IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islamic INTRAfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - King Abd’ullah: Was this smart?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

King Abd�ullah: Was this smart?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2007 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum,

King Abdullah�s actions don�t represent Islam as a whole.

Says who?

"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 12:18am

Here are short clips of the meeting: http://www.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=70288&feedType =VideoRSS&feedName=TopNews

The problem with politics and political leaders is, despite the reality, there is always room to show off how much money you have. I'll admit, the sword looks nice and I'm sure its value could feed millions. I again echo my sentiments before: regardless whether this man performed his gestures out of sincerity, or to discuss the current filipino workers in Saudi Arabia this man's actions will seem to be a reflection of all Muslims. The world at this point does not care whether real Muslims exist. The world right now sees negative actions as an indicator of Islam as a religion. This man [King Abd'ullah] actions will not be considered a peaceful symbolic gesture.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2007 at 4:14am
Originally posted by ZEA J ZEA J wrote:

Originally posted by peacemaker peacemaker wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum,

King Abdullah�s actions don�t represent Islam as a whole.

Says who?

The title "King" or "monarchy" itself has no bearing in Islam that is prevalent in many so-called Muslim nations; it goes against the sacred institution of Islamic rule. A true Muslim always likes to see what Islam tells in any matter so that he or she could follow laws set therein. 

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2008 at 12:47pm
I dont know whether it was smart or not . . . I simply think that we're thinking too deeply into the issue. The issue here is whether or not the King bieng a muslim head-of-state, hence kinda representing his fellow muslim countrymen should be entertaining a Pope who has such distorted views of Islam, or not. Pope Ratzinger was very vocal abt his negative opinions, which were factually/historically incorrect, and was propogating those beliefs. . .

I think giving a sword as a gift has something to do with Saudi or Arabic traditions. Swords have great cultural symbolism there, hence gifting one was probably a cultural thing. Whn a ruler gifts someone a sword, it probably expresses the peaceful/friendly intentions of the country. Thats all.
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader Sign*Reader wrote:

He has been told the plight of Filipino and  other Catholic flock working in the kingdom about the restrictions in their prayer activities.

Well, does anyone remember what the medievel Catholics did to the remnant Moriscos in post islamic spain, and who was welding the sword that destroyed the tolerant, most enlightened civilization of the times? It wasn' t the Muslims that destroyed a culture that was thriving with Muslims, christians and Jew living in harmony!

If It looks like as if the king being called on the carpet by the Pope to talk A Vatican statement said "the presence and hard work of Christians (in Saudi Arabia) was discussed" -- seen as a clear reference to the Vatican's concern over the Christian minority.

Vatican sources said before the meeting that they expected the Pope to raise his concern over the situation of Catholics and other Christians in Saudi Arabia.

The Vatican wants greater rights for the 1 million Catholics who live in Saudi Arabia, most of them migrant workers who are not allowed to practice their religion in public.

Well they dont let schoolgirls wear hijab at school either In France!

[/QUOTE]
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
Hamzah View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamzah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2008 at 4:15pm
I remember one Student of Islam was asked
Why can't you build or have churches in Saudi Arabia?
he answered: can you have Mosques built in the Vatican?
no was the answer, so he replyed: Saudi Arabia is like the Vatican but it's just a little bit bigger!
"Whosoever fears Allah, he will appoint for him a way out, and provide for him from where he does not expect"
Chrysalis View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chrysalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 3:13am
Originally posted by Hamzah Hamzah wrote:

no was the answer, so he replyed: Saudi Arabia is like the Vatican but it's just a little bit bigger!

LOL

Edited by Chrysalis - 11 January 2009 at 1:06pm
"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
Sign*Reader View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sign*Reader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2008 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis Chrysalis wrote:

Originally posted by Hamzah Hamzah wrote:

Subhanallah!:) You my friend, have just now answered a Question that has troubled me for some time . . . . .very aptly answered.

Comparing Saudi Arabia with Vatican is like comparing apple with orange!
Who would need a mosque in Pope's offices which is Vatican with hardly any Muslim employed there?
The mosque should be center of the community of believers and not a shell for  show!
Essentially all dignitaries, priests, nuns, guards, and the approximately 3,000 lay workers live outside the Vatican!
The place is smaller than our shopping mall covering less than 3/4 of a sq. mile!

Only commonality might be their establishment time frame of mid twenties of last century when Vatican got the independence from Italy and Saudi Arabia a payoff in helping the destruction of Caliphate!
The question for the Saudi Arabians is that why do you hire people of Christen / Catholic or Hindu religions if don't plan to let them fulfill the demands of their faiths? If they were few in numbers is one thing but with million plus presence the pretense doesn't make sense! Unless of course if the contract states upfront that they forgo the part but you know these Filipinos are hard core Catholics!

Don't forget the neo colonials won't let you learn or practice the true Islamic faith in your land after they demolished the Khilafah and  Saudi Arabia was set up!
So what gives?

Edited by Sign*Reader - 07 June 2008 at 11:08pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic