IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > World Politics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why war on ISLAM??  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why war on ISLAM??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i s2 islam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why war on ISLAM??
    Posted: 11 November 2007 at 10:36pm
bismillah,

i would lke to know if you ever think why there is war on many islamic countries for example we see war on iraq, lebanon, palestine why do you think this is??

do you guys think its maybe due to the fact, deep down , they know Islam is the correct religion but deny to accept that.

please tell me your thoughts ..thnx
Diagoras View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diagoras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 7:08am
Mainly, it's because Arabs come from a different cultural background and thus are perceived as "alien." Also, the high concentration of oil doesn't help matters.
A proud constitutional democratic republican.

The board's friendly neighborhood atheist.
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 6:32am

Quote from Diagoras

"Also, the high concentration of oil doesn't help matters."

martha View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2007 at 7:48am
No, I dont think it's because they know that Islam is the correct religion. The Christian, Jewish, muslim religion are all right. They all believe in the same God. They just do some things different.
Cassandra View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassandra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 2:40am

Originally posted by i s2 islam i s2 islam wrote:

bismillah,

i would lke to know if you ever think why there is war on many islamic countries for example we see war on iraq, lebanon, palestine why do you think this is??

do you guys think its maybe due to the fact, deep down , they know Islam is the correct religion but deny to accept that.

please tell me your thoughts ..thnx

Cassie being serious now...

I think there is a bit of a problem with your question because your topic says "War on Islam", but your posting says "...war on Islamic countries".  You have to admit there is something of a difference.

The official line is "War on Terror": that can be reaction - presumably military or at least armed - against any nation, any religion.  That it is located in the Middle East etc has its precedents, and comments have already been made on what those are.  This is about power and economics, not ideology, although religious extremism is bound to be used as the reason, and perhaps rightly so.

Do see Avaaz.org, and especially their award winning video clip Stop the Clash of Civilizations.  These are not the reasons that governments harbour, but they are the fuel with which they feed the fires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWyJJQbFago

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2007 at 7:20pm
No, i think it is oil / wealth and greed. They need an "enemy" now that Russia and Communism fell. Thus justifying its huge military and contractors etc.  It is the next great "scare"
When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
Whisper View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whisper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2007 at 1:26am
No, i think it is oil / wealth and greed. They need an "enemy" now that Russia and Communism fell. Thus justifying its huge military and contractors etc.  It is the next great "scare"
Yes, sadly, pobre Cap It All itis can't survive without b'leedaan (ancient blood sacrifice rituals) and the masters have to keep inventing enemies. Plus, Islam proposes a greener, more human-friendly financial system that scares the existing exploitive one.
Diagoras View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diagoras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 3:41pm
You know, I've always thought that the choices offered by Right-wing Christianity are pretty unpalatable. Either join a giant, single-minded theocracy run by a superpowerful tyrant, or burn in hell with Ghandi. Tough choice.

Back OT, their appears to be a lot of internal strife in the Middle East. Thus, it is easier for foreign powers to exploit them for their resources.
A proud constitutional democratic republican.

The board's friendly neighborhood atheist.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic