IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Daily Dua  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daily Dua

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daily Dua
    Posted: 01 November 2007 at 6:36am

Bismillah

All praise is for Allah swt, We praise Him and seek His help and forgiveness. We seek refuge in Allah swt from evil of ourselves and wickedness of our own deeds. Whomever Allah guides, cannot be lead astray and whomever Allah misguides none can guide him.

I thought of  posting the supplications and remembrances to be recited in our daily chores of life. I pray Allah swt, to make it beneficial for all seekers and readers.

Every muslim heart submits "his will" to Allah swt., and Allah swt agrees with such believers. And with whomsoever  Allah swt, agrees with, both, this world and Hereafter gets beautified. So we, as a  believer must always try our  best to commit acts permitted by Allah swt and distance ourselves from those which are forbidden in Islam. Sometimes, it happens that we fall into the trap of satan. We very well know that satan is our Open-Enemy. When we busy our hearts remembering Allah swt, then shall we defeat our enemy.

A verse in Al-Araaf says - " And bring your Lord to remembrance in your {very} soul, with humility and remember without loudness in words, in the mornings and evenings and be not of those who are unheedful"

Acc to a hadith recorded in Al-Bukhari , " Prophet {Sallal lahi alayhi wa sallam} said " Allah swt , says , Indeed am as My servant presumes Me to be, and I am with him when he remembers Me, So if he remembers Me to himself I remember him to Myself, and if  he remembers Me amongst a company I remember him amongst a company greater than it, and if he draws near to me the span of a hand , i draw near to him the span of arm and if draws near to me the span of an arm, I draw near to him the span of two out streched arms and if he takes a step towards Me, I hastily step towards him"
SubhanAllah.

Here are the remembrances of Allah swt to be made all thru our daily chores of life.

When waking Up :

Sleep is also a type of death. Sometimes people slip to death in sleep itself. But when we wake up in the morning, we are given an other day ; an oppurtunity to seek forgiveness and practice good deeds. So by reciting this dua , we thank , actually praise Allah for the added day.

��������� ������� ������� ���������� ������ ��� ���������� ���������� ����������

Alhamdullilahil lazi  ahyana ba'da ma ama'tana wa ilaiyhin nushoor.

"All praise be to Allah, who gave us life after killing us (sleep is a form of death) and to Him will we be raised and returned".

(Bukhari, Muslim)

We shall continue with other supplications, insha-Allah.

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2007 at 3:19pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah, Jazakallahu Khairan for your efforts to revive this post.

Insha Allah I will also pitch in here....maybe a mod can change the title to Dua is a Weapon .......or Daily Dua ....deleting the refer to Ramadan.

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2007 at 10:53pm

When leaving the house

������ ������� ����������� ����� ������� ����� ������ ����� ������� ������ ���������

Bismillahi tawakkaltu a'lal lahi , wala haula wala khuwwwata illa billahi.

"I depart with Allah's name, relying on Him. It is Allah who saves us from sins with His guidance (the ability to do so)." (Tirmidhi)
It is stated in the hadith that if a person recites the above dua and departs then there is an (unseen) procalamation that his need will be fullfilled and that he will be protected from any harm or injury. On hearing this dua, the Satan goes away from the place and refrains from troubling the reciting person.
(Tirmidhi)

JazakiAllah sis Alwardah for your suggestion. Shall contact any of our mods , insha-Allah.

Edited by seekshidayath
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2007 at 5:53pm

Assalamu Alalikum,

This thread has been started as per request of some participants here. This can go on throughout the year. Another thread "Dua for Ramadan" can be utilized in the month of Ramadan.

If you have any concern, please contact one of the moderators.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2007 at 5:39pm

When entering ones home

Jaabir (R.A.) narrates that Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W.) stated that when a man enters his home and makes Dhikr (remembers Allah) and also makes Dhikr at meal times, then Satan says to his colleagues that the night cannot be spent there nor can they partake of the peoples food and if no Dhikr was made on entering the house, then Satan says to his colleagues that they have an opportunity to spend the night there and if no Dhikr was made at meal times, then Satan tells his colleagues that they will be able to stay there and also get food.

(Mishkat, Chapter on food)

���������� ������ ���������� ������ ����������� �������� ����������� ������ ������� ��������� ������� ������� �������� ������������ 

Allahumma Inni as'aluka khaiyral mauliji wa khaiyral makhraji, bismillahi walijna wa'alal lahi rabbana tawakkalna

"O Allah, I seek a good entry and a good exit. We take Allah's name to enter and to exit and rely on Him who is our Lord 

After this dua greet the members of the household

Edited by seekshidayath
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2007 at 5:46pm

To be recited in the mornings

Uthman (R.A.) reported that Prophet Mohammad (S.A.W.) has said that (nothing will harm) the servant who recites these words three times every morning and evening.

������ ������� ������� ��� ������� ���� ������� ������ ��� ��������� ����� ��� ���������� ������ ���������� ���������� 

Bismillahil lazi la yazurru ma'asmihi shayin fihi filarzi , wala fis samaa'i wahuwas samiul aleem.

We have made (started) the morning (and night) in whose Name nothing in the skies and the earth can harm and He is the All-hearing, the All-knowing.

(Tirmidhi)

Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2007 at 1:12am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu 

Do not wish for death when one faces difficulty

Narrated by Anas (Radhi Allahu Anhu): Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said," None of you should long for death because of a calamity that had befallen him, and if he cannot, but long for death, then he should say,

�Allahumma Ahyini ma kanatil hayaatan Khairan li wa tawaffani idha kanatil wafaatu Khairan li

'O Allah! Let me live as long as life is better for me, and take my life if death is better for me.' (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

�������� ������� �� ������� ��������� ������ ��� ����������� ���� ������� ��������� ������ ���

Narrated by Qais (Radhi Allahu Anhu) : I came to Khabbab who had been branded with seven brands over his abdomen, and I heard him saying, "If the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) had not forbidden us to invoke (Allah) for death, I would have invoked Allah for it." (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

Hammam bin Munabbih said: Abu Hurairah (Radhi Allahu Anhu) narrated to us Ahadith from Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) and out of these one is that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam) said: None amongst you should make a request for death, and do not call for it before it comes, for when any one of you dies, he ceases (to do good) deeds and the life of a believer is not prolonged but for goodness. (Muslim)

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alwardah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2007 at 12:12am

As Salamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu  

�������� ��� ������������ ��� ��������� ���� ����������� �������� ����� �������� ��������� ������� ����� ���������� ����� ��������� ��� ��������� �������� ����� ����������� ��� ��� ������� ����� ���� ������� ������ ��������� ����� ������������ ����� ���������� ������������ ����� ��������� �������������

"Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Mawla (Patron, Supporter and Protector) and give us victory over the disbelieving people.''

Wa Alaikum Salam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic