IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ibn Baz Wakes His Children For Salah  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ibn Baz Wakes His Children For Salah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2007 at 4:38pm

Originally posted by Knowledge01 Knowledge01 wrote:

Please move this topic back to where it was because this is not the appropriate section for it.

Assalamu Alaikum,

Brother, with all due respect, this is where such discussions belong. May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2007 at 8:12am
Originally posted by Alwardah Alwardah wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum

Bro Andulus, I still don�t understand your immense dislike for the wahabi scholars as you call them.

It is not personal. It is not the individuals per say, or what kind of people they were. It is about the ideology they espouse which is the anti thesis to over a thousand years of scholarship that has served Muslims for generations. It is the anti thesis to solid pieces of work that we now call the four madhabs which is the product of centuries of scholarship by people who were experts in their field and fulfilled the qualifications and standards set into place by the ulema to ensure that "muqliids" would have actual experts to go to, no different than one would want if one were to seek out a surgeon or engineer or a baker.

Being that they are the anti thesis to a methdology that is at the foundation of what millions follow and ahere to, the real question should be, why do you support and promote such men who represent such an ideology.

There are many in the Muslim world who cherish their works����give it a break brother.

And there are millions more who would like to bury their works.

And it was only that oil money was in abundance that any of their works ever saw the light of day. Kitab A Tawheed, Fiqh Assunah, or any of the works by the self trained muhadithun Albani, are thought of by a minority as being actual classics is due to the massive oil money that went behind their translating and production and distribution, while not deemed as much as a serious read by any reputable scholar of the four schools of fiqh.

Shaikh ibn Baz (Rahimahullah) has already met His Lord, you still have time to repent���make good use of that time.

May Allah forgive us for our foolishness. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

Sister, I completely respect you, and I am always refreshed by your good will and honesty, and you are so right on so many different levels with the above statement, and on a lot of other things you say and contribute to this fourm. But in this context, we simply cannot appeal to emotion.

Assalam Aleikum

Edited by Andalus
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2007 at 4:43pm
This topic was posted in order to increase the love and respect for the Sheikh. If your not going to say words with this in mind, then don't say any at all because that would only incease the chances of fitnah.

I advise all, including myself to fear Allahu subhanahu wa ta'ala.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2007 at 6:26pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Bro Andalus,

You are so right there are many who cherish their works (the wahabi scholars) and many who bury them and I guess as far as the scholars are concerned I do tend to get emotional. 

There is far too much scholar bashing on the internet for the past few years��okay you say you are not bashing the wahabi scholars and they say they are not bashing the Bid'ah scholars��..to me both are bashing each other. That hurts.

Maybe your intention is good, they also say their intention is good��Insha Allah, Allah will be the final judge.

At the end of the day, we all can choose what to read and what to trash and we are only accountable for ourselves���but a word of caution to myself firstly and then to the rest of the members of this forum. We will also be accountable for each and every letter we type, our hands, feet, eyes ears, all our faculties are going to bear witness for or against us. So beware brothers and sisters.

Bro Knowledge, you posted a very good Dua. May Allah reward you for sharing it with us. Ameen! You know the more negative articles I read about any scholar, it arouses my curiosity to read more about them. I end up respecting them more than the scholars who wrote the negative articles about them. For me it works both ways.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala bless us with useful knowledge. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2007 at 7:47pm

The Ahle Hadith (Wahhabi) leaders may have many good things with them. But I noticed that they are Ghair Muqallid (do not follow any one) and they do not respect/ believe in the good work done by the many scholars of the Ummah.... such as the Imams of the four Fiqah.

If ever any argument is presented to the Ahle Hadith friends with some support from any scholar, they do not accept it and they say that they follow only the prophet s.a.w.s. Such attitude creates problems. When they do not trust any other scholar then how the others will look to Bin Baaz or any other Ahle Hadith person for guidance !!

If Bin Baaz wakes up his children for the morning prayer then that is very good of him and his children will benefit. But that sort of thing is being done by many other good Muslims too. Was it necessary to mention what Bin Baaz sahib was doing??

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 4:56am
Originally posted by Andalus Andalus wrote:

As Salamu Alaikum

Bro Andulus, I still don�t understand your immense dislike for the wahabi scholars as you call them.

It is not personal. It is not the individuals per say, or what kind of people they were. It is about the ideology they espouse which is the anti thesis to over a thousand years of scholarship that has served Muslims for generations. It is the anti thesis to solid pieces of work that we now call the four madhabs which is the product of centuries of scholarship by people who were experts in their field and fulfilled the qualifications and standards set into place by the ulema to ensure that "muqliids" would have actual experts to go to, no different than one would want if one were to seek out a surgeon or engineer or a baker.

Being that they are the anti thesis to a methdology that is at the foundation of what millions follow and ahere to, the real question should be, why do you support and promote such men who represent such an ideology.

There are many in the Muslim world who cherish their works����give it a break brother.

And there are millions more who would like to bury their works.

And it was only that oil money was in abundance that any of their works ever saw the light of day. Kitab A Tawheed, Fiqh Assunah, or any of the works by the self trained muhadithun Albani, are thought of by a minority as being actual classics is due to the massive oil money that went behind their translating and production and distribution, while not deemed as much as a serious read by any reputable scholar of the four schools of fiqh.

Shaikh ibn Baz (Rahimahullah) has already met His Lord, you still have time to repent���make good use of that time.

May Allah forgive us for our foolishness. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam

Sister, I completely respect you, and I am always refreshed by your good will and honesty, and you are so right on so many different levels with the above statement, and on a lot of other things you say and contribute to this fourm. But in this context, we simply cannot appeal to emotion.

Assalam Aleikum

Salaamu Alaykum,

JAK for that succint explanation, Brother Andalus.  I had actually taken the time to look up some things about the Brother Ibn Baaz in a few places.  I appreciate your comments as well as knowing that some of our Brothers and Sisters admire this person.  Generally I agree with your assesment, and I appreciate your opinions on this.  This is a discussion board, and we should always be careful of what we say, do think, write, comment, and post.  When people post threats of Allah, The Most Loving, to prove their points and as if their points were completely supported By Allah, The All-Knowing, and the person they are disagreeing with is opposing our Loving Lord, I find it distasteful, inappropriate, and childish.  Your response, however, was mature and thoughtful.  JAK.

Sorry, Brother Knowledge that you intended this to be a tribute to the man's good qualities, and that is why I didn't post anything after I researched and realized who this person was and some of the other things he has done and caused to be done through his teachings.

However, when we post things here, we need to expect that people will disagree with us.  Maybe you could entitle it:  A Tribute to Ibn Baaz, no negative comments please" ?

Any good deed will be reward by Allah, The Just, and waking children lovingly and consistently for Salat is certainly one of them.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2007 at 4:20pm

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

When one talks about accountability before Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala on the Day of Judgment I don�t see how that translates to threats. If someone sees that as a threat then they are denying almost half the teachings of the Glorious Qur'an.

My comments have always being distasteful and inappropriate and childish to you sister Herjihad whenever I quote from the Glorious Qur'an or Hadith pointing to Allah�s punishment.

Just as any good deed is reward by the Most Loving, Most Merciful Allah so will every bad or evil deed be punished by the same Most Loving, Most Merciful Allah. HE has told us so many times in the Glorious Qur'an.

Furthermore this is a discussion forum, so we should not be painting a rosy picture for people who are trying to find the true teachings of Islam- that there is only reward and no punishment. Its only when we realize that we will be accountable for our actions that we strive to do good and refrain from doing evil.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala guide us and save us from our shortcomings. Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2007 at 10:38am
Salaamu Alaykum Sister Flower,

I chose to answer you in the brother's thread as I really don't know where else to put this response to you.  My comments were a compliment to the Brother for his restrained and even gallant response to your ATTACKS.  So that was relevant.  However, your comments to me really weren't.  You should have opened a new thread entitled, "My Grudge against all who don't believe EXACTLY as I do."

Peace

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

When one talks about accountability before Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala on the Day of Judgment I don�t see how that translates to threats. If someone sees that as a threat then they are denying almost half the teachings of the Glorious Qur'an.

My comments have always being distasteful and inappropriate and childish to you sister Herjihad whenever I quote from the Glorious Qur'an or Hadith pointing to Allah�s punishment.

Only when you assign His punishment to Your opinion constantly.  Judgment Day is in Allah, The Merciful's hands, not yours or mine!

Just as any good deed is reward by the Most Loving, Most Merciful Allah so will every bad or evil deed be punished by the same Most Loving, Most Merciful Allah. HE has told us so many times in the Glorious Qur'an.

Furthermore this is a discussion forum, so we should not be painting a rosy picture for people who are trying to find the

true teachings of Islam-

Sister, your opinions do not equal the TRUE TEACHINGS OF ISLAM!!! As neither do mine.  Subhanna AllahulAtheem!

that there is only reward and no punishment. Its only when we realize that we will be accountable for our actions that we strive to do good and refrain from doing evil.

I remind you of this Hadith Qudsi:  When Allah, SWT, created this earth, He promised that his Mercy is Greater Than His Wrath.

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala guide us and save us from our shortcomings. Ameen!

Ameen!

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic