IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - King Abd’ullah: Was this smart?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

King Abd�ullah: Was this smart?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2008 at 7:32am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

The rulers are also not pious (muttaquee). Even though wine is forbidden but hardly any Saudi will be found who does not drink.
Hi there MM,
You shall not be questioned on the day-of-judgement for the actions of the rulers, niether does thier piousness in anyway effect your actions. So if they drink wine, Allah will deal with them accordingly - no fear. No need to always dwell on that issue and harbor antagonism. Having a God-Fearing ruler is a blessing and an added bonus, but muslims cannot expect to always have perfect rulers.

Plus, in order to change the rulers/government - the people need to change first. They have the power to over-turn bad rulers/governments. It has been done and is possible. So rather than rave about the 'bad conditions' perhaps one should focus on changing themsleves and thier families. . . thats the 1st step.

Does it serve the purpose? Do the Muslims have any Imam today ho should guide them. If there is no Imam then there is no Salaat. Salaat is the primary obligation (prayer). If there is no Salaat then there is no Zakat or Hajj.

So are you suggesting that just due to the absence of a capable imam, all other aspects of Islam have been rendered useless? Allah asks you to obey Him, one should do just that. Focus on individual Imaan and individual actions. The Imam can be ANYONE. It can be the head of a household, society, nation . . . absence of an islamic imam does not nullify all other actions that Allah requires of us.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 3:12am

Chrys Your first part reply is quite in good order. Agreed. But I would not agree to the second part about the Imam. Perhaps you will please reconsider the matter and feel the need for an Imam (A real good spiritual head).
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 3:22am
Originally posted by minuteman minuteman wrote:

Perhaps you will please reconsider the matter and feel the need for an Imam (A real good spiritual head).

Oh, dont get me wrong . . . I do think there is a dire need for good muslim leaders today. . .  I just think we as muslims should not blame all our problems soley on the lack of good leaders and should accept some of the blame.

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 3:39am
[

Sign-Reader is right when he says that in British India, laws were much better for the Muslims than they are now. But it is all justified. The Muslims of British India deserved some relief from their misled religious leaders and kings. So they got that relief. .

Thats not true at all! Pl refer back to history to read abt how racist the Brits were in the subcontinent. And muslims were on the bottom rung. Also, had they been satisfied or in relief they would NEVER have rebelled for independence. And these rebellions were there throught the reign. The British Raj was purely for greed, and British supremacy . . .dont fool yourself into thinking they ever had the local's interests at heart.

The present day Muslims of after partition Pakistan deserve what they are getting because of their arrogance and denial of truth and justice and their denial of the bounty of Allah that granted them freedom

They abused that bounty and so they are suffering under inhuman laws. In order to get justice, the pakistanis have to do justice to themselves and to all other classes of people. But they are being misled continously for many years now. So the suffering will continue.

EXCUSE ME? You seem to have a personal/political grudge against Pakistan. What arrogance? What denial? How could you possibly justify ANY wrong done to the Pakistanis? Who are you to sit there and pass judgements about what the Pakistani public deserves or does not deserve, or what they should or should not do? Justice to other classes of ppl?

You seem to suggesting that Pakistan is an evil country that has brought upon calamaties on itself? Newsflash: Pakistan is one of the FEW countries, founded in the name of Islam, where muslims could have the freedom to practise thier own religion. They are also perhaps the ONLY country whose sentiments lie with ANY AND EVERY muslim nation around the world. They jump up whenever a wrong is committed around the world while others sit silently. Pakistan was willing to accept sanctions JUST SO they could help thier fellow Afghanis and Iranians, Kashmiris. The same Afghanistan and Iran that now backstab it. Pakistani Mujahideen are willing to help any muslim country under war and go to help them. .

You seem to have opinions on how to improve things all over the world by blaming others, whether they be Saudis, the Monarchy, the Pakistanis, Lack of leaders, wine-drinking whatnot. I suggest you look at the man in the mirror and help him improve, and ask yourself what is it that you have done to improve the state of muslims today - apart from flinging blames and opinions - becuase that does not count. . .

Edited by Chrysalis - 17 June 2008 at 3:50am
Shasta'sAunt View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shasta'sAunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2008 at 10:27am
All people who colonise other nations do so under the guise of bringing enlightenment and civilization. However rarely do they bring such to the indigenous population and rarely does the indigenous population desire to be "enlightened".  Usually the land and resources are plundered , the natives become virtual slaves with little or no rights, and the enlightened colonists become dictators and tyrants.

Most people, if given a choice, would rather have a tyrant of their own making than one forced upon them by someone else.  I am sure the Pakistanis are no different.
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.�
Eleanor Roosevelt
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 3:26am
 Chris What you have written is right. I agree that British had not come to help the Indians. They came and captured whole of India just with a bullet and due to the bad behaviour (Munafiqat) of some muslims. Who was responsible for that?? You know the survival of the fittest? Then why to cry and blame the british when the locals were at fault.

But do not forget that it was the inner major weakness of the muslim Ummah which brought down the Muslim government in Spain and in India. I hope you will not deny the faults of the muslim leaders who have been bickkering all the time. Even now, while India is advancing in all fields, the Pakistnis are engaged in internal fighting. Every body seems to crying for water and electricity. The most horrible condition. I believe that you always close your eyes to such things. Will you blame others?
minuteman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minuteman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 3:33am
 The Muslims of 100 years ago were so weak spiritually that they lost everything. They even lost the name sake khilafat of Turkey and the name sake worldly kingdom in India which has no real value. That is a clear proof of their spiritual downfall. They are absolutely zero even though loving Allah and the Prophet and praying and spending and performing Hajj etc.

In the Hajj about 2 million Hajis cry and pray to Allah and seek forgiveness. But it appears that Allah is not listening to them any more. Why?? Because they are not walking and working in the way of Allah. I have no grudge against any one. But at least i realise that there is a severe problem at hand. That is not a crime.
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2008 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

[
    [QUOTE]

Sign-Reader is right when he says that in British India, laws were much better for the Muslims than they are now. But it is all justified. The Muslims of British India deserved some relief from their misled religious leaders and kings. So they got that relief. .

OH pleeease quote me correctly; what I said was

"Pakistan had better law and order under direct colonial rule than it is today!"
The laws were not better for Muslims i would say but were those folks knew what Islam was?
And that was irrefutable the day Brits left and it is today things have gone down hill- 60 years and counting! I can relate some stories that I remember if you like!
Today the country is lead by two families  of thugs and a musketeer on US payroll! And you think the colonials are gone!!
Simple question of cleanliness(wudu) for Muslims to pray is paramount! 
Have you paid attention to the open areas in the city wherever you live in?--- the piles of garbage, lack of potable water and staple foods for the common man but availability of drugs being no problem! What gives? i think I should stop here..................

Edited by Sign*Reader - 18 June 2008 at 10:25pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic