IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Saudi Girl sentenced in own rape  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedSaudi Girl sentenced in own rape

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2007 at 6:44am

You know, I wonder if she got a harsher sentence because she's Shia and not Sunni?

I also recently read that her husband has been working very hard on her defense.  What husband would do that if his wife had been naked in a car with another man?  I think he believes his wife that she was only retrieving the photograph and was being blackmailed.

Who knows...Only Allah.  All of these people will face their judgements.

Oh, and Angel, the beatings are done a few at a time over a period of several weeks, she's not getting all 200 lashes at the same time and the method they use does not break skin.  So its not like the Slaves of the American south.  Many of them died from flogging because of infection from the open wounds left by the bull whip.  Still, to my western mindset, its still barbaric to beat a rape victim extra for speaking to the media.  Quran says 80 lashes...why is she getting 200, that's my question, I though the Quran was the final law.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2007 at 6:45am
Originally posted by Angela Angela wrote:

You know, I wonder if she got a harsher sentence because she's Shia and not Sunni?

I also recently read that her husband has been working very hard on her defense.  What husband would do that if his wife had been naked in a car with another man?  I think he believes his wife that she was only retrieving the photograph and was being blackmailed.

Who knows...Only Allah.  All of these people will face their judgements.

Oh, and Angel, the beatings are done a few at a time over a period of several weeks, she's not getting all 200 lashes at the same time and the method they use does not break skin.  So its not like the Slaves of the American south.  Many of them died from flogging because of infection from the open wounds left by the bull whip.  Still, to my western mindset, its still barbaric to beat a rape victim extra for speaking to the media.  Quran says 80 lashes...why is she getting 200, that's my question, I though the Quran was the final law.

"You know, I wonder if she got a harsher sentence because she's Shia and not Sunni?"

Angela, while I don�t doubt your good intention, such statements without any evidence can easily cause discords among people. Islam forbids us to speculate without any evidence.

There is already a thread on this topic in the Current Events:

Anyone interested to continue to discuss this matter can take part there:

Rape victim gets 200 lashes

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic