowing, and the person they are disagreeing with is opposing our Loving Lord, I find it distasteful, inappropriate, and childish

So where did I post threats of Allah to brother Andalus, show me, where did I use Allah Subhanahu wa Ta�ala�s name in an inappropriate manner to prove my point, Or maybe the �people� did not refer to me. I doubt it because if it did, all you had to do was say so, that you did not refer to me and were speaking generally. If I made a mistake and jumped to the wrong conclusions because of our past discussions, then all you had to do was correct that misconception.

All I pointed out to brother Andalus is that ibn Baz is dead, and he Brother Andalus still has time to repent��.is that a threat. To me that is a Nasiha��.. Masha Allah brother Andalus has a good knowledge of the scholars and their background and he also has a good knowledge about Islam, so basically I was disappointed he found my Nasiha as emotional. No problem, I explained my point to him, in my next post. Maybe that post was the one in which I threaten the brother by reminding him that we are accountable for all our actions big or small. It was no threat to you brother it is a fact repeated many times in the Glorious Qur'an. Oops using the Qur'an again to prove my point���but it�s not an opinion sister it is a fact. I don�t use Qur'an or Hadith for opinions only to prove a point, a fact.

Sister you can call me childish and an idiot or what ever you fancy, I don�t mind but don�t say that I threaten the brother because I asked him to repent, or accuse me of posting threats of Allah, the Most Loving, to prove my points. If Ayah from the Glorious Qur'an or Sunnah are used in support then Insha Allah, Allah�s support is there as well. The disagreeing person can also quote from the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah to substantiate their point of view. This is the general principle, agreeing to disagree with evidence.

Brother Andalus, if you took my post as an attack on you, you should have said so in the first place. Be honest from the start, there was no need for you to say:

Sister, I completely respect you, and I am always refreshed by your good will and honesty,�������.

Some times, we are so busy worrying about the faults of others that we fail to see our own. We are all human and we all make mistakes, if we don�t make mistakes we cannot learn; and the beauty of all this is that the channels are open to seek forgiveness from each other.

I would have asked your forgiveness immediately brother Andalus if you felt that I attacked you.

I would have even asked your forgiveness immediately sister Herjihad if only you stated that your comment was general; not anyone in particular and definitely not me. All this unpleasantness would have being avoided.

The reason why I do not respond to your comments sister, point-to-point, is I have a bad habit of quoting from the Glorious Qur'an and Sunnah in support of what I need to say as you know. So I try to be brief to avoid an even worse confrontation with you, which ever way we go, it turns sour.

Thanks for reminding me about that beautiful Hadith Qudsi.  Insha Allah, Allah will reward you with Khairan both in this world and the next. Ameen!

These are happy days - its Eid Al-Adha if I hurt you sister or brother Andalus in anyway, I beg your forgiveness if you have it in your hearts to forgive me.

Eid Mubarak to everyone

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 3:43pm
Salaams!  Great advice, Brother!

Originally posted by seekshidayath seekshidayath wrote:

My dear sisters, please do shed off the coldness of your hearts. Its satan who 's waving between you. Please, let's not hurt each other, remember, these days are very auspicious. Hope you solve yourselves thru PMs.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 4:46pm

Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

Brother Andalus, if you took my post as an attack on you, you should have said so in the first place. Be honest from the start, there was no need for you to say:

Sister, I completely respect you, and I am always refreshed by your good will and honesty,�������.

Slow down sister. I have not read every detail of this thread since my last reply due to time problems.

I have never been offended by anything you have said and I was honest with you and I have no problem with you and there is nothing to ask forgiveness for. :) Really!!

Slow down Sis! I am sooooo busy right now and hope to participate again later this week. May Allah forgive us all.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 3:26am
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

Slow down sister. I have not read every detail of this thread since my last reply due to time problems.

I have never been offended by anything you have said and I was honest with you and I have no problem with you and there is nothing to ask forgiveness for. :) Really!!

Slow down Sis! I am sooooo busy right now and hope to participate again later this week. May Allah forgive us all.

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu Brother

Jazakallahu Khairan for your response, you have relieved me from a great burden.

Ameen! To your Dua

Wa Alaikum Salam

Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 9:47pm

Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu Brother

Jazakallahu Khairan for your response, you have relieved me from a great burden.

Ameen! To your Dua

Wa Alaikum Salam

Assalam Aleikum!

Sr, there should never have been a burden and now I feel bad.

Sister, I have THICK skin. Really. I do thank you for your concern, and the forum is blessed to have you here in it. Thank you for coming back.

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic