IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why is this offensive?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhy is this offensive?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 3:48am
Originally posted by Chelle Chelle wrote:

Originally posted by Angel Angel wrote:

I read, and yet to confirm, that those who sent the teacher to jail realised they were in the wrong and themselves to jail.  

Unfortunately, that was from a spoof site.  It wasn't really true.  They still think they were right.

Yes Angel, don't believe everything you read on the net..."babylon" is distinctly satirical and heavily laced with surreal and often bone dry humo(u)r....but remember.....all the best humour has an element of truth.  :---)

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 8:49am

Tom123,

Unfortunately few people care about the suffering of Africans- and this applies to Arabs as much as it applies to the West.

I've heard several theories on why this is so. I had the luxury of speaking with a Sudanese African who recently had received asylum from that region (I didn't dare to ask how) and informed me on how bad it is there. He told me the janjaweed took his wife, killed his children and let him to die in his burning house. He said since, he has tried to get Muslim scholars and other officials from around the world to get them on the ball with the issue. Unfortunately, he has a lot of unsuccess and some success. Unfortunately, Africa is seen as an expendable continent (funny how we think about this as this is the birthplace of humanity).

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 5:17pm

Thanks chelle and colin

i'll end my confirming now. Anyway apart from that little bit I still stand by the rest of my post.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Tom123 Tom123 wrote:

The war in Sudan started when Khartoum decided to occupy Southern Sudan.

Why not, who allows the breakup of a country anyways?
You would think Lincoln should have let the Confederates break away with their black slaves

Originally posted by Tom123 Tom123 wrote:

The rebels began fighting after their land was occupied by Arab armies and their land was being taken from them.

Funny that you mention oil, that is the exact reason why Khartoum was ethnically cleansing the Southern Sudanese- to make way for drilling that would benefit the North.
This getting away from the thread but as long as American and Canadian oil companies are there pumping oil this discussion is moot cuz the brown or black people who stand in the way of these oil companies are toast. How do you think these south Sudanese rebels will take this  oil to the market being landlocked?  
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2007 at 11:20pm

Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

The teddy bear was named after a student not the prophet. As i said earlier many people have the name Muhammed, spelt in varies ways.

Student defends teacher jailed in Sudan

November 28, 2007 - 2:33PM

A 7-year-old Sudanese student today defended his British teacher accused of insulting Islam saying he had chosen to call a teddy bear Mohammad after his own name.

Angel: You have copy n pasted quite a few news clips

Don't you think 54 year teacher should have more brains than this 7 years old student?

And in place like Sudan she has put this poor 7 years old on the hot seat!

The parents of the child put him in the hot seat not the teacher. The parents urged the child to do the right thing and come forward.

Quote Do you know how much trouble he has bargained for a dumb teacher? He might get tarred and feathered by other kids in the neighborhood while the  teacher is safely back home?

The teacher is not dumb!

The principal knew about the activity and the parents knew about the activity and naming the teddy bear, notices where sent out to parents beforehand informing them of the activity if there was in objection it would have been then not after the fact.

The consenus is the naming had nothing to do with the prophet. I would think that the principal would have stepped in otherwise and mentioned something to the teacher.

Why is the teacher solely to blame for being ignorant, the principal didn't complain so why isn't she not being labelled as ignorant??

I read, and yet to confirm, that those who sent the teacher to jail realised they were in the wrong and themselves to jail.  

wow; seems like naming of the teddy bear was a project for whole neighborhood
the school should be renamed as School of International knuckleheads
I give credit to the liberality of the Khartoum's government that they have let this colonial era church school function after all the going on in that place!  

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2007 at 12:33am

what's so funny about the neighborhood knowing what was going on in their school.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic