IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A Simple Way to Experience Christ  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Simple Way to Experience Christ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2007 at 7:09pm

As a Moderator, I have no objection to your posting of thoughts but peacemaker has rightly pointed out that there should be a dialogue, not postings upon postings.

I would respond now to your post in a few words.

All are in search of God, the Lord Almighty. Moses showed the way to the Lord Almighty. Jesus and Muhammad did the same.

I don't have to go in search of Moses, Jesus or Muhammad.

An example from the Zens: If I point my finger towards the moon, do not look at my finger but look at the moon and appreciate it's beauty direct.

The effort should be to access God, the Lord Almighty, not the Lord Almighty's Servants or Slaves, such as Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

Call upon thy Lord Almighty and the Lord Almighty listens and responds.

BMZ

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 1:01am

I don't see how this post has any value to dialogue. The title speaks for itself and it reeks of proseltyzing. It should be properly titled as:

"A simple way to experience Christ AND Islam"

A dialogue is the incorporation of two or more variables and so far I haven't seen the second variable Jocko.

Anatolian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anatolian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 1:14am
Why does Islam need to be incorporated into his post? Yes I understand
it's an Islamic site but once it was moved to interfaith dialogue, the main
topic he posted was how to find Christ. That's how the thread should be
respected and observed.

He was probably trying to convey to us that as much as muslims think
Christianity is hard to grasp with it's "3 in 1" belief it lacks holiness. Yet
Christian prospective is his aim and he wants to show that with all the
dogma and symbolism, it is much easier then you think.

Yet funny thing is before "The Enlightenment", technological and
scientific reason, people somehow understood it more even the simplest
of peasants. Now with all our advances in bettering our physical life our
spiritual is fadding away. So much for balance...
JasperStone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasperStone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2007 at 6:01pm
Thank you Anatolian. The second variable needs to come from others. Jocko cannot comment on the simplicity of Islam. Reading some of the debates, it was sounding like there was an assumption that the soundest logic and the greatest intellect proved the right faith. If so, we just need to find the smartest person in the world and see what religion she is (the highest IQ on record is a woman).

People have met the Lord by saying, "Lord Jesus, I don't believe in You. I don't want to know You."
For if we, being enemies, were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, we shall be saved in His life, having been reconciled. (Rom 5:10)
Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 3:51pm

All are in search of God, the Lord Almighty. Moses showed the way to the Lord Almighty. Jesus and Muhammad did the same.

I don't have to go in search of Moses, Jesus or Muhammad.

An example from the Zens: If I point my finger towards the moon, do not look at my finger but look at the moon and appreciate it's beauty direct.

The effort should be to access God, the Lord Almighty, not the Lord Almighty's Servants or Slaves, such as Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

Call upon thy Lord Almighty and the Lord Almighty listens and responds.

The God has made the name of Jesus the highest name in all the universe. There is no other name as transcendent as the name of the Son of God.

"And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, becoming obedient even unto death, and that the death of a cross. Therefore also God highly exalted Him and bestowed on Him the name which is above every name. That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, And every tongue should openly confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father" (Phil 2:8-1).

To call  " Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus, OOOOO Lord Jesus " is to call upon the name which God has exalted high above every other name. The name Jesus is higher than the name of Moses. It is higher than the name Mohammed.

If you don't believe me try calling out to those names and see what will happen. Then open your heart and call "O Lord Jesus! O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus Christ".   I dare say by way of comparison you will know in your heart that there is something DIFFERENT about the name Jesus Christ.

To call on Him is to call on the One to whom every knee will eventually bow and every tongue will eventually confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

So I encourage people not to wait until that day when you must bown your knee to Jesus and you must confess Him as Lord.  If you see Him you will love Him and desire to call on His name voluntarily for iin calling you too are lifted high with Him.

His name has been given to be the highest name. above all rule and authority and every other name, not only in the present age but in the age to come:

" ... in raising Him from the dead and seating Him at His right hand in the heavenlies Far above all rule and authority and power and lorship and every name that is named not only in thi9s age but also in that which is to come" (Eph. 2:20b-21)

So when you call out "O Lord Jesus! Lord Jesus cleanse me of my sins and come into my heart!"  You are not only calling on the highest name in this world and age but also the highest name in the world and age to follow this one. And this is to the glory of the Father who delight that we would with Him, exalt the name of His Son Jesus Christ as the highest name.

When we call "Lord ..." that is half of the battle. We acknowledge as the center of the universe and on the throne of God. When we say "Lord Jesus. OOO Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus" we are inviting Him to pour Himself into our hearts through the blessed Holy Spirit.

The "O"  opens up the closed soul. The "OOO" opens up the shut heart. And "OOOO Lord Jesus" opens the heart to the Lord Jesus that He may enter in. Then forever after you will know that to touch Jesus is to touch God.

Edited by Jocko
I am a Christian Guest at this Moslem Forum - until otherwise informed. Hello!
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 5:38pm

Jocko,

You are talking like a Hindu.

The Hindus do that O stuff when they call their Bhagwan and recite Om.

We have to keep in mind that in his most difficult time, Jesus called only the Lord Almighty, when he said,"Elahi, Elahi, Lama sabachthani?"

That is why we can only call upon and recite the name of the Lord Almighty Allah and nobodyelse. We do not even ask or call upon Muhammad.

BMZ

Jocko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 6:11pm

Do not try to quickly compare calling on the Lord Jesus and say it is like this or that.

Being shown the sun in the sky, it is easy to say, "Oh that is like this candle in my bedroom." Or "Oh that is just like the dial on my watch that shines in the dark."

The comparison runs the other way around. It is not calling on the Lord which is like the Hindu calling. It is the other way around.

Men began to call on God in the third generation of mankind:

"And to Seth also a son was born, and he called his name Enosh. At that time men began to call upon the name of Jehovah" (Gen. 4:26)

The name Enosh means something like "frail mortal man".  In Genesis at the fourth generation of mankind men began to sense their frailness after the fall of Adam. They felt also far away from God. They wanted to be close to God. So men began to call upon the name of God.

This was before the invention of all the world's religions except the Devil inspired religion of Cain. To sense the closeness of God men began to call on the name of Jehovah God.

This same God is the God who sent His Son. He not only sent His Son He came IN the Son. He sent but He also came with the Son. And today we can call on the name of Jesus to draw close to the one God.

There are many callings and changings. Calling on Jesus is not an imitation of them. They are an imitation and counterfeit of the calling on God which started with the early people in Genesis 4.

You try calling on the name of Mohammad for five minutes and see if Mohammed will become real to you. Then you call on the name of the Lord Jesus - "O Lord Jesus.  O Lord Jesus. Wash me in your blood Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus I call on you."  You will see the difference.

By calling on the name of the Lord Jesus you will be brought into a holy realm - a divine sphere. The presence of God will overshadow you and you'll know that to touch Jesus is to touch His Father. And to call on Jesus is to receive God into your heart.

Someone needs to be bold enough to put the matter to the test. You needn't disturb anyone. You needn't make a commotion. Even to whisper the name of Jesus with a heart to touch Him is effective.

You may contact Jesus by whispering with an open heart - "O Lord Jesus. O Lord Jesus. I come to you under your precious blood for the fogiveness ALL of my sins. Lord Jesus receive me. O Lord Jesus."

This done sincerely is very effective in substantiating the reality of God and knowing that He has justified you in eternal redemption and received you as saved forever.

"Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Rom 10:13)

Edited by Jocko
I am a Christian Guest at this Moslem Forum - until otherwise informed. Hello!
seekshidayath View Drop Down
Female Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seekshidayath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 6:12pm

Originally posted by Anatolian Anatolian wrote:

Why does Islam need to be incorporated into his post? Yes I understand
it's an Islamic site but once it was moved to interfaith dialogue, the main
topic he posted was how to find Christ. That's how the thread should be
respected and observed.

He was probably trying to convey to us that as much as muslims think
Christianity is hard to grasp with it's "3 in 1" belief it lacks holiness. Yet
Christian prospective is his aim and he wants to show that with all the
dogma and symbolism, it is much easier then you think.

Yet funny thing is before "The Enlightenment", technological and
scientific reason, people somehow understood it more even the simplest
of peasants. Now with all our advances in bettering our physical life our
spiritual is fadding away. So much for balance...

You know very well thats its an islamic site. We don;t need to experience Jesus. We dpn't exaggerate Prophets and messengers of Allah swt. You people, try to poke in any where , anytime. We have got to  understand your intentions too by now.

Let me see how much you know of  christianity.

What does Bible say about Muhammad {Peace Be upon him}

What is "Alleluya"?

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: �All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 21>
  Share Topic