IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whose the Terrorist Muslim or Christian?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whose the Terrorist Muslim or Christian?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OSCAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 2:44pm

Anatolian

hi im not sure there is a question in your reply but i will give you a basic answer,  Islam is simple logical and practical as you have experieced by not eating pork, we don't eat pork because of any irrational fears or belifes its simply you are what you eat. if the pig eats rubbish and you eat the pig you have eaten rubbish, the pig itself is a marvelous creature created by God to recycle harmful organic matter.

if you agree Muslims are right about pork, in time you will realize they were right about everything else in the Quran.  

Edited by OSCAR
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2007 at 11:03pm

The question of this thread is misleading:

Whose the Terrorist Muslim or Christian?

The above question no offense is not well written out because either the author did not properly think of the correct title or is not proficient in the english language (no offense). "Whose the terrorist Muslim or Christian?" Implies implicating a person. However judging from the responses I understand what the author is trying to get at. In my opinion terrorism is not defined by religion but rather is one of many possible motivating factors. Of course historically many warriors in the medieval times have used religion as a guide to conquer new lands and some used religion to take them back.

Religion, much like things we eat are only dangerous when done in excessive fashion. When one tries to force religion on another autonomous human being then it becomes VERY dangerous. Should we ponder the question on who is the most dangerous of the two Muslim or Christian? I'd say neither because they are equally capable of committing the same horrific crimes regardless of doctrine. There have been many crimes (both in the media and not) done in the name of Christianity and many crimes done in the name of Islam. I don't think looking at personal experiences including news paper clips and news reports account for truth they are basically perspectives on the issue.

Anatolian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anatolian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2007 at 1:05am
Israfil, I completly agree with you and that humanities brutality surpasses
religion. But we do not see any brutality within Christianity these days as we
see in Islam. The actions by these fundementalists is quite, how can I put it,
archaically disgusting. I came across this article today I would like you all to
read it and to give me some feed back on it. I want you all to read the part
about the Christian toddler who was kidnapped and how his mother could
not pay the ransom. The way he was "sent back" to his mother is beyond
belief.

http://www.aina.org/releases/2007053195824.htm

OSCAR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OSCAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2007 at 3:50am

Originally posted by Anatolian Anatolian wrote:

Israfil, I completly agree with you and that humanities brutality surpasses
religion. But we do not see any brutality within Christianity these days as we
see in Islam. The actions by these fundementalists is quite, how can I put it,
archaically disgusting. I came across this article today I would like you all to
read it and to give me some feed back on it. I want you all to read the part
about the Christian toddler who was kidnapped and how his mother could
not pay the ransom. The way he was "sent back" to his mother is beyond
belief.

http://www.aina.org/releases/2007053195824.htm

again as i have written previously one criminal action is enough for you to make insinuations about Islam.

you conveniently forget the religion of those like you who say we Christians are peace loving, and then drop bombs and blow of the arms and legs of kids in Iraq remember Khalid, who came to UK for surgery after his entire family were killed he was on Fox news there are thousands more like him.

Anatolian answer me one simple question in the last 10 years what was the religion of the people who killed the most civilians in the world, dont forget Rwanda and Bosnia in your calculations.

Edited by OSCAR
Chelle View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2007 at 8:12am
Everything George Bush has done has been in the name of his version of Christianity. 
martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2007 at 8:24am

I think the point Anatolian was trying to convey is that wars such as Iraq are not based on religion ie Christianity.

They were done for the sake of some other cause. The leaders might declare they are Christians, and  try to establish peace in foreign lands by killing innocent civilians. Regardless of any ones beliefs, we all know that the innocent suffer. But these wars are based on politics, greed and selfishness, not religion. Regardless, their acts obviously are accountable for in front of God, but often unanswered for in this life.

He is suggesting that there are muslims who kill purely for the sake of the religion Islam. They are often, though not always, random attacks  against all peoples of all religions,including its own. It is this that Christians cannot understand. How can they believe that Islam is a religion of peace ? Britains will remember the tube bombings for example. It was planned to cause as much  chaos and loss of life as possible, by  young muslim fanatics, that did it for the cause of Islam. Several innocent muslims died in the bombings too.

One final comment regarding the innocent of Iraq that lost limbs and needed surgery. It is invariably the Christians who paid and made it possible for them to have prosthetic limbs and counselling and  money is given in its millions to repair damage done to all war riddled countries. 

some of us are a lot like cement:- all mixed up and permanently set
Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2007 at 9:22am

But in Islam you are not to ask "complicated" answers to an Imam or he will call you a heretic or if he is polite he will just say leave it to Allah for it's too complicated we are only his slaves.

Oh now come on.. this is not accurate. You have to know about levels of knowledge. The basic idea of Islam is easy (Belief in One God, Prohets, Angels etc.) and then it takes a lifetime of learning and knowledge, practice to gain a deeper understanding of Islam.  And an Iman is not a scholar.

I also have never been told by people that something is too complicated. The vast majority of Muslims if they do not know the answer will help you find it or ask someone they know.

And 2nd of all, there are many, many Catholics, Christians etc, when really pushed for an explanation of the trinity say" you just have to believe."  And besides, the average Catholic does not have the depth of knowledge to debate using Biblical or Quranic sources.

And most of us have never said you are a heretic  

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
OSCAR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OSCAR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2007 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by martha martha wrote:

It is invariably the Christians who paid and made it possible for them to have prosthetic limbs and counselling and  money is given in its millions to repair damage done to all war riddled countries. 

was it not the same Christians that were responsible for blowing them up, and then you want to show the Muslims how compassionate you are for helping them.

the logic some people use is crazy

Edited by OSCAR
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 19>
  Share Topic