IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Pakistan suspended from the commonwealth  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pakistan suspended from the commonwealth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pakistan suspended from the commonwealth
    Posted: 22 November 2007 at 1:16pm

At 21.00hrs GMT it was announced on BBC news that Pakistan has been suspended from the Commonwealth.

The reasons given are because Musharref has failed to restore democracy and basic human rights to the people of Pakistan.

It has been done with 'sorrow' not 'anger'

This will be a huge blow to Musharref. He has overstepped the mark. It is not known at this time whether the suspension will be short or long term.

The people of Pakistan are still yet to know this news, and will wake in the morning to learn of this suspension.

Let us all pray that peace can be restored as soon as possible to Pakistan

Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 2:54am
Wow martha, you seem to place a lot of importance in the trappings of
past empires... how many people in Pakistan do you suppose even knew
they were a member state of the 'Commonwealth'?

Take a look at the name : 'common' and 'wealth'. This SHOULD mean:
common= yours and mine, and 'wealth'= of great value, particularly in
monetary terms.

What it ACTUALLY means is the wealth of the Queen of England and each
member state swears to recognise her supreme authority over the
'Commonwealth'.

Mush was suspended once before by the same bunch, it didn't make a
dent then, it won't make a dent now.

Peace may come to Pakistan and to all regions of the world when we deny
our faith in money and place it with the sole authority over all of us.
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 3:47am

Duende, I am British and have values. Years past countries were members of the British Empire. It was changed to the Commonwealth. This meant that Britain no longer had rule over countries.  Countries chose to be part of the Commonwealth when it was created. We dont rule these countries, we work with them. If they want to opt out they do. It has nothing to do with money.

It is to do with good relations. Shame you dont see the full picture.

I was not suggesting anything, I was showing personal growing concern for another nation.

I get tired of others criticising Britain.

marchfriday View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marchfriday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 7:15am

[The people of Pakistan are still yet to know this news, and will wake in the morning to learn of this suspension.]

Marta it is terrible and insulting but i believe that it is just bluff play between and bush and mush, can someone answer me this that thousands civil society members were arrested; many on house arrest; all supreme court judges placed under house arrest; constitution disabled, yet bush is saying that mush hasn�t crossed the line.

Report: Bush offers strongest support for Musharraf
www.chinaview.cn 2007-11-21 23:45:40  

Special report: Pakistani Situation

WASHINGTON, Nov. 21 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President George W. Bush has offered his strongest support of embattled Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf, saying the general "hasn't crossed the line" and "truly is somebody who believes in democracy," the Washington Post reported Wednesday.

The latest remarks made by Bush in an interview with ABC News anchor on Tuesday contrasted with the U.S. administration's previous statements, which expressed grave concern over Musharraf's announcement of emergency rule.

The shift appeared part of a broader strategy to ease the crisis in Pakistan. the Washington Post said.

U.S. Deputy Secretary of Sate John D. Negroponte carried a terse message to Musharraf during talks last weekend, urging the general to step down as chief of the army.

The Bush administration is expecting Musharraf to shed his military uniform by the end of the month, an unidentified administration official was quoted as saying.

Pakistani authorities released about 3,000 political prisoners Tuesday, although some 2,000 remain in custody, according to the Interior Ministry.

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 8:11am

Dear Marchfriday,

Yes it is terrible that Mush has done so many bad things. Bush is wrong, Mush has crossed the line.

Bush isnt part of the Commonwealth. He isnt part of anything, just his own interests. America thinks only of itself. That is why it supports Mush. America is an insular country.

As for Britain, it doesnt agree one bit with Mush and all that he is doing. But we do as a nation send many millions of pounds to help the Pakistani people. Unfortunately when Mush has a hold on everything the money doesnt go where it was intended to go. We always help everyone when there is a need.

I do know that British people do not want association with the US. Unfortunately even our government doesnt do what its people want.

Until countries agree to unite there will never be peace. It is very sad.

I expect I will get some silly remarks back.

Duende View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duende Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 8:42am
Martha, if you're expecting some silly replies, you shall have them.

The unfortunate truth you can research for yourself, right here on the
web, is that countries 'unite' only according to what their bankers desire.
It is an extremely frustrating and very well camouflaged fact of life.

What a nation's people want and what it's rulers provide are rarely in
accord, yet we still cling to the idea of 'democratically elected'
representatives to 'lead' us in the best direction.

Have a look at a few sites which may open your eyes to the ugly truth
about The Powers That Be:
www.bilderbergbook.com

www.augustreview.com/

Edited by Duende
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 8:58am
Duende, I know the truth already thanx about how the world works. But I shall continue to  hope for a better world for everyone to live in. . If I stopped doing that I might as well not bother to wake up in the morning. I might not be able to change the world but hope is a wonderful thing to have. Maybe you would like to comment on my new topic?
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 2:49pm

Duende, I am British and have values.

Love your spirit, but should I take your comment to read that only the Brits have values?

Years past countries were members of the British Empire.

Members of the British Empire?

Didn�t realise it was some sort of a Bingo club? Please educate me on how countries applied for the membership of the British Empire? I would like to take issue with history that makes us believe that these countries were occupied with the help of superior weapons and, yes, with that Royal Navy.

It was changed to the Commonwealth. This meant that Britain no longer had rule over countries.

All my sympathies, but then you know that all Empires come to end one day!

It has nothing to do with money.

Let�s be friends, I live in Manchester, just happen to spend these bleak wet winter months out here in Spain. We can level out, I won�t let anyone even get wind of it!

If it weren�t about money then what were the Brits doing spilling all that blood in all those countries? Shall we spell National Interests? Calmly? And, with a deep breath?

It is to do with good relations.

Good relations with who?

We could have tried this good relations exercise, with the Palestinians, we so brutally partitioned to design a Mid East to our own advantage?

Or, even with those pobre Indians, we claimed to be the Jewel in our Crown? I won't even mention the poor Kashmiris, we sold to the Dogras for a mere 7.5 million rupees without even having the title deeds of the place or of the people sold with it.

I was not suggesting anything, I was showing personal growing concern for another nation.

I will back you one hundred percent if you are really concerned with this nation. Let's mail Gordon Brown our concern about this emergency imposed by a half witted desperate Dictator, to prolong his hold on power.

Shall we ask the community to have this rolled back, restore basic human rights and re-instate the Judiciary? Hold election, but FREE and FAIR ones. And get your man asylum and settle him around Cheetham Hill area.  

I get tired of others criticising Britain.

I do too, but when we have been robbing, looting and double crossing people all over the world, for a good 287 years, that�s exactly what we get.

In fact, we should be happy with mere criticism than what we have actually come to earn, by sowing terror across the world � like in Iraq and in my country, Afghanistan, just recently 

� only because we ever refused to Apply for the British Empire membership!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic